Page 563 of 776 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573613663 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 563

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    I've decided to start bringing my own cocoa mix to work, rather than dive into the gross Swiss Miss mixes we have already here. I brought a little today, but it needs adjusting. I put 1 T collagen hydrosylate and 1 T cocoa powder in a tiny tupperware with a few grinds of pink Himalayan salt. At work, I added hot water, a packet of cane sugar, and a bit of 2% milk. It's good, but very cocoa-y and not rich enough. Milk-based cocoa is always better and I guess I could heat up the milk in the microwave if I want, but the flavor needs work. I have some small jars I can use to transport maple syrup as sweetener. Maybe I'll go for 2 T cocoa powder.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My mood started dropping around noon. Breakfast will probably help with this. The ashwaganda does seem to help with the anxiety, but now I am just depressed. Hulky and I need to switch food intake: he is eating too much, I am not eating enough.

Urgh, and I just got hit with some mega cramps.

There's no denying it, I am depressed today. I went to bed a little late (around 11) and that seems to have thrown everything off. N is coming over for dinner tonight, but I wish he wasn't. I just want to snuggle with Hulky.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    {{{Hugs}}}. Go get some whey protein today and start feeding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    {{{Hugs}}}. Go get some whey protein today and start feeding yourself.
    How did you know I didn't have breakfast?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I can run to the grocery store during my lunch break today and look for some protein powder to get me started. At the start of next month though, I'll make an order for any new "supplements" I need (including protein powder). I am not sure which one I'm getting. NOW Foods Whey Protein doesn't have soy in it, but it's only about 19 servings for the 1 lb container ($21). 5 lb is $65, which makes it a good deal, but a lot to spend at once. The Jarrow Forumulas is $25 for 2 lbs, but 19 g of protein per scoop instead of 25 g. It has soy lecithin in it.

Potential supplement list
    -niacinamide (about to run out, do I want to continue it?)
    -biotin (my hair has gotten thicker taking it and I love that, but I don't think it's growing any faster)
    -vitex (just going to look for the best deal for capsules and get at least a two month supply)
    -I think I'm well stocked with everything else for now.

I'm trying hard not to care what people think of my experimenting. Yeah, I'm taking stuff from "Peat concepts". Who fucking cares. I do, obviously, and I hate that.

TMI/IUD update - Based on observations of first cycle with IUD and second (right now). Day 1 of IUD periods is light-moderate flow, with some cramping. Day 2 is heavier, but not so heavy that I can't deal with it, with intense cramping in the evening. The flow is lighter than it was the first month, which could either be due to the passage of time, or the addition of the Vit E supplement. I can use my Instead Softcups overnight (don't like wearing them continuously), which is a blessing, but my Lunette causes intense crampings. I may look into getting a wider and softer reusable cup at some point, but am fine using the Softcups for now.

Thanksgiving - I still don't know what I'm making. Green bean casserole, butter nut squash roasted thing (Hulky would not make this, so this is probably a good choice), or dessert (Hulky found a flourless chocolate cake recipe that he was thinking of trying)?

Weekend plans - Dinner with N tonight. Sending Hulky to the strength & conditioning class at the BJJ gym tomorrow morning. Doctor Who viewing lunch w/ friends Saturday afternoon. Hopefully getting the battery into the Mustang and maybe getting it inspected. Hopefully getting the pull-up bar shortened by C so we can install it in the hall closet doorway. HOPEFULLY relaxing and having some improvement in mood! Review wedding photos & order photo books.

I might come onto MDA this weekend, but on Monday, I'm blocking myself from the site and will attempt to stay off it all week.

Today's success story is disturbing, IMO. The behavior the girl describes is an eating disorder and by the end, she does not sound recovered to me. I want to email the worker bees/Mark about it, but don't know what to say.

canio6 Guest
    90+ pounds at 5', eats except for dairy and grains...what is the issue I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    90+ pounds at 5', eats except for dairy and grains...what is the issue I am missing?
    I don't know. I am bitter about everything today.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Girl... you need to give yourself a big fat break. It's not like you want to be depressed, or you're sitting around moping. You back at your journal! You are one of the most proactive people I know about getting better. Most people who get depressed just pity themselves and feel like victims. You don't do that at all. That makes you a hero in my book

Now, the depression. In my experience this comes along when emotions gets too much and we begin to repress. So the depression is just your mind's defence mechanism. Unfortunately it's a flawed mechanism, because it's just like putting a raincoat on when you're drowning. Now you can't swim, and you've lost your ability to float.

Take off the raincoat. What's underneath? (Wow... sorry for sounding like a sleazy sex line )

I've realised recently that I'm an extremely intense person. It's part of what makes me amazing, but it's also "too much" for most people... and "too much" for myself. I can't cope with the intensity of my feelings sometimes - the bad ones. And then I get depressed.

But my most recent epiphany is that we need to embrace the intensity of our feelings... and apply them to our lives. Can you imagine what kind of life we would have if we funnelled that energy into living? But the first step is to feel it. I'm actually at this point now - I feel my intensity, and I throw it into living. I dont know if any of this resonates with you.

But irrespective - don't beat yourself up because you feel bad. Remember how I felt like shit a few weeks ago, and you reminded me about there were ups and downs? And there was - right now I feel great! And it's not like things are going smoothly in my life.

There will be an up right after this down - catch yourself, and feel yourself float back up.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

ETA: Vitamin D. Miracle supplement. Up your dose at winter!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 11-22-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat