Page 561 of 767 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 7669

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 561

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Shoot. I forgot to start taking the vitamin E.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    For GI Readers | The HSD
    This blogger has had great success in dealing with constipation by supplementing butyrate. Butyrate is produced by intestinal bacteria, the kind that benefits from resistant starches. So I'm going to try the supplement below next month and if it goes well, I'll start introducing resistant starches in flour/powdered forms (have to go refresh my memory in the various RS threads about what is best). This is really promising.

Amazon.com: BodyBio/E-Lyte Butyrate 600 mg 250 caps: Health & Personal Care
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I think the Ashwaghanda is helping my anxiety. I am going to take a tablet in the morning and around noon to see what happens. The anxiety is still there, but it is mostly smother-able now.

Hulky was asleep when I got home last night. He got in bed sometime in the afternoon, got up around when I came to bed (10 PM), and came back to bed within an hour or two. I'm glad he's catching up on sleep and I really hope his sleep habits can go back to normal now. He's always struggled with insomnia though, and nothing seems to work consistently.

While he was out, I was feeling more and more anxious. Dinner was chocolate mango soft serve (2 T collagen hydrosylate). I always add too much frozen fruit to make a smoothie, it was like a thick milkshake so I ate it with a spoon. I got the car battery (damn, those things are heavy, Autozone says about 33 lbs which makes me feel hella weak) and then took the laptop over to my parents' house. We reviewed the wedding photos from my friend and picked out about 70 key ones that we think Baba will like. My mom is going to buy a digital photo frame and we'll load it up with the photos . I will also be ordering some photo books (picking out 20 key photos from those 70) for my other grandma and my parents. I might also order some individual prints for myself at that time.

By the time I got home, my anxiety was getting worse and worse. I started worrying about finding Hulky dead when I got into the apartment. He was fine, obviously. There was a murder in my town (possibly murder-suicide, husband killed wife & baby twin sons, then himself) this week so I guess tragedy is on my mind. Hulky and I chatted for a bit while I got ready for bed. I told him I was feeling anxious more lately. He asked if I've been seeing my therapist (which I thought was funny because I always tell him when I got), but I haven't gone since before the wedding. I've been thinking about it. He thinks I should go. I am not sure how rational I am being about it. I don't really see the point... but I have been struggling lately. Maybe it would help.

Gut - Saturday, no BM. Sunday, okay BM in morning. Monday, type 1 in the evening, very small & difficult. Yesterday, nothing. I took plenty of mag citrate through out the day yesterday, 2 g of Vit C before bed, and again this morning. Type 6 this morning. I'm going to include the Vit C in the morning for the time being. I really want to order the butyrate, but it is a bit pricey.

I took Ashwaganda this morning and felt my anxiety go down by the time I left for work. I brought another capsule to take mid-day. I forgot to bring my fruit, so lunch will be a bit small and I didn't eat breakfast =\.

I had some ginger tea with collagen hydrosylate. Unrelated, I'm sure, but my anxiety is peaking again. Time for water, Ashwaganda, and crossing fingers.

I made a therapy appointment for next Monday. I'll have to stay a little longer on Tuesday to make up for the time because of kickboxing Monday night. I'm nervous about it.

Okay, when I start ruling out PMS as a potential factor for mood issues, please remind me NOT to do that. I just got my period. I think I might try Vitex again this cycle.

The cramps have begun. Cue excessive consumption of acetaminophen! Tonight is going to be rough. I need to down a snack after work or eat dinner before kickboxing. I would rather wallow, but that would be 3 missed classes of kickboxing (there wasn't a class on Veterans Day). We only have class on Monday night next week.

My anxiety went down a bit after the ashwaganda, but I feel worn out. Maybe it is time to consider taking 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine again. I feel like I lost a battle. I want my mood to improve NOW, not in another day or two.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You were doing well when taking the 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine - why did you stop?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Because I no longer needed it. I felt worse taking it, which is an indication that you don't need it anymore.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    So weird, but your journal opened on the post where you were breaking up with Primal.

I'm not sure if you still feel like that's what you're doing or you've embraced it in a new perspective, but I just wanted to say that (obviously) I did a lot of that too; coming and going, coming and going. But I guess, the reason I keep coming back is because it's really difficult to find support from people who see the world from your point of view (at least a little), and at times when I couldn't stay on track feeling some sort of accountability from the people who've read about my progress helped a great deal.

What definitely struck a chord with me was the notion that people's opinions on this forum can sometimes be intimidating.
    I don't know how much the forum has changed, maybe now we're considered seniors, but back when we were newbies there were all these self-asserted Primal authority figures that would boast their fitness level or their strict adherence to VLC which definitely caused stress to the rest of us, thinking we were doing something wrong because we couldn't let go of out cravings or have access to grass fed beef and a back yard gym.

Since I've left I've done tons of reading on my own, and I believe that most women thrive on higher carb intake. There's must be a reason we crave sweets and get a higher dose of endorphins from eating chocolate. You can't fuck with mother nature ;p

Not that you want my advice but, as far as I remember your goal was never to lose weight. I don't see why you would sweat the small stuff. If you're goal is to be happy (a reductive assumption on my part) then avoiding the things that make you happy defeats the purpose.

Anyway, glad to see you're still here ;3