Page 561 of 844 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 8431

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 561

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So weird, but your journal opened on the post where you were breaking up with Primal.

I'm not sure if you still feel like that's what you're doing or you've embraced it in a new perspective, but I just wanted to say that (obviously) I did a lot of that too; coming and going, coming and going. But I guess, the reason I keep coming back is because it's really difficult to find support from people who see the world from your point of view (at least a little), and at times when I couldn't stay on track feeling some sort of accountability from the people who've read about my progress helped a great deal.

What definitely struck a chord with me was the notion that people's opinions on this forum can sometimes be intimidating.
    I don't know how much the forum has changed, maybe now we're considered seniors, but back when we were newbies there were all these self-asserted Primal authority figures that would boast their fitness level or their strict adherence to VLC which definitely caused stress to the rest of us, thinking we were doing something wrong because we couldn't let go of out cravings or have access to grass fed beef and a back yard gym.

Since I've left I've done tons of reading on my own, and I believe that most women thrive on higher carb intake. There's must be a reason we crave sweets and get a higher dose of endorphins from eating chocolate. You can't fuck with mother nature ;p

Not that you want my advice but, as far as I remember your goal was never to lose weight. I don't see why you would sweat the small stuff. If you're goal is to be happy (a reductive assumption on my part) then avoiding the things that make you happy defeats the purpose.

Anyway, glad to see you're still here ;3

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    -Get hammer & nails to find studs in hall closet back wall for hanging shelves
    You know you can pick up a cheap stud finder for like $5 at a hardware store like Menards or Lowes, which will prevent a ton of unnecessary holes in the wall, right? We bought one from Menards and it works pretty danged well for a $5 el cheapo.

Mood: I hope you're able to get the anxiety under control soon. I can't help but wonder if part of the problem THIS week is a result of the antibiotic killing off your gut flora... maybe? And coupled with your period starting... just a thought.

I really really really need to be thinking about Christmas... but I haven't. Things have been sneaking up on me so quickly recently! Thanksgiving, Christmas, bill due dates, everything. *sigh*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Meaty, will respond more later, cramps attack.

Jenn, we tried a stud finder, but the wall is too heavily spackled to get a reading. We have to do it the hunt & peck way haha.

Yeah, I definitely have considered the antibiotic, but given my stress for the past few months, there are a lot of factors.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

tomi is online now Senior Member
    have you tried knocking on the wall to find the stud? Hollow sounds in the dead space - and more solid sound where the studs are. Its not exact - but close. Also........... most studs at 16" on center. So measuring in from a corner usually works - not always, but usually
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I always get super anxious and often more "low" in terms of mood a few days prior and during my period. It's what I get instead of crazy angry; I often get sad. And then I get upset that I'm sad, and then I realize is HAS been about three weeks, and then I do the LOGICAL thing and get more upset that I'm not in control of my emotions. It's another evil, hormonal, downward spiral. Ughn, please make it stop, endangered species supreme dark chocolate...

NoSalad,

It's my personal hypothesis that while the men took care of the large game hunting and therefore crave meat, meat, potatoes, and meat, women and everyone else who did the gathering and small game probably snacked on bits and pieces while foraging. I know if I found a bunch of blueberries at least a handful is going straight into my mouth right there. Thus, I crave antioxidant rich things like herbs, chocolate, and fruit, even when meat is plentiful and totally awesome.

^This is completely unfounded in anything at all, especially science, but makes sense in my head.

The walls are too heavily spackled to find studs any way without nails. Trust me on this, it ain't my first rodeo (or Hulky's).

I never had mood issues from PMS until last year. It got really really bad and then my hormones were tested. Voila, low progesterone. Vitex helped a lot, then it didn't seem to do anything and I have been fine for at least 6 months without it. Now I"m not sure. Before, I was depressed during PMS week. Now it seems more like anxiety. So maybe it's related, maybe not. If I want to get my hormones tested again, going in 3 weeks would be ideal (when progesterone should be highest). But yeah, I get upset about the spiral and lack of control when I'm like this. I realized that I've been letting things build up and going back to therapy for a bit will probably be good.

Meaty, I don't remember when I "broke up with Primal" but I think I actually have at this point. I'm still focusing on whole and as minimally processed foods as possible, but gluten-free concoctions are a part of my diet for sanity purposes. I am eating more fruit than Mark Sisson would recommend for my activity level and it seems to be suiting me just fine. I am mixing and matching to make my own optimal diet. It's incredibly frustrating, but at least I get to eat a lot of tasty things. I lament about what I am not eating much less often now. I think I am suffering from some kind of burnt-out right now. I don't want to call it adrenal fatigue without testing, but I think it could go that route if I don't start taking better care of myself.
    Journal

tomi is online now Senior Member
    We all have to find the right path - the right combination that works best and makes our minds and bodies happy and healthy. If you're doing good on lots of fruit then there is no reason to deny yourself Lots of women thrive best on a higher carb level.

I hope you find you're sweet spot with food and supplements. If you suspect adrenal fatigue - start taking high dose vitamin B complex.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Yeah, I need a vitamin B complex. Thanks Tomi. I'll take stock of supplements & brain situation after Thanksgiving, once I'm clear of any period-related mood issues.
    Journal

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey NW, I've been thinking about lack of food intake in the morning and how it affects mood and anxiety for me. My anxiety and mood issues have been so much better since I upped my morning protein. If eating breakfast doesn't appeal to you, why don't you try having a whey protein drink maybe coupled with some gelatin. Walmart has a great one called Body Fortress. With two scoops, you get 60 grams of Protein. I am currently using NOW brand unflavored to avoid the sweeteners.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hulky may have stumbled across something to actually make him think about what he's eating: he's seen those articles floating around about how beaver anus is used for concocting "natural flavoring" in processed foods. Mwahahahah! He didn't want to buy the regular store brand apple cider because of that and "It's better to get that kind of thing at Whole Foods anyway."

hahaha my real reaction was very reserved. Love that man, even if he's terribly stubborn. I'm glad he's educating himself to some degree on this stuff. I think this needs to go on the Funny CW thread.

Hulky is allowing me to make ONE thing for Thanksgiving. Green bean casserole, butternut squash w/ pecans & bacon, or a dessert? Hmmm. I have to decide soon. I am so anxious at leaving him in charge of food.

So, my mood is loads better today already! Factors: second day of period (it usually starts easing up by now) and I took 50 mg of 5-HTP last night (at 5 PM). I slept really well and didn't have any crazy vivid dreams. I took 500 mg of L-Tyrosine this morning. I will continue with those supplements for a bit.

I have to forgive myself for the downward spiral. I have to remember that it's okay that I got lost in it again because it is nearly impossible to resist once it is happening. I have to accept that it's okay to take the amino acids. I know they work and I know they are better for me than SSRI's ever were. I have to trust that I will figure this out, like I have done in the past.

Supplements lately:
    -Morning: drop of iodine, 5000 IU Vit D & Vit K (not sure what the dose comes out to for that), 1 g niacinamide, caprylic acid, ashwaganda, Vit E (400 IU), Zyrtec knock-off, collagen hydrosylate in juice
    -200 mg of magnesium citrate with each meal (usually 3x daily regardless of how many times I eat) as needed for motility, oil of oregano & ashwaganda mid-day
    -1 g niacinamide, 1 g biotin (just switched this to nighttime), more collagen hydrosylate in some beverage

Recent additions: I'm taking 2 g of Vit C in the morning until I my bowels get back on a regular schedule. I bought this butyrate and will be trying two capsules with meals. If that works well, I will only take 200 mg of mag citrate at night and none at other points in the day. I also just started taking Vitex again in the morning, but I'm unsure of the dose because I'm using a liquid extract. I'll probably switch to capsules once it is done because I know those worked well for me before. If next month's PMS week is better, I'll stay on the Vitex for at least a few cycles and then re-assess.

I'm almost out of niacinamide and not sure I want to get more. I don't know if it's something I should just take regularly.

BTW, my passport arrived The picture is awful, it doesn't look like me because it's such terrible quality. If I'd known that CVS would print out such a shitty digital picture, I would have just done it myself at home and printed w/ my mom's printer. Oh yeah, and the Passport Agency didn't return my marriage certificate ! Good thing we have another at home.
    Journal