Page 558 of 798 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 558

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    The honeymoon camera arrived yesterday! I haven't gotten to poke at it much yet, and still need to get the SD card for it.

Ugh, the mid-day sickness is setting in. Gotta find something to do for the next few hours until it passes . I was going to stay longer today to make up for some missed hours on Tuesday, but I don't think I can stand to.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Open enrollment is happening now until the 22nd. They only gave us two working weeks to look at this stuff. I feel like a whole month would have been better.

Here are the options, the costs are biweekly (with each paycheck). We currently have the Basic PPO. Dental is $2.89 per pay period for both of us. Vision is $7.81 per pay period for both of us.

Total per month if we go with the basic plan for next year (what we currently have): $65.12 ($1159.86 for the year)
    Total per month if we go with the premier plan: $185.40 ($2410.20 for the year)

If we have another year like this one and the one before, having the premier plan would be well worth it to reduce out of pocket costs. If we end up having a fairly healthy year, however, that could be a lot of money wasted on the plan alone. We could cover the premier plan, but it would be tight, esp. not knowing what kind of work Hulky might end up with after graduation. He has dual coverage (from his dad & my plan) until May, at graduation. What do you guys think? There is also an FSA available, but I'm not sure if I could use it for both Hulky and me. It would be untaxed money to spend on qualified medical expenses (copays and deductibles, plus basically any doctor's bill I get), so you save money. But again, if we don't have another sick year, it's money wasted.

11-14-2013 12-08-01 PM.jpg11-14-2013 12-08-28 PM.png
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.

I don't think money in a FSA is wasted if you don't use it within the year. Normal insurance premiums may be "wasted" if you don't meet your deductible each year but a FSA just gathers a miniscule amount of interest, no?

I would say go with the Premier plan because Hulky either has something broke, twisted, turned, dislocated, or is just sick at any given moment. That's 87% accurate, btw.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Anthem is who Brad had insurance through - they jacked their rates up on us... they also require that the spouse carry insurance through their employer or pay a penalty... so if Hulky is employed and insurance is available to him, that's something to consider. We ended up ditching Anthem this year and went with my insurance. It was cheaper and didn't require the spouse to carry his employer's insurance.

Brad and I had the option between Basic and Standard where I'm at. Basic paid better on some things we do (chiro) than the Standard did. So if there's a specific type of doctor you see regularly, keep that in mind when choosing your plan.

In regard to your question - do we do the PPO or the Premium - all other things equal, I say premium if you can afford it since you guys tend to use the doctor frequently. I ONLY see my chiropractor so I don't need high regular physician coverage - just specifically chiropractic coverage.

FSA's are usually household, not contributor only. Brad puts $1,000 on his card and we use it for all things medical - bills, copay, prescription, contacts - regardless of who is using it. Quite frankly, they can't tell who the patient when you swipe it. Only concern we had with using Brad's FSA (through Anthem, I believe) was that we always had to prove our chiro bills were chiro bills and when we made a large purchase (like paying a hospital bill of $340) we had to provide a receipt.

This year we bumped our FSA to $1500.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-14-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The FSA is use it or lose it every year, no interest or anything. Haha that is definitely 87% accurate for the past two years...

Well, Hulky is still in school. This is our only insurance option right now. If he gets employed later in the year, I can't just pull him off the plan, so this is the choice for 2014.

I know the basic plan doesn't cover chiropractic anymore. It did 2 years ago, but this year, it wasn't covered until after the deductible was met. Then the copay was $7! Individual visits are $50 w/ no insurance. I'll have to find out how I can ask about chiro coverage through the premier plan. When I did the FSA 2 years ago, I had to scan & email or upload my receipts constantly. I can do that at work. The HR people said the FSA covers spouses and dependents on the plan.

Ideally, we won't be going to the doctor much next year. I don't think I'd do the FSA AND the premier plan, but maybe basic & FSA? Last year, I met my personal deductible of $500 from just a couple of walk-in visits (couldn't get to a doctor during the day/on the weekend) and some bloodwork. Hulky and I talked about it and I think we're leaning towards the premier plan.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Feel better soon! I was going to suggest a preg test and then I remembered you had the copper iud
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Feel better soon! I was going to suggest a preg test and then I remembered you had the copper iud
    I had the exact same thought process.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ me too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Haha, it crossed my mind as well! Ectopic pregnancy IS something to look out for with the IUD, but I am already feeling better at 24 hrs without an antibiotic. My liver is still recovering and fatty foods aren't so good with me right now.

Hulky and I went to Old Country Buffet for dinner (coupons FTW). Even the vegetables take a bath in industrial oils there, but buffets with that much variety are such a godsend. I had the baked fish (I have always gotten that since he first took me there), some mashed potatoes, carrots, and green beans. I tried to eat a chicken drumstick, but while it tasted good, it felt like it was sitting heavy in my stomach. I got another plate w/ a smaller portion of all of that. I splurged on dessert, with a little bit of vanilla soft serve and the cake goo (some kind of warm cake with warm chocolate pudding). I noted that Hulky really loves typically Southern comfort food. He said if he'd had fried okra, he would've died a happy man. I guess Army dfacs usually have this kind of food, so he got used to it.

I was hungry later and had a warm milk drink, but it was too much/too fatty so I went to bed feeling a little queasy. I had an OJ and frozen mango smoothie (added too much water so it became pulpy juice) for breakfast, including 2 T collagen hydrosylate and my other supplements (Zyrtec, Vit E, Vit D/K, Iodine, mag citrate, biotin, caprylic acid, niacinamide).

My doctor told me I don't have to do an annual exam, but I think I want to make an appointment to get vitamin/mineral levels checked, as well as cholesterol. Vit D, Iodine, Iron, B12... I don't know what else. I just want to get an updated idea of where my body is right now. If I can schedule it right, I could get progesterone/hormones checked too (1 week from anticipated period would make it around...Dec 10). Or I could just wait and save the money that I would inevitably have to pay for the lab fees. I should have my annual sometime next spring anyway, I think.

Hulky visits a prison for one of his classes Monday morning. I can't wait to hear about that field trip. For some reason, they're not allowed to wear jeans there.

Weekend to do list
    -(just me) Go to tattoo consultation mid-day Saturday
    -See if we can get the Mustang over/inspected assuming the battery is holding a charge.
    -Get C to cut the pull-up bar so it will fit in the hall closet doorway
    -Get hammer & nails to find studs in hall closet back wall for hanging shelves
    -Sweep/vacuum the apartment
    -Clean the tub
    -Change the sheets
    -Laundry

In other news, I really need to spend less time around here. I'm going to stay off the site entirely for the week of Thanksgiving.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay, I heard back from the second tattoo artist! Unless she also has time tomorrow, I'll do my consultation with her on Dec. 14th. So excited. This means I must resist getting anymore piercings for the time being.

I have about three computers to work on this afternoon. It's going to be a hassle. At least I'll be busy! If I'm lucky, I can stay longer & make up some PTO.

Time for some gluten-free pizza and an orange .