Page 557 of 798 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 557

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! The only reason I think I need a casserole dish is that the only bakeable dishes we have are three Pyrex of different sizes. We'll probably need those for other dishes and it'd be good to have more anyway.

Hmmm Hulky and I could use some bakeware for Christmas...

I am feeling really sick right now, but toughing it out because I don't want to use up my PTO anymore. I don't think I'll be able to go to kickboxing tonight. I was hungry for lunch, and then this nausea hit and now I feel exhausted and dizzy. I just need to find something to occupy myself for another three hours...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love Pyrex!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I had a Pyrex dish blow up on my stove last year. It was full of delicious, in-the-bird stuffing that I had removed and put into the dish to keep warm. It was spectacular - bits of Pyrex everywhere and ruined stuffing that smelled so delicious that I considered picking out the glass just to have some.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can't say I've broken one with heat. I broke a couple of Pyrex mixing bowls by dropping them on a stone tile floor, but that'll break just about anything except metal.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm not afraid to use Pyrex, I think I just need more than three baking dishes (we also only have 4 plates and 4 bowls)! The largest is 13x9", the other two are smaller (maybe 8x6" and something else?). With four people at our Thanksgiving dinner, we'll need some dishes to accommodate multiple sides. Maybe our guests can bring something, but I was thinking more along the lines of bread & wine, not a dish. Hulky is doing something w/ turkey (should ask him when he plans to buy it) and mashed potatoes. I was going to make the green bean casserole and something with butternut squash. Originally, the squash was just going to be for me, but A and N might like it too.

Maple Butternut Squash Casserole Mmm maybe something like this.

I am so excited to make gluten-free cinnamon rolls with my Pamela's gluten-free baking mix. Cinnamon rolls are a Turkey Day morning tradition for me.

After three hours of nausea, I'm still nauseous, but feeling hungry. Just another hour and a half till I can vanish (a little early). It's weird that I feel sick BETWEEN doses of the metronidazole (aka. flagyl) and not shortly after taking it.

You know what's funny? I wanted to be on flagyl earlier this year when I suspected SIBO. I'm so glad I didn't go that route now. This shit is brutal.

I really need to find a new way to combat this anxiety while I'm recovering from this burn out.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    we did get to go for a hike in the woods and I took a page from YogaBare's book, taking advantage of the privacy of 50 acres of forest owned by my grandmother .
    Haha - glad to see that people take my recommendations seriously

Speaking of recomemndations - you guys were talking about pillows - any one ever tried a silk pillow case? Friend of mine recommended it the other day - said it would "change your life"
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Not me. From what I've heard/read, it's great for your hair. I wouldn't want to deal with the stains.

Neither of us went to kickboxing last night. I really wanted Hulky to go, but I could tell he just wasn't in the mood. He is still catching up on schoolwork missed while he had that viral infection. He spent much of the evening studying, and then baked some chocolate chip cookies. He got the recipe from this book and it's apparently the Bush family recipe. They look excellent.

I slept better last night, but had a hard time getting out of bed to the prospect of feeling sick again today. I took my last antibiotic this morning, so hopefully that means I will feel loads better tomorrow.

Yesterday, I managed to eat an orange in the afternoon. At home, I made white rice and, once it was cooked, I splashed in a little goat milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon. I got a little bloated, but not gassy, and it was at least something to eat. Nothing else seemed appetizing. This morning, I had buttered sourdough toast w/ cheese again w/ a glass of OJ (collagen hydrosylate & supplements). I feel a bit weak, but otherwise okay right now. We'll see what the afternoon brings. Once the nausea hit yesterday, I couldn't even drink water.

I am trying to get some things done this morning while I still feel well. I really hope I can skip the sick feelings this afternoon.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I took an antibiotic that made me sick to my stomach once. I said something to the dr and he said it sounded like an allergic reaction and told me to tell drs and nurses from then forward that I was allergic. I'm glad you're done taking it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Apparently, all of these symptoms are very common for Flagyl. The nurse just said I had to tough it out =\. Next time, I'll go for the cream to treat the problem directly and avoid all the gut hassle, even though topical stuff is messy.