Page 556 of 750 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 7492

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 556

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Hii fwwiennnnnnds. I am feeling better today, but my mood is still rocky. We have kickboxing tonight and I am going to fill up my water bottle right now so I don't end up under-hydrated again.

My gluten-free pizza came out delicious. I ate too much of it. The stomach upset was not too terrible at least. I guess the pizza was less fatty than the eggs & sausage I had two nights ago? I have a ton more for lunches for the rest of the week.

I guess I am trialing sourdough bread. There's a local company that makes really good bread. It's a little pricey, but a better option than store brands. Sourdough bread should be simple: flour (not white), sourdough starter, and salt. If you can speak to the baker (or make it yourself), it should be "long ferment" to reduce or eliminate the gluten. I thought there was a thread over on the Nutrition forum recently, but I can't find it now. I may ask my godfather if he has made it and maybe get his help making my own some time (but if I don't continue it, I'll feel bad ditching the starter). Hey, maybe sourdough would make a good Christmas gift? Oh wait, I don't think my parents are eating much bread these days, and my sister's fiancÚ is gluten intolerant, so he probably won't want it and I don't know if she would eat it either.
    Short vs. Long Fermentation in Sourdough Baking

This morning, I had a glass of OJ with collagen hydrosylate (plus supplements & antibiotic), a slice of sourdough w/ butter & cheese ("grilled" the bread in a pan w/ butter on one side since we don't have a toaster, then put cheese on after), and a small glass of egg nog.

I am all about nostalgia in the fall, even with food. I don't know what it is about this time of year. The grilled cheese I had yesterday made me think of making grilled cheese sandwiches with my dad when I was little. I texted him about it, said it "smells like nostalgia" . I bought egg nog over the weekend (from a local farm brand) and it is thick and delicious. It makes me think of Thanksgiving & Christmas morning. The "cheese toast" I made this morning is something I used to do in high school, when I was just starting to make food for myself in the morning. It was usually bagels, or eggs, but I learned how to make egg-in-a-basket, perfect over-easy eggs (in cast iron, no less), and grilled cheese. I probably learned how to make grilled cheese sandwiches long before that though. I was a very picky eater as a child and bread was my staple.

So Coach finally gave us an answer on having a "long term guest": no. I already told N no, but we decided we'd offer up our place for Thanksgiving week or weekend (he said yes). I just hope he has somewhere to stay in the meantime, and somewhere to go after then. We are also taking in another friend for Thanksgiving dinner, which feels really right to me. My family hosted Thanksgiving dinners for some close family friends in the past. Over the years, fewer people came, but I still remember having them packed around the table. I am really looking forward to hosting our own dinner. If they ask what they can bring, I'll suggest a wine or some kind of bread product, since I think Hulky and I will take care of everything else ourselves. I think I'm just going to be in charge of a couple of sides (gotta see about a paleo green bean casserole recipe). Hulky wants to tackle the turkey aspect (probably just some recipe involving turkey tits, hopefully w/ skin intact) and I am afraid he will make it too dry. He tends to over-cook meat because he doesn't like it juicy. Craziness! I know, who did I marry?

We got our hotel room reserved for the honeymoon! We found a place very close to the London Eye and it should have a view. Now we just have to decide when and where we are going! I think we'll pick our day-long trips soon and then get a list of what else we want to see so we can pick and choose for all of the other days once we are there. Why is March so far awaaaayyyy????
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Now I am getting excited for your honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Now I am getting excited for your honeymoon.
    You just reminded me, my honeymoon camera should be arriving this week! I went with this one, which I won on eBay for about 1/3 of the price. Assuming the photo quality is what I'm looking for (should be, from reviews I've read and a first-hand account from a friend), it may replace my D-SLR as my everyday camera. I still need to order a new memory card for it.

To do list for weekend
    -Take holiday photo to use for cards? Hulky is insisting that we wear our knitted hats, so I have an idea of us wearing those w/ our black peacoats, maybe in the yard w/ the house siding as a backdrop. Otherwise, we can walk over to the soccer fields for some tree backdrop. I have a tripod, so we can really go anywhere.
    -I'm going for a tattoo consultation (w/ deposit) mid-day Saturday.
    -Hulky will be seeing if we can get the Mustang, and maybe getting it inspected as well while I am out.
    -We need to get our pull-up bar shortened so it will fit in the hallway closet doorway. C can help with this. Hopefully, we can install it this weekend.
    -Pick up hammer & nails from Hulky's parents' house so we can hunt for studs in the back of the hallway closet. The back wall is too heavily plastered for the studfinder to work. I want to get the parts for shelving on Sunday.

To do list for the rest of the week
    -Make some of that pumpkin flan thing from turquoisepassion's recipe. Will have to dredge up her video.
    -Go "closet shopping"
    -?

Are Your Feelings About Your Body Stopping You From Changing It? | Go Kaleo

For everyone who is struggling with "sticking to a program".

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    For green bean casserole, the base is cream of mushroom soup. You can make your own using this recipe. To paleo-ize it, swap out tapioca starch for the flour.

Cream-of-Whatever Soup Substitute | A Frugal Simple Life

I use this recipe ALL THE TIME and the family love is.

For a less "strong" mushroom taste, avoid white mushrooms. The darker ones (Montereys, I think) are less strong.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    For green bean casserole, the base is cream of mushroom soup. You can make your own using this recipe. To paleo-ize it, swap out tapioca starch for the flour.

Cream-of-Whatever Soup Substitute | A Frugal Simple Life

I use this recipe ALL THE TIME and the family love is.

For a less "strong" mushroom taste, avoid white mushrooms. The darker ones (Montereys, I think) are less strong.
    I've never made green bean casserole and didn't like it when I was young, but I think Hulky wants it. How do you make it/any recipe suggestions? I think I'm going to have to buy a casserole dish.

Any dish will work fine - as long as it can be placed in the oven.

Mix canned green beans (drained), cream of mushroom soup together. I usually top with French Fried onions (haven't sought out a replacement for those yet). Bake til bubbly. It's amazing. I love love love it.

This one looks amazing! I think I might make it for the potluck we're having next week.

Paleo Green Bean Casserole | Fed and Fit

There's also this one> Paleo Green Bean Casserole

I think I'll actually make both and see which one is better.