Page 555 of 793 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 7927

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 555

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used a buckwheat pillow for a while, but it eventually stopped helping. What works for me now is a feather pillow. I don't think you can buy one like this one, though, because it's been around long enough that the poof is gone and it's pretty flat and squishy. It's like a softer, lighter, flatter buckwheat pillow.
    Honestly, what helped my joints the most was reducing inflammation. Each person has different things that cause inflammation though, and it's trial and error. There are some common ones, but they may not be his inflammation triggers.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The chiropractor sorted out Hulky's neck. He used some kind of electric pulse thing to get the muscle to spasm (more) and then they calmed down. I asked about the buckwheat pillow and he just said that any flatter pillow is optimal. He sells pillows shown below at the office which look really comfortable, but a pillow isn't really necessary if you sleep on your back. I don't use one. Hulky is going to switch to his ancient, flat, feather pillow. I want to find him a new one though because you're supposed to replace them periodically (because EW), but this one is probably 15+ yrs old. So is mine, for that matter.

http://www.coreproducts.com/tri-core-pillow.html

I am sure most of my joint pain is either weakness or inflammation. Some days, I just step funny and my knee screams. If I eat something I know is cooked w/ industrial oils, hands and knees hurt the next day. For Hulky, I don't know. Cutting out bad oils (he gets lunch out a lot while at class) would probably be a good first step, but I don't think he's inclined to do it.

I am treating myself today to a little egg nog, grilled cheese sandwich (on sourdough bread), and a gluten-free pizza (Pamela's bread mix).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh my gourd. This grille cheese is delicious.

Pretty pictures from Maine.
    Nameless Wonders: 50-acre Woods

canio6 Guest
    Nice pictures Though I have to wonder if Hulky is utilizing at tree in one of them.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    To avoid being hunted, wear orange.

I hear ya on the "I just want to eat normal", normal being like everyone else, not having to think about what is in it, etc, but I think even if I let loose of the reins completely, I'd still have those thoughts - "I shouldn't eat this b/c of gluten", "this has too much sugar in it", "oh crap, there's HFCS again"... I also know that eating those foods prevented me from losing 55 lbs and these foods helped me lose it, and the 18 lbs I've gained back over the last month came from going back to those other foods that aren't paleo. As much as I'd like to eat freely, I'll never reach my goals if I do...

but there is definitely something that feels free-er about counting calories as opposed to constantly reading labels...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post

I hear ya on the "I just want to eat normal", normal being like everyone else, not having to think about what is in it, etc, but I think even if I let loose of the reins completely, I'd still have those thoughts - "I shouldn't eat this b/c of gluten", "this has too much sugar in it", "oh crap, there's HFCS again"... I also know that eating those foods prevented me from losing 55 lbs and these foods helped me lose it, and the 18 lbs I've gained back over the last month came from going back to those other foods that aren't paleo. As much as I'd like to eat freely, I'll never reach my goals if I do...

but there is definitely something that feels free-er about counting calories as opposed to constantly reading labels...
    Same. I've often thought, my mom is petite and slender and she eats bread and pasta and real butter and beef and wine. All in moderation, and that works great for her. Not me though... Anything with wheat and I'm a pimply depressed bloater. Still not sure if that was the cause of my IBS and it just needs time to heal. Doctors here think everything is imaginary.

If it's private property there should be no hunters there.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Nice pictures Though I have to wonder if Hulky is utilizing at tree in one of them.
    Hahah, he was trying to free it, but it had been trapped for too long so it was bowed.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Yeap! I spent a lot of time in those woods as a kid, always with an adult. I totally forgot about it being hunting season though, so we forgot to wear orange. There are plenty of hats & vests at Baba's.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    If it's private property there should be no hunters there.
    That is what I always figured, but my family was always very paranoid about someone getting hurt. There aren't really obvious boundaries to the property, so we can only hope that people know their own limits and respect them.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hahah, he was trying to free it, but it had been trapped for too long so it was bowed.
    I sure as hell hope you are talking about a tree...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I sure as hell hope you are talking about a tree...

Sorry, per an unspoken decree, I must use Supernatural GIFs whenever I use GIFs now. Except for this one