Page 553 of 768 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 7673

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 553

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Surprising and unexpected benefit of taking collagen hydrosylate for the past month or two: my knee doesn't crack nearly as often. I don't have any other "cracking" or "popping" joints so it may not seem like much, but my knee has cracked for as long as I can remember.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yay, I heard back from my tattoo artist! She wants me to come in for a consultation, which is fine because we haven't worked together enough for her to have a good idea of what I like/want anyway. I will go in next weekend, on Saturday. I think I will wait and get the piece done around Christmas or after New Year's, so it doesn't interfere with kickboxing. The kickboxing class goes until Dec 18th and I don't want to miss any classes. I think I will sign up again at the gym (and either continue kickboxing or try BJJ, you can mix and match whatever classes you want, payment plans work on # of classes you attend per week) after it is over, so I will get the tattoo, wait for it to heal a bit (at least a week, depending on how quickly it heals) and then resume training.

Woo! So excited

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I've been seeing this stuff about collagen hydrosylate for a while but havent looked into it... what is it? I get the impression it's like gelatine?

WHoop on the tat! You're making me want to get another... What are you getting?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I've been seeing this stuff about collagen hydrosylate for a while but havent looked into it... what is it? I get the impression it's like gelatine?

WHoop on the tat! You're making me want to get another... What are you getting?
    Yeah, it's gelatin w/ the gelling property removing, from what I understand. You can mix it in cold or hot drinks. I tend to pour it out into my tablespoon, sprinkle it over the OJ, mix it, and continue that process until the spoon is empty. If I dump it in, sometimes it clumps a little and sticks to the spoon. It mixes really well in hot drinks though. I find it easier to use than gelatin, since you don't have to let it gel in water before adding it to anything else.

I emailed my regular artist about a "cattoo" (cat tattoo). I want to get a tattoo of my kitty done. This is my inspiration board: Kitty with tons of photos of Fae. I want to get this one on my left foot. I also emailed another artist at Elize's shop about a Baba Yaga tattoo, specifically of her house on chicken legs. I want to get that on my right inner forearm.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    A baba yaga house would be some really strong symbolism. I always loved that story, even more so after reading "Women Who Run with Wolves."
    One thing I've seen for sentimental pieces is a quilt. I have one pieced and pinned for many of my favorite graphic tees and other pieces I love but can't wear (like my old Dallas Stars jersey.) Mentor did something similar, except hers was far more intricate. Hers was a crazy quilt, with part of her grandmother's cotillion dress, a piece of her daughter's baptismal gown, and a whole bunch of other thnigs that had a story behind them. It was really cool.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    A baba yaga house would be some really strong symbolism. I always loved that story, even more so after reading "Women Who Run with Wolves."
    One thing I've seen for sentimental pieces is a quilt. I have one pieced and pinned for many of my favorite graphic tees and other pieces I love but can't wear (like my old Dallas Stars jersey.) Mentor did something similar, except hers was far more intricate. Hers was a crazy quilt, with part of her grandmother's cotillion dress, a piece of her daughter's baptismal gown, and a whole bunch of other thnigs that had a story behind them. It was really cool.
    I just added that book to my Amazon wishlist. I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds great. I love revisionist myths & fairytales. I like to think that Baba Yaga is misunderstood, that she has a tragic back story. Medusa has some cool stuff written about her in this vein too.

A quilt is a cool idea. Maybe it would make for a good baby blanket someday. I could hang it on a wall or throw it somewhere, wouldn't have to be washed or used often. I have some old t-shirts and fabric scraps from things I wore as a kid that I could incorporate. The varying sizes of the designs might make this difficult, but I am sure I can make some kind of pattern from them.

Maine was a blast. Hulky and I both slept really poorly while there, unfortunately, and he woke up with something tweaked in his neck this morning. But we did get to go for a hike in the woods and I took a page from YogaBare's book, taking advantage of the privacy of 50 acres of forest owned by my grandmother . This morning, I bought three hats and a pair of gloves (with smartphone friendly fingertips on index and thumbs) at the store with my gift certificate. We tried a REALLY tasty pumpkin ale at the local pub and Hulky got the keep the glass.

I might put some pics of the woods up on the blog later. For now, just snacking & waiting till we can leave for the movie. I think I will have some popcorn.

I am having end-of-weekend letdown. This has happened to me for a long time and I still don't know how to work around it. I feel grumpy and irritable. I didn't want to leave Maine yet.

Sleep - Shitty sleep is back/continues. I had some relief last week, but over the weekend and last night there was a lot of tossing and turning. I am DETERMINED to take the Theanine Serene at 7 PM tonight (and make Hulky take it too). I gave it to Hulky last night, but at 8 PM and he slept just as poorly as me. Maybe it won't work as well for him with his diet?

Gut - my gut has been fairly regular lately. A lot more regular than I used to be, at least. I'm taking about 600 mg of magnesium citrate throughout the day, usually a tablet with each meal. I feel like I could continue to make progress if I keep doing what I'm doing (the things I'm eating and supplements I'm taking), but we'll see. Being able to knock back the mag citrate dose eventually would be ideal.

Honeymoon - I won an auction on eBay for the digital camera I picked out and am now figuring out what accessories it needs (case, memory card, and we'll need a voltage converter, or at least a plug adapter). Hulky and I agreed that we should have picked a hotel by now, so I'm hoping we can do that tonight, since there's no kickboxing. Our budget is pretty high for this so we have a ton of options. I had no idea a city could have so many hotels! Hulky wants to stay somewhere with an airport shuttle. I kind of want to stay somewhere with a pool.

Errands for tonight: cat food and any snacky things I feel like picking up. I got some dates last week and they are kind of dry, but at least they don't have the sickly sweet smell that they sometimes get. I bit into one and it seemed weird in the middle: there were insect eggs & a dead caterpillar thing. Ugh. I don't think I'll get pitted dates anymore. I am opening all of them to check the middle before eating now.

This coming weekend - Saturday, I will head to the tattoo shop for a consultation, but I'm really hoping we can get the Mustang over to the apartment and maybe even inspected. I'm going to ask Hulky to talk to his dad this week so the battery can be all charged up for some brief trips. I think it needs replacing and I can't seem to find a price for it for under $100 =\.

Last night, we saw Thor 2 again and enjoyed it, despite all its flaws. We then went out to dinner at the local Mexican place with our friends. It was the first time our friends have come to our town & gone OUT to dinner with us, instead of ordering in. There was one guy we didn't want at the house (just don't like him that much, but he's friends with our other friends) so we opted to eat out and it was kind of cool to be all, "Yeah, this is our home turf!.... There is nothing exciting here."

At dinner, we chatted about the movie, other superhero movies, all their ingenuity and the flaws. At some point, a weird topic came up and someone kind of started talking about the CIA and 9/11. Hulky immediately got up at arms and my mental alarm bells were screaming, "NO NO NO NO NO BAD DAY". Hulky said something along the lines of, "No, we are not talking about this, move on, new topic," very firmly, but the guy kept talking and was trying to explain how it wasn't what we thought or something. I said, loudly, "So do you think they'll make a Thor 3?" and redirected the conversation on our end of the table and the other topic continued or fizzled out, I don't know because I stopped paying attention to it. I was really pissed off that they couldn't just drop it when Hulky was clearly upset about it. You don't keep pushing it when someone flat out says STOP, you don't try to explain it away. You drop it, you move on, and you can address it again later when everyone is calm if you really feel like it's something that needs clarifying. Jeezus.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I bit into one and it seemed weird in the middle: there were insect eggs & a dead caterpillar thing. Ugh. I don't think I'll get pitted dates anymore. I am opening all of them to check the middle before eating now.
    What!! You really found insect eggs in a pitted date? Ahhhhh, I don't even look when I eat them. Think I'll switch back to the non-pitted Medjool dates - they taste better anyway.