Page 553 of 867 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 8669

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 553

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    I bit into one and it seemed weird in the middle: there were insect eggs & a dead caterpillar thing. Ugh. I don't think I'll get pitted dates anymore. I am opening all of them to check the middle before eating now.
    What!! You really found insect eggs in a pitted date? Ahhhhh, I don't even look when I eat them. Think I'll switch back to the non-pitted Medjool dates - they taste better anyway.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    What!! You really found insect eggs in a pitted date? Ahhhhh, I don't even look when I eat them. Think I'll switch back to the non-pitted Medjool dates - they taste better anyway.
    I've never seen anything inside of them before, but they were little light-colored spheres and there was that dead bug so I am assuming it was eggs. The only reason why I looked is because there was a weird soft crunch when I bit into it. It might have been a bit of a web or cocoon-type thing but I was too grossed out to look too closely. It was not just like the fibrous strands that most pitted dates have in the middle. Dates with pits definitely taste better.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Whine, whine, whine:
    I feel a bit sickly. I woke up last night feeling pressure all throughout my abdomen, but I could tell I wasn't bloated. I felt like I was going to vomit. That is part of why I slept so restlessly. Sometime before my alarm went off, my stomach growled and I was very hungry, but when I got up, I felt sick again. I just had some OJ this morning with my supplements and felt okay for several hours.

I had a banana and started to feel sick again. I ate part of a delicious apple (no idea what kind, from my grandmother) and it didn't help. I have some cottage cheese, but just thinking about it makes me feel sick. Even water seems like too much, but there's a faint hunger under all of this.

I'm tired of these random bouts of feeling shitty. Eating well, consistently, will help, but it seems to only be an extent. I guess without having slept well consistently for several months, I can't really rule anything out as a probable cause.
    Journal

Breaking Up with Paleo | Melissa McEwen on food anthropology, economics, and culture

Just thinking.

I just don't want my joints to hurt (avoiding PUFAs outside of meat seems to be really key for this). I just want to poop comfortably, regularly. I want the anxiety and depression to keep at bay.

I don't have answers. I am still looking. Primal/paleo are not the answer. I need to find my own definitions.
    Journal

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Breaking Up with Paleo | Melissa McEwen on food anthropology, economics, and culture

Just thinking.

I just don't want my joints to hurt (avoiding PUFAs outside of meat seems to be really key for this). I just want to poop comfortably, regularly. I want the anxiety and depression to keep at bay.

I don't have answers. I am still looking. Primal/paleo are not the answer. I need to find my own definitions.
    Nameless forgive me for barging in. Have you tried gelatin for joints? I have been eating/drinking 2-4 tbs a day. I felt like reducing my meat consumption. I have chronic lower back and neck pain. I am shocked, but it's gone from a level 5 pain to a level 2.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

patski is offline Senior Member
    Melissa's article is when I started making my own turn…

…then I posted my own

Do what you know works for you and only you, Tasha! And be kind and gentle to yourself. So what if paleo/primal didn't work for you?

On your deathbed, are you going to say: "SHIT. I shouldn't have eaten all that sugar and bread my whole life. Fuck!"

Or are you going to say "I'm so glad I quit my orthorexia, brought loving-kindness into my life towards my self and others, and spent quality time with those I love".

What's it gonna be, sister?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Nameless forgive me for barging in. Have you tried gelatin for joints? I have been eating/drinking 2-4 tbs a day. I felt like reducing my meat consumption. I have chronic lower back and neck pain. I am shocked, but it's gone from a level 5 pain to a level 2.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Oh yes, I use collagen hydrosylate instead because it's easier. But if I have something made in industrial oils, I usually have joint pain shortly after, so I know that is the key culprit (inflammatory response). I wish I could get my husband to give the collagen a try.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Melissa's article is when I started making my own turn…

…then I posted my own

Do what you know works for you and only you, Tasha! And be kind and gentle to yourself. So what if paleo/primal didn't work for you?

On your deathbed, are you going to say: "SHIT. I shouldn't have eaten all that sugar and bread my whole life. Fuck!"

Or are you going to say "I'm so glad I quit my orthorexia, brought loving-kindness into my life towards my self and others, and spent quality time with those I love".

What's it gonna be, sister?
    I was actually reading your blog today and went over to Go Kaleo for not the first time. I feel like I did not read your last post in the blog fully last time I read it. I have been remarking more and more to Hulky lately that I wish I could just "eat normally". I keep looking for the "right way", but I have to give that up and find my own way.

And Kaleo talks about eating enough. That is a HUGE problem for me. I need to eat MORE.
    Journal

That sick feeling is still lingering and was a lot worse last night. I had bacon & eggs for dinner and now think that might've been too much fat? I had terrible heartburn, including acid burps. This could all be from the antibiotics, but the sick feelings don't coincide with when I'm taking the pills (morning and evening). Hulky is having neck pain & not sleeping well, so he's going to try to see a doc today and I'm staying home to call the nurse's line and coddle my burning esophagus. Yeah, I woke up to heartburn this morning.

Silver lining: we got some raw apple cider (as in, not pasteurized) while in Maine and it is SO GOOD. I really hope I can pick some raw milk up from the natural market up there sometime. It wasn't open by the time we left on Sunday.
    Journal

Argh. Apparently stomach pain is a side effect of this antibiotic. They told me to eat bland food and avoid fatty foods. If fatty foods respond poorly with metronidazole, that explains why the heartburn and such was so horrifically awful last night (after eggs & sausage).

I have no idea what to eat. I guess "bland foods" would mean rice, but that will also mean constipation. OH JOY I LOVE MY GUT.
    Journal

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are having indigestion, burps, bloating, acid reflux regularly then it's time to scale back the fat in a huge way.

I would start with small amounts of rice. Well cooked potatoes too.

Hulky needs to get himself a buckwheat pillow! Mine changed my life. For realz.

Amber at GoKaleo is an awesome, AWESOME woman. And yes, once I read her Adrenal Fatigue or Starvation? article I realized that wifey and I were probably consuming around 1500 calories daily, TOPS. I started a Matt Stone like eating program back in April and put on a bunch of weight. It has been a struggle: not fitting in to favourite jeans, throwing out things I absolutely cannot fit into. None of my fall coats fit My hips expanded the most! But it is what it is. And I can't hate my body or myself for it.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.