Page 552 of 747 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 7468

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 552

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Are you worried about it? The systolic seems kind of low, but if she did it manually (vs using a machine) it could have been human error - she didn't hear the first beat or something. However, dehydration will cause a low BP, and you mentioned two posts ago that you're dehydrated.

According to Mayo though, anything under 120 is normal. So I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, 3 seconds later she could have gotten a 115/78 reading. BP fluctuates constantly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The doc re-tested it at 110/70 (both were taken manually) and said it's fine. Mine was always 120-something/80-something in the past so it seemed like something to be worried about. I'm guzzling water today since you are right, I was dehydrated yesterday and never really made up for that.

My IUD is fine. She used a mirror to show me the strings and my cervix, which was kind of cool. Unfortunately, my suspicions on a bacterial infection were correct, so I'll be picking up some antibiotics and Diflucan after work. I'm also going to be taking oil of oregano & caprylic acid again. I would try just using those to get things back to normal, but with the IUD, I don't want to increase my risk of getting PID or anything like that. The doc gave me some restrictions on sex...ideally no sex for 3 weeks, but if I'm going to have sex, we should use a condom. Since semen is alkaline and the vagina is acid, introducing semen while my vagina is recovering from bacterial vaginosis could throw the pH off again. Also, while I take the abx for BV, I'm not supposed to drink until it's been at least two days since the last dose. I'm not sure how long the prescription is for, but I'm sure I can manage that.

I'll go back in a month so she can re-test for the infection.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've been thinking about my deviantART account since I wrote about J last week. I found that I had some messages from J still in my message box there. I read them, I deleted them. I saw what I'd written in the sent folder too. I deleted all of it. Today, I deleted the account. I was mostly unused for the past few years anyway. I feel better for having done this.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe there is store near the place that you have a gift cert. where hulky can go browse on his own and let you spend some quality time looking for the perfect thing to spend your cert. on ???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

There's not much in town there. He can browse at Reny's, which is basically the local department store, but it won't occupy him for long. We'll figure something out.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Healing from the past is always a good thing, and it sounds like you're making huge strides. Congratulations on doing something that must not have been easy.
    My blood pressure is usually around 108/ 70, give or take 5 degrees. Each time a new nurse sees it (combined with my average or higher pulse and lower than average pulseox), she starts to run away and get a new machine or fiddle with the strap. "What was it?" Nurse tells me. "Yeah, that seems right." *Goggles at me*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Question of the Day: Anyone else have musical triggers for specific events/memories/people/periods of time?

For J, I can't listen to A Perfect Circle anymore. I still like the music, but I listened to it so much back then, so I just can't listen to it without getting sad. It's sad sounding music anyway. The song "Noose" specifically sets me off, as J told me that his dad wanted it played at his funeral. I never liked Smashing Pumpkins much, but I only enjoy hearing them on the radio now, just because of that one song that he sent me on the mix cd ("Beautiful", it's really good).

Surprisingly, for Duk (my college boyfriend), any music that I listened to with him or that he introduced me to just makes me think of me being alone. Not in a bad way, I was usually sewing something. I remember blasting The Dresden Dolls while making Christmas gifts during my senior year (we were broken up at that point and I had started seeing Hulky). World/Inferno Friendship Society doesn't sound nearly as good on recording. It's really a live experience. Hearing them just makes me think of how free I felt in the crowd. Anyway, it's just surprising that none of that music makes me think of Duk. There's also a lot of music that reminds me of my teenage years in a happy nostalgic way, even though I was depressed back then (Brand New, Everclear). I could do a blog post about this, just by sorting through my music library.

For the other J (shit, didn't realize that initial would be used twice...I should write out the story with him tomorrow...though I feel like I might have before? [edit - I did a search in my journal thread for "benefits" looking for "friends with benefits" but didn't find anything, so I guess I will be writing about this. Might be interesting to get some perspective on it]), Modest Mouse makes me think of him, but not negatively. We got into Dear In The Headlights together, but now it just makes me think of Hulky because of "our song".

I want to go to more concerts.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've been thinking about my deviantART account since I wrote about J last week. I found that I had some messages from J still in my message box there. I read them, I deleted them. I saw what I'd written in the sent folder too. I deleted all of it. Today, I deleted the account. I was mostly unused for the past few years anyway. I feel better for having done this.

Great step. I need to do this with my ex as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    As far as triggers: TOO MANY TO LIST. A lot of it is music or locations we'd frequented. I was friends with some pretty rotten, downer people...

Nameless Wonders: A boring post: cleaning my dressers
    This is a kind of long & boring post, but I'd appreciate some input. I'm just not really sure what I want to do. I can get by fine with what I have, but I'm tired of what I have and I also don't feel like I can justify getting more without getting rid of things.

Blah blah blah. I got nothing exciting today. I am really looking forward to going up to Maine tonight. It should be clear out and I'm hoping to see some stars while we're up there.

We saw Thor 2 last night and loved it. If I had to pick one word to describe it, it would be "witty". Despite the very drunk & giggly other movie-goers in the theater with us, I did not feel distracted during the movie and felt like it kept my whole attention. We're going to see it again on Sunday with some friends.

I got paid today, put some money into my savings account, and was able to place some Amazon orders for books (a gift for Hulky and a pre-order for me), more tea tree spray for my hair, and more collagen hydrosylate. I think I will also order more OraWellness brushing blend. The neem powder I've been using for my teeth just doesn't make my mouth feel as good.

Tattoos - my sister got some Halloween tattoos done and I'm totally jealous. Somehow, I actually have the cash to spare to start thinking about what I want next, yet still set aside money for other savings. I sent an email to my artist about a small piece, but I know she's really busy and I haven't heard back yet. I'm tempted to send another email to another artist about another piece I'm thinking of (she works at the same shop actually), but that one will be larger, so I'm not sure I should start it yet. I suppose I could always start with the outline and get it colored later. Decisions, decisions...