Page 542 of 751 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 542

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    For the jello molds: just use halved orange and Lemon peels (if it is a small party). Freeze orange slices for morning smoothies (frozen orange, cranberry juice, ginger optional, gelatin)

[url]http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/rainbow-gelatin-orange-wedges/00611d53-f0d1-4621-adbb-1d29fda0c9fa[/url
    I thought about it, but I think that's going to be too much of a hassle. I have no idea how many people will actually show since our friends fail at RSVP'ing. I'm thinking ~20 though. Maybe some other time. I'm really like this gelatin-snack thing, it's fairly easy & really fun to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    ^^Love this.
    I adjusted my tagline in the MDA app
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Jello is such a fun food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

So the wait was worth it to see Hulky's doc. He always scolds Hulky and I got to tell the doctor exactly how my husband has been failing at caring for himself. Hulky is pretty damn dehydrated & needs to eat. I am sure he will be feeling better in no time. I'll pick him up a saline mist bottle tonight, at the doc's recommendation to help clear up his head. I would get it on the way home from work, but I forgot to grab my CVS coupons.

I got Hulky squared away with water (and he made himself a sandwich as soon as we got home) & headed in to work. I'll try to stay a little later to make up time today, but I don't think there will be much to do.

Groceries for tonight: plastic cups, Jello mix, milk (trying to decide if I'm going to try cow's or stick with goat)

Time for lunch om nom nom

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    what did they say Hulky is sick with?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It's still just the same viral infection. He's been sick for about 10 days. I suspect his recovery will go much faster if hydrated & fed!

Just some idle thoughts while I kill some more time at work:

Clothes - I desperately want new clothes. Part of me wants to get rid of nearly everything in my wardrobe. I hate it all. I don't like the cut of anything. BUT I'm terrible with getting rid of clothes. I'm better at it than my mom, who just keeps things and rarely prunes her drawers & closet, but I still keep a lot. There are clothes I don't want to get rid of because they were my grandpa's. There are t-shirts I don't want to lose for nostalgic reasons, but I don't really wear them. I have several skirts that I just don't wear, but don't want to get rid of because then I'll have only 2. I have some creations that I feel guilty for throwing out, but I put the work into them so it's not like I'd be offending anyone, it just feels like a waste. I have dresses that I rarely wear or were gifts or are really nice, but just don't get worn. I don't want to get rid of them in case I need them. I don't want to end up needing something and having to go out and buy it, but I don't know what to keep. Goddammit, I need a girl friend. Maybe Venus can help me with this. We don't have similar styles, but she is good at this kind of thing and will be around this weekend!

So I've decided: stick to thrift stores. I HAVE TO discard or set aside for donation an article of clothing for each "new" article that I get, unless it is to add to a category that is diminished to begin with (right now, that's nothing). I am going to empty my drawers, re-fold everything, and see what I can get rid of without too much difficulty. And I might as well get some new hangers while I'm at it and some black dye to refresh some t-shirts & a skirt. When I tackle the closet, I'll do some ironing & sort my shoes as well. It's probably time to at least ditch the oxford Doc Martens I'm not wearing, but I don't think I can part with my goth boots yet. I wore the crap out of those in college, but they're too heavy for me now.

Forever too big for my ankles & calves, but finally fit well in the feet (US men's 7). I broke the zipper on one side ages ago so those are floss-sewn closed & I have to use the laces. The insides are a little messed up and require finagling so stuff doesn't get folded. These were awesome punk show boots, great for toe protection & delivering bruises <3.

Period - I'm going to pick up some Vitamin E & Iron at CVS when I get Hulky's nasal spray tonight. I have read both can help with heavy menstrual flow (and I don't think I have any significant sources of it in my diet right now). Anything that might help with this flow would be great. I hope it calms down after the first few cycles with the IUD. I don't want to have to deal with this on the honeymoon! I may look into sea sponges, but they'd probably need to be rinsed just as often as the Instead cups have to be emptied (usually, it's 2-3 times a day, including overnight, but with the post-IUD flow, I've already emptied it 3 times today, including once during the night). They wouldn't be practical for work, but overnight & weekends when I can use a sink would be fine. I recalled however that usually my cycle is 30 days, so it should shift enough that my period will not occur during the honeymoon. *fingers crossed*

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I might be able to help with the clothes stuff, via Skype or Fb chat. it won't be the same as me being there, but it's better than nada. The first purge is always the hardest, after that, one in, one out works well.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sweet Depending on time & energy, I'm going to see what I can do with Venus this weekend & go from there. I have a lot on my plate and am very prone to taking on too much when motivation strikes.

I've got the motivation now and way too much energy for some reason. Bouncy legs all up in here.

Sleep - I took the blasted Theanine Serene too late again last night. Weird dreams, nightmares, and woke up HARD. Uh...yeah, not that kind, I'm not equipped that way. I stared at my phone for a good 30 min on the couch before I could get myself to go and take my supplements. I feel like a wreck.

Food today
    -orange juice w/ collagen hydrosylate (slippery elm powder, vit D/K, iodine, biotin, vit E, niacinamide) & prunes
    -orange
    -plum, a few medjool dates, butternut squash puree w/ some chicken that I cooked earlier this week (thank goodness, I had nothing else to grab for lunch)
    -bit of coffee w/ splash of half & half and two sugars
    -

BM - Yesterday, only type 2 after work. Today, type 3 after lunch.

Since the temperatures we are experiencing right around now are comparable to what I think we'll have on our honeymoon to London in March, I'm thinking about outerwear. Minimal layers would be best for packing purposes, so I'll need a fairly warm coat. Maybe I can finally get that faux-fur coat I've always wanted. If I can find the right one.

http://www.shopplasticland.com/fashion/p/P31003600.html

Mmmm like this one. I think I'd prefer single-breasted though.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Nice! I love leopard. If you want you can also get a vintage fur one (to me it seems still animal friendly... Even my vegan animal activist friends agree lol) for about that much money on eBay/etsy. Lasts longer too.

Also the faux ones on those sites are much cheaper while being much better made...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel