Page 541 of 779 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591641 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 541

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I spent waaaay too long chatting with my friend after the interview. I think I could easily spend an entire day just chatting with him (though he'd probably talk more than me, but that is how it goes with an introvert like me). I hope we can spend some time chilling soon, though he is coming to our party this weekend.

I have to take Hulky to the doctor tomorrow for another note. I guess he is getting the long recovery that the doctor warned us about. She said it would either be a few more days of suffering or a week or 2. It's been about 2 weeks now. He's feeling better every day, but still too sick to go to class. He had to go in to Boston today for his advising meeting (class registration is next week or the week after) and it nearly wiped him out.

We both wish he would stop getting sick so much. I think he doesn't eat nearly enough and he eats too much wheat-junk when he does eat. At least I'm getting him to drink some OJ, so there's some calories there even if he doesn't have adequate meals when I'm not home.

I guess the party will be a bit low-key this weekend.

Other - I'm too out of shape to cycle to work now. I wish I could just struggle through it so Hulky could drive himself tomorrow, but I don't trust myself esp. since I'm not feeling top notch and Hulky is too sick to drive.

Period (TMI) - I had heavy spotting on Friday, when I was slated to get my period, but the flow picked up yesterday to the point that I think it really "started" then. My cramps seem to get worse in the evening, so I think I'll take some mag citrate straight after work for now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It depends on what you're taking the niacinamide for. If you're taking it for cholesterol, the best dose is 2 g/ day, spread into 1g in the morning and 1 g in the evening.
    I hope everything works out well with your buddy!
    I figure it couldn't hurt for cholesterol, since mine has been high for the past several years. Plus reducing inflammation in general since I am paranoid about arthritis =P.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey I'm back - just wanted to say hi! The honeymoon plans sound awesome! Lots of choices to make!
    I think we need to start a list of places we definitely want to see (Tower of London, Eye of London) and things we want to do (a trip to Cardiff for the Doctor Who Experience) so we can start figuring out how we'll get around . Flight prices are staying steady, so we're going to wait for the next dip and then buy our tickets!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    It definitely sounds like you'll have a better range of options for travels on your honeymoon than we had. We went to a lake with all intentions of fishing the week away... but it was COLD and windy and the water was low, so there wasn't much fishing to be had. We spent our days in Branson. Branson is kind of like Vegas in regard to the types of shows you can see, but the shows are not our thing... they're known for being geared toward an older generation (i.e. our parents/grandparents), but there were other things we could do. We went to a zoo and an aquarium one day, another day we played mini golf and rode go karts. Another day we went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum... just not what we would have preferred to do - fishing, relaxing, being outdoors. We plan to try again another day.

I'm excited to see what you pick to do and am inspired to consider a trip to Europe as well. Seeing castles and all that would be just awesome.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sure does seem like Hulky gets sick a lot! He needs to eat better and take vitamins maybe? Hope he gets over this quickly - poor guy
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Sure does seem like Hulky gets sick a lot! He needs to eat better and take vitamins maybe? Hope he gets over this quickly - poor guy
    Yeah, he's been sick a lot this year. The more stressed he is, the more likely it is that he gets sick. This most recent bug was contracted around the time that he started to really hate his classes. If he detailed his diet to a doctor, they'd probably berate him for not eating enough and not eating well enough (and then give him the "whole grains" shpeal).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My husband is exactly the same way, except for under-eating issues! hang in there, things will look up!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lunch yesterday was actually a pretty good size. I was very hungry by the time I got home from work, but not to the point of disorientation or anxiety. Heh, and yes, I know dinner was not great, but I was tired of cooking. Baking bacon is so convenient.

I should note that I don't always document all my supplements in my food log. Today's entry will reflect all supplements and I think I'll continue listing everything out. It's important for me to make note so I can track the efficacy of supplements & diet on my gut function.

Food today
    -Pint of OJ with 2 T collagen hydrosylate and slippery elm powder (plus iodine, Vit D/K, Allegra, Biotin, and Nyacinamide), 3 sausage links, peppermint tea, 3 prunes
    -~8 oz full-fat cottage cheese w/ maybe 1 T honey, plum, apple, and a bunch of medjool dates. Feeling constipated & not very hungry.
    -carrot
    -2 sizable burger patties w/ cheese

I am home this morning until Hulky & I leave for his doctor's appointment. It's nice to have a slow morning. I am at my work laptop at the dining room table, wearing my footed PJ's. I have time to brush my teeth, maybe put on a little make-up. I used the neti pot this morning with tea tree oil. The sore throat is still present, it was worse last night again, but not as bad right now.

I need to get some red shoes or cheap shoes to spray paint red for my Halloween costume! I guess I won't need shoes for the party on Saturday (we usually have people take them off in the house), but I want to have the whole outfit ready. Crap, I have some sewing to do for the t-shirt and still need white sticker sheets for the stars.

Friday night, I will be making jello shots. I'm going to get lime Jello packets and put gummy worms in them for the sober shots and probably make my own shots with gelatin, orange juice, and vodka for the drunk shots. I hope I can make them so that they can be firm enough to pick up/hold form, but I think I need to see if my mom has a muffin tin I can borrow since we only have one. Otherwise, I guess I'll be looking for some small plastic cups that I can coat with oil & then slide the jello out of once formed.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Still waiting at the doctor's with Hulky. Appointment was supposed to be an hour ago. Guess I won't be at work for long today!

Sent by carrier pigeon.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    For the jello molds: just use halved orange and Lemon peels (if it is a small party). Freeze orange slices for morning smoothies (frozen orange, cranberry juice, ginger optional, gelatin)

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/ra...b-1d29fda0c9fa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Sent by carrier pigeon.
    ^^Love this.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)