Page 540 of 748 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590640 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 7477

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 540

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Have you told the insurance company you're married yet? Usually that will reduce your rates as well... the increase is probably a yearly rate increase and nothing you have done wrong, but then again, could be related to the accident with the Civic. You should call the insurance provider and ask why your rates went up. Ours went up recently and I learned it was a combination of my last three speeding tickets (I had a string of bad luck - I speed all the time, but there was a year long stretch where I got 3 tickets b/c I wasn't using my cruise control and sped just a bit too much and didn't see the cops before they saw me. lol) and yearly rate increase. Supposedly you can avoid this yearly rate increase by shopping for insurance every year, but who's got time for that?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It could be from the reported "accident" through Hulky's insurance. I backed into a car (they never found out...they were illegally parked blocking our driveway & I didn't look/expect it there) & our bumper got a bit dislodged & scratched up. I'll probably call & ask about it. The only other incidents on our records are a speeding ticket of Hulky's from 2008 (0 points) and my accident 2 years ago (4 points).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Leida's thread in O&E got me all excited about the honeymoon. We got a suggestion to check out Cardiff for a day trip and we could go to the Doctor Who Experience . We could even splurge and spend a day in Paris, but that would mean 6 hours on the train just to get there and back, if we didn't spend the night at a hostel in Paris. I'm not sure what other places might be worth a day trip, but I guess that depends on what we want to do/see. Good food is definitely a priority, IMO. Cool museums would be acceptable (anything that's not just art). I've considered looking for Harry Potter stuff, but the Warner Bros studio is pretty pricey and I think we'd get bored on a walking tour.

YB told me to check out East London or Camden for accommodations. My dad says those are the more "trendy" or "hip" areas. There are just too many options! I found this really cool looking hostel, where we could get a private room for a pretty good price. No airport shuttle though.

Hulky is an expert at packing. I think most Army/military folks are, or tend to be. I am going to have to make sure he leaves enough room so I can bring souvenirs home. He thinks it's weird when people buy clothes on vacation, for some reason. I am going to have to pace him with some of the markets & thrift stores because he will get bored but I could spend all day at those kinds of places.

TMI - Dammit, unless my period schedule shifts a bit, I'm going to have my period over our honeymoon! That is going to be a hassle unless I can get the menstrual cup down pat by then. It's causing terrible cramping since I got the IUD. I'm hoping that time will resolve that.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heya, I considered a ferry ride to France - it doesn't have to be Paris to be special... with just 2 adults, hiking in England is AWSOME. When it was just my husband and I, we went to Ross-on-Wye, and we did day hikes using the buses around the Welsh border. I really wish we could do that in North Wales with all the castles there or in Cornwall. While we had a wonderful hike from Stonehenge to Avebury, I did not like Bath area (just too devoid of vegetation). Lake country and Cotswolds sounds like great hiking destinations as well. DK Eywitnness Guides are my favorite guidebooks, though I normally get Rick Steves, Formmer and Fodor's as well from the library and travel on paper while prepping a trip to find places that speak to me.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Heya, I considered a ferry ride to France - it doesn't have to be Paris to be special... with just 2 adults, hiking in England is AWSOME. When it was just my husband and I, we went to Ross-on-Wye, and we did day hikes using the buses around the Welsh border. I really wish we could do that in North Wales with all the castles there or in Cornwall. While we had a wonderful hike from Stonehenge to Avebury, I did not like Bath area (just too devoid of vegetation). Lake country and Cotswolds sounds like great hiking destinations as well. DK Eywitnness Guides are my favorite guidebooks, though I normally get Rick Steves, Formmer and Fodor's as well from the library and travel on paper while prepping a trip to find places that speak to me.
    Thanks for the info! I hadn't really considered hiking, to be honest, as we've mostly done urban exploration on previous vacations. I do think we would enjoy it, but I'm worried we won't be fit enough in March! I'll have to come up with a way to remain active over the winter.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    If you an walk in the city for a few hours, you can do that in English country-side. The beauty is the public trails that run everywhere and the curious local buses, that are usually super cheap and can give you a lift. I remember a one pound ride we got to a mountain top where there was a castle-turned hostel (iirc in the Forest of Dean), then we hiked down (passing Marching Matrons on their way up) and on the level plane to... either Tinterton or Puzzle Forest... and then caught a bus back for like 2 pounds. My husband is overweight and rarely hikes, and we had no problems (apart from getting lost between Avebury circle and remnants of the wooden circle... heh). Urban is cool too, though I am not a big fan of London.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Trader Joe's pumpkin ice cream is soooo good.

Today's food
    -Orange/mango smoothie (l-glutamine, 3T collagen hydrosylate, 1/2 an orange, some frozen mango chunks, goat milk
    -Plum (not a nice dark one, hope this one is good), 1/2 orange, 1/2 a container of full-fat cottage cheese
    -Carrot when I got home
    -Dinner was basically 1/2 a package of bacon. Plus a hot milk drink w/ 2 T pumpkin puree, 1 T maple syrup, some pumpkin spice, 2 T collagen hydrosylate, and slippery elm powder.

BM - type 5 before bed last night, type 4/5 late morning. Type 4 late afternoon. Type 4 in the evening, I think?

Sick?
    -I still feel like I'm getting sick. I have a sore throat that's getting worse, it started sometime yesterday. I'm going to use the neti pot with tea tree oil tonight and hope that I can kill this off . Right now, it feels like I'm coming down with another cold.

Sleep
    -I keep forgetting to take Theanine Serene earlier so I've been taking just one capsule around 8 PM or 8:30, whenever I remember. I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately, even when I don't take the supplement. Maybe I will just stop it altogether for now.

Groceries
    -We did a huge shopping trip last night. I think we have a good amount of meat...maybe enough to last through the end of the month if I stick with fruity stuff for lunches? I had a struggle not to panic about the money spent.
    -I got some 4% milkfat Friendship cottage cheese to have for lunch today. I'm going to have some honey & fruit with it and will monitor for bloating or any digestive disturbances.
    -I will need to do more grocery shopping for the party. I'm going to make alcoholic and non-alcoholic gelatin things. We bought some gummy worms to put in some of them, but I need to decide if I'm just going to buy Jell-o packs or make my own gelatin snack from juice & sugar. I'll have to see if my mom has food coloring.

Supplements
    -I started Niacinamide this morning. 500 mg to start with. I may try a few doses spread throughout the day. Not sure if I'm looking for any particular response, or if I'll just work my way up to a dose and stay there. I'll have to do some research for a good dose.

Doctors
    -I have that gut massage appointment in a week and I am worried now about how much it's going to cost. But if it helps...
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-24-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Aaahhh my friend is here (I drove him in this morning) and interviewing right now. I'm so nervous for him haha! I hope it wasn't bad that I was sitting & chatting with him when the office director came in for the interview (just keeping him company for a few minutes). I was just telling my friend what the office is like and about how we've been expanding etc., so at least it was topical.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It depends on what you're taking the niacinamide for. If you're taking it for cholesterol, the best dose is 2 g/ day, spread into 1g in the morning and 1 g in the evening.
    I hope everything works out well with your buddy!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey I'm back - just wanted to say hi! The honeymoon plans sound awesome! Lots of choices to make!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140