Page 539 of 751 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 7503

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 539

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Sleep - I slept like shite last night. I was plagued by horrific cramps and then developed a migraine! First time I've gotten one while trying to sleep. It was still present in the morning. I finished off the acetaminophen and took Ibuprofen with breakfast. I will probably take more with lunch.

Food (today)
    -Hot milk drink w/ slippery elm powder, collagen hydrosylate, maple syrup, molasses, and an egg; 3 prunes
    -apple, orange, chicken soup
    -butternut squash w/ balsamic chicken & OJ w/ collagen hydrosylate
    -hot milk drink (no egg)

BM - type 2 after dinner.

My post nasal drip is still fairly bad. I need to get back into my neti pot routine. Maybe it's still the remnant of the cold or maybe the goat milk is not as awesome as I'd hoped. I'm not finding a lot of info in the Peat world about congestion & dairy, and whether that is something that can be resolved or not. I still really want to try raw milk. One of these days (weekends), I'll drive over to the closest farm that sells it, sign the release form, and try the damn stuff!

I got some OJ over the weekend. I still need to do a larger grocery trip for the week. Meat and fruit. I am not sure if I want to get a chicken for another batch of soup or not. I don't have any other easy ideas for lunches. I guess I could look into the canned fish stuff paired with fruit.

I made an AMAZING (but terribly bloating) smoothie last night. I blended goat milk, 3 TB collagen hydrosylate, an egg, an orange (broken down into slices sans peel), frozen mango chunks, and a splash of maple syrup. I made way too much (a pint glass filled to the brim and a small glass) and it was super filling. My stomach was sooo bloated after that. I'm definitely making something like that again, but for a meal and not a snack! I was inspired by turqouisepassion's mango custard-y thing.

Hulky does not have to return to class until Thursday, which is fortunate since he is still very sick. He is perking up for longer amounts of time during the day, eating a bit, actually has an appetite occasionally, but inevitably crashes. He was in bed around 8:30 last night. I hope he is perked up enough to enjoy our party on Saturday. I had another energy crash yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing this is related to my period and that I'm not getting sick.

I need to stop under-eating on weekends!

I did a small sewing project last night while feeling lonely after Hulky went to bed. I sewed a couple of snaps on a shirt that opens up a bit more than I'm comfortable with. I tried to stitch some elastic on the shoes I bought for my Halloween costume, but it isn't working out like I'd hoped. I think my mom has some red pointy-toed flats that I can borrow.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I am so envious that you live anywhere within driving distance of raw milk. I've never tried it, but I love all things dairy (except drinking it straight ironically...). Oh the cheese I ate on leave back home. So. Much. Drools.

(Hoping the high fruit goes well for you. I used to be a slave to my blood sugar, like eat every two hours or I'm ripping heads, but keeping fruits around makes me feel good in a way that strict paleo never did.)

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    (Hoping the high fruit goes well for you. I used to be a slave to my blood sugar, like eat every two hours or I'm ripping heads, but keeping fruits around makes me feel good in a way that strict paleo never did.)
    I didn't realize until sometime after going primal that I had been hypoglycemic before (not confirmed via blood test, just based on symptoms). High protein breakfast made the biggest difference to me. I'm learning now with the increased fruit that there is some kind of magic combo that I have to stick to in order to avoid having this rear up, but I think I can make it work. Protein + fruit seems to work fine. I tend to under-eat anyway which leaves me with a similar ravenous & shaky feeling, so that is something to work on as well. I'm not really in danger of gaining too much weight, so I have plenty of wiggle room there.

Today's breakfast was not adequate for the stress-load I'm under. I mean, I know it was inadequate in general, but there's a mess at work and I am not dealing well. I just wolfed down my apple & orange and I have soup, but that won't be enough.

I can't leave my desk for long as we're having major network issues and I am the middle man, but there is nothing else I can do to help. I am annoyed that no one is communicating with me on the progress and I hate not knowing what is going on.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you're having such a rough day. I hope things get better for you soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sorry you're having such a rough day. I hope things get better for you soon.
    Agreed. Stuck in the middle with no information is the worst. You get it from both ends. Best of luck surviving T!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks for the love. Very much appreciated.

That network bullshit just took up most of my day (slight plus that I'm out of here in about an hour?). I'm determined to get certified in goddamn everything so I don't have to feel clueless. I hate being the person that people go to for help and not being able to DO anything. I was speaking directly with these people and STILL not getting questions answered. I think I'm going to craft a complaint to my boss, just need some distance from today so I can think clearly about it.

In the midst of this, something positive: my friend from my last job is having an interview here on Wednesday. He's riding in to work with me . I gotta have my shit together Wednesday AM so we can get out of the door on time!

I am feeling whoozy and sick-ish again. I wish I could know if this is period-related or something I'm fighting off. I just feel kind of light-headed and bone tired.

Another silver lining is that the niacinamide & Vit D/K I ordered should arrive tomorrow. I like getting new supplements .

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to let you know I called the VA today to inquire about VA benefit payments. The recording said that October payments will go out as scheduled and will be received by beneficiaries on 1 November. Thought I'd at least ease your stress a bit in that regard.

If you wish to hear this message yourself, you may do so by dialing 800-827-1000. It's like the first thing they say after "Thank you for calling the VA".

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn, that is great news! I am still going to worry a little until the money comes through though . I don't think I'll ever lose all of my worrying tendencies. I know a lot of it stems from the anxiety so it's not always that bad.

I had a giant mopefest last night. I got home & squirted some tears on Hulky & he snuggled me and let me whine for a bit. I took on some small tasks and got my head on straight. Thank goodness I had some food leftover from last night (since Hulky is still not eating much & kind of fending for himself) so I didn't go down the street for the $5 large cheese pizza. I washed a bunch of dishes, cooked up the last of the meat to be eaten today, made a plan for grocery shopping, and made a trip out to CVS for some Halloween candy & acetaminophen. I also had time to veg and finish season 1 of Arrow. That show has some excellent eye candy for those attracted to the male physique.

Hulky and I talked about the Mustang. I guess we are keeping it, since we may need the second car next year when Hulky is working. His dad is going to get the radiator squared away for us, he just hasn't had time lately. My monthly insurance payment is going up by $5/mo for some reason. I have no idea why the premium would be increasing. Hulky is 25 now and that's the big price drop age for male drivers. His insurance went down by quite a bit this summer. I hope that within a couple of years, we would have the spare money to buy a used car (cash in hand) that doesn't need nearly as much work & get rid of the Mustang. The interior is a mess (it's missing a lot of the headliner), it needs new window seals almost everywhere, and it needs a new door popping system (it doesn't have door handles and we would need new doors in order to have handles). I just don't want to work on it!

Food (today)
    -~1 pint of OJ w/ collagen hydrosylate, 3 prunes, 3 sausage links (this was fairly filling through till lunch at noon)
    -last of the chicken soup (time to find something else for lunches), apple, some butternut squash puree
    -raw carrot
    -pumpkin pie soda http://maineroot.com/sodas/pumpkin-pie-soda/
    -butternut squash puree, 2 small burger patties
    -bowl of Trader Joe's pumpkin ice cream

BM - Type 1 this morning, after eating. Type 3 mid-morning.

Another poster said in someone's journal than on low-carb they had even moods, but higher carb, they have more passionate moods (my interpretation of their words). Unrelated to the mopefest, I do see this as true for myself. It's not that I feel more sad when I'm sad, but I do feel more happy when I'm happy. It's a deeper feeling. And I do think it has made a difference for my libido, when stress doesn't get in the way of that.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-23-2013 at 05:56 AM.