Page 538 of 740 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588638 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 7393

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 538

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I think the more pointy frames are appealing to me because I used to love cat eye glasses, but they don't suit my face at all. We shall see. I tried on some frames at the store when Hulky was getting his glasses fixed last weekend. He didn't like any of the ones I liked . While he doesn't HAVE to like them, I like being attractive for both him and myself. Perhaps I will go browse with a friend sometime and bring back pictures for him.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Goood moorrrrrning

zzzz

Sleep - Got to bed a little late. Cramps were bugging me. I think I'm done taking Theanine Serene for now. I had a hell of a time dragging myself out of bed this morning. I didn't get up until after 7! I took some Eleuthero root and it perked me up enough to stop dropping everything & running into open cabinet doors. Wish I'd brought more to take with lunch.

Food & BM report is updated in yesterday's main journal post.

Food for today - to be updated as the day progresses
    -Breakfast in a mug (heated up milk w/ maple syrup, collagen hydrosylate, slipper elm, and molasses; mixed up two eggs & poured slowly while milk was stirring in blender's lowest speed) - it was a spin on Mark's Primal Egg Coffee, very very tasty, but definitely needed more molasses or some cocoa powder
    -Apple (co-worker brought some from a local orchard)
    -Chicken soup, orange, plum, 3 medjool dates for lunch (I feel full! I read some Ray Peat thing that recommended eating fruit with protein to avoid hypoglycemia)
    -Carrot after work
    -Steak & veggie dinner from local place, lots of o-6. I ate very slowly for some reason.

BM - Type 2 before dinner, type 5 twice before bed.

Supplements - I'm going to increase my dose of Biotin to two capsules a day, which will be 10 grams. I've been taking it for at least two weeks now and haven't had any issues with my skin or anything else, so it should be safe to increase. I want my hair to grow faster! There is a chance it will just make my hair thicker... but that's acceptable too .

Hulky is feeling better. I don't think he woke up last night after taking Nyquil & getting to bed. The only thing he's had to eat all week: a pizza (2 slices over 2 days, and then 6 yesterday that he forced himself to eat), two cider donuts...I think there was something else? I am pretty sure he lost some weight. He weighed himself at the hospital, but I don't know how much he weighed before. He's close to his normal weight, and the increase can probably be attributed to pizza. I hope he's feeling well enough to prep something for himself today because we have no leftovers in the fridge. So far, no phone call, so I don't think he has the flu. We actually got to chat yesterday, which was nice after a pretty quiet & introverted week.

If Hulky feels well enough tomorrow, we may be going to the last Revolution game of the season (New England's soccer team) w/ Coach.

Even though I'm tired, my brain feels a bit perkier today. I hope it doesn't go down the pooper like it did yesterday.

TGIF, fo sho.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    When do you take your dose of Theanine Serene? I take mine no later than 7pm. I used to take mag., TS, 5htp and my meds right before bed, but I realized that something in there was messing with my sleep cycle. I now finish taking all supps etc. about 3 hrs before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    When do you take your dose of Theanine Serene? I take mine no later than 7pm. I used to take mag., TS, 5htp and my meds right before bed, but I realized that something in there was messing with my sleep cycle. I now finish taking all supps etc. about 3 hrs before bed.
    I was taking it right before bed or about 30 min before. I didn't think of taking it earlier!

I have either the world's worst cramps or some really terrible gas pain. To the point this I feel pretty nauseous.

I am really hoping this acetaminophen works so I can go out to lunch with my friend.

I am feeling hella run down. I'm worried this is going to turn into the viral infection Hulky is finally getting over. October has been an awful month for our health!

At least my gut is semi-nice these days. I do think the fruit is helping.

Speaking of which, I need more.

TMI: I've been having some issues with pain during sex since I got the IUD. I can tell some of it is from my cervix being lower and I'm sure that will adjust over time. Some of it is pain in my hips or a "deep" pain unrelated to the cervix, but kind of like very sharp cramps. I'm looking into hip stretches and hoping that will help, as Hulky did some searching & found that some women have this problem when they start doing more squats or something.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    My mom just gave me a bottle of colloidal silver over leave after I mentioned I thought I had a bacterial imbalance. She said it is supposed to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi, though I haven't really been able to find any unbiased (non-doc oz) information as to that. I have actually had some success with my IBS lately though. I can't say for certain it's the silver, as I have been supplementing a couple things (mag, C, D, a couple holistic antibacterials, and low starch other than the occasional very well cooked bowl of rice porridge, a traditional Korean sick food). Might be worth a try, if you haven't already.

I have tried every other anti-fungal and anti-bacterial thing under the sun, as far as I know. I don't feel like that's the right path anymore, since it only ever helps temporarily.

I slept in very late this morning and felt fine upon waking. As the day went on, I started to feel run down again. I hope I am conquering whatever illness is trying to creep up on me. I am trying to think positively as I do believe that is what has helped me from getting sick very often this year. I just don't believe that I get sick easily!

Hulky and I are doing our best not to kiss while he recovers. It's very difficult!

Today is a cleaning day. I'm working on the easiest yet most effective way to get the shower scum off the shower liners. Using a sponge mop with hot tap water & vinegar on the curtain laid out on the back porch didn't do much. I don't think they'll survive more than one trip through the washing machine. I'll look into getting some of those cloth-like vinyl curtains. I'd like to keep at least one clear one for the front of the tub, so we can see the door while showering. Hulky and I are both paranoid about that.

I bought the frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe's and some prunes today. Eating 3 prunes is going to be part of my morning "supplements". I have some more grocery shopping to do, but may wait until after dinner. I got more of Pamela's gluten-free baking mix because I was craving pancakes. So tasty. Hulky added nutmeg and cinnamon. I also treated us to a pack of some pumpkin pie soda (locally made, good ingredients as far as soda goes). Pretty tasty, but definitely not a fair substitute to pumpkin ale.

BM - mid-afternoon, after the prunes. Type 2.

I just bought 7 pairs of underwear for $0.48. I used a $25 gift card code, which I had redeemed from taking surveys online for over a year through a website. I sure hope the squats & lunges I'm doing don't knock me out of the Medium size range.