Page 537 of 798 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587637 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 537

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Brad and I only kiss each other on the cheek when one is sick. We have the same rule with our kids.

I hope Hulky is feeling better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Brad and I only kiss each other on the cheek when one is sick. We have the same rule with our kids.

I hope Hulky is feeling better soon.
    I do this or kiss the tops of heads.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Here's hoping Hulky gets better soon and it's nothing horribly serious!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I spoke to the nurse when I got home, the same one that he spoke to earlier. She said it's a viral infection or the flu, but no need for him to go anywhere unless his breathing gets labored (difficulty speaking, for example) or his fever reaches 102°F and stays there. He perked up after the chloraseptic spray alleviated the sore throat and took some Dayquil for Severe Cold & Flu. I bought Nyquil too, so he can hopefully get some rest tonight.

If only I'd remembered my coupons when I went to the pharmacy!

All irritation went out the window when I came home to find him trying to sleep on the living room floor under a comforter .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I will take Hulky to the walk-in clinic tonight, traffic be damned, so he can get a doctor's note for his classes. If we're lucky, his doctor will call him today and issue a note w/o an appointment. It's too much of a hassle to go back & forth to get him to the office for an appointment today, even if his doc had any openings. It's maddening that even if we had another working car, he would not be able to drive himself with the way he is feeling. I am just frustrated about everything and really wish he would stop getting sick.

Speaking of which, remember that Mustang we have? Yeah, no work has been done on it in ages. It still needs the radiator hoses set up and something else was wrong with it, IIRC. I didn't realize it was going to need as much work as it did. It would save me $50/mo to not pay the insurance anymore. I won't be renewing the policy when it runs out next month. I don't know if we're going to give it back to Hulky's dad or what. When we really needed that car last winter, Hulky broke his foot and we couldn't do anything with it. It has just been a pile of bad luck.

My friend who has returned to Boston is looking for work. I really hope he can find something soon. He is going to apply for a spot at my office and I am going to put in a good word for him. Fingers crossed!

Awww. Hulky just called me and said, "I realized that we haven't really talked much over the past few days since I've been so sick. So I just want to call and talk to you." He wasn't much for talking so I babbled about what I've found found for flights for our honeymoon and about my friend. If we used Priceline's Name Your Own Price feature, we can save a lot of money on the flights, but we don't get to pick the departure times or have any say in the layovers. It's a risk. We don't really need to save that money, but that would be more that we could spend on lodging or fun stuff .

And yay, the gov't is open for business again! At least, for now. It's too soon to see how/if this will affect the veteran benefits for next month, I think.

Food (yest) - The problem with not jotting this down throughout the day is that I forget.
    -Hot milk drink w/ natural sweetener & supplements, small glass of apple cider
    -chicken soup & chicken sausages (took betaine HCL w/ pepsin beforehand, don't know if it reduced heartburn or not after but I still had heartburn)
    -plum?
    -carrot after work
    -chicken & broc w/ some butternut squash, apple cider w/ l-glutamine & collagen hydrosylate
    -hot milk drink (with slippery elm & collagen hydrosylate), a few medjool dates, an orange

I had heartburn for most of the evening and gas at some point starting around dinnertime. I think broccoli might be too much for my gut right now. My gut felt bloated last night and still feels bad this morning.

Sleep - I woke up every time Hulky did, to take more Nyquil and use the throat spray. His symptoms are not any better, but not any worse today. I am tired today.

BM - type 5 sometime last night, I forget when.

In other news, I want new glasses frames. I'm looking around on coastal.com and have uploaded a pic to virtually try some on. They are pretty cheap, even if I add on the special lens coatings.

Today's food (to be updated as the day goes on)
    -Apple cider & hot milk drink w/ supplements (I was suddenly very hungry this morning, but showered this AM so no time for real food)
    -plum
    -lunch will be chicken soup
    -3 dates & an orange
    -raw carrot after work
    -small glass of milk (w/ slippery elm, maple syrup, collagen hydrosylate & l-glutamine) w/ dinner (3 eggs in coconut oil, 3 sausages)
    -small handful of chocolate & seasalt covered almonds - these things are DANGEROUSLY good, but I showed good restraint and put them away.

BM - type 5 before bed. Thank goodness, my gut finally feels better.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-17-2013 at 08:04 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope Hulky's feeling better soon. It's really too bad he won't adopt Paleo/Primal. I can't remember the last time I was "lay around all day curled up in blankets, unable to work, unable to go anywhere" sick. Poor guy. Being sick sucks ass.

I hope VA benefits won't be impacted since we're still only mid-month. If they could get dispersed as usual, life could get back to normal sooner. I still have a 32 hour paycut on the paycheck I received today, but if I could get my VA benefits on time, I could make my mortgage payment on time and life would be grand. I know you guys are in the same boat with rent. Fingers crossed that it's not too late to process those payments.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My period arrived today. I had some cramping last night, but it was a day early so I didn't think anything of it. Some cramps now, but not bad, just more than usual. Fingers crossed that this goes well, it's my first cycle with the Paragard.

I am a ball of stress. I feel like I have not been able to relax since August, since before Hulky left for his 3-week class and I packed up and moved our apartment. There have been good days, there have been great days, but I feel like I'm missing a rhythm. My sleep has not been consistent for a while for any real period of time. Not since August, I think. I feel perpetually worried about something. Money, Hulky's job prospects, his classes, the cat, our apartment, the car, everything.

I am still pretty anxious today. I'm going to drink some chamomile tea now and hope the rest of the day goes quickly/smoothly.

The only thing I feel like I have going for myself right now is that I am not missing work on account of the stress, though I did miss work due to illness (and I guess stress) just a couple of weeks ago.

Grocery list: I think we have enough to get through till the weekend. Meat for next week (at least 10 lbs would be good), juice, fruit, anything that Hulky wants. Over the weekend, I will get OJ at Shaw's, as they are having a buy one get one free deal on Tropicana .

I'm getting drawn to these "hipster" type glasses frames. I only think they'd work for my face with my hair super short.

and

Too ridiculous?

Current spectacles:

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kind of like the opaque ones, they let your features be the focus. Does that make sense? From your pic, the current ones look cute too.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.