Page 534 of 794 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 7935

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 534

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Our kids only get "free" until they are A). done with school or B). get married. Which ever comes first. That goes for cell phones and car insurances. We are still paying for one daughters phone, and the other daughters car insurance. Their mom pays the counterparts. We know the cell phone daughter will be done with school in June - so she'll be paying for the phone or getting her own plan at that time. The car insurance daughter still has 3 years of school left - but will likely be getting married before she graduates so the $150/month we shell out will go away then also. It pretty much sucks to be paying for your kids when they are adults and have jobs are not living in your house anymore.
    Your kids, as well as mine, are lucky.

I started paying my way at the age of seven, picking strawberries and beans. Those funds bought my clothes and school fees.

By thirteen I was a live-in babysitter for the summer. That job lead to another babysitting job that meant working 6-7 nights a week for a single mom bartender. I worked from 3pm to 2+ am and went to school at 7:30. I usually worked from 3pm on Friday until 2 am Sundays with a short break. I did this until I was 15.

At 15, I became a tax season and summer employee for the OR Dept. of Revenue. I did this until I graduated college and got a teaching job at 22.

All this time, I paid for everything except a roof over my head and food. I also paid for all of my college education. And, when I came home to work, during the summer, I had to pay rent.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Isn't o-3 a PUFA?

I get cramps when I eat meat & fruit too close together. Also medjool dates (too many of them) cause me pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I wish my parents had pushed me more towards independence. Jobs for high schoolers were pretty rare in my area, but my town is very middle (and middle-upper) class. It didn't even occur to me to get a job until I was in college. Then I lucked out, as I got a work study job on campus and ended up in the highest paying student job by graduation . I am very proud of that fact! I don't feel so impressive now.

Pardon super-close photo & perpetually messy hair. I put on a little eye-liner today. I feel like experimenting with make-up. I rubbed my eyes once already, but seems to be no damage.

Food (yest)
    -eggs in coconut oil, apple cider, tea w/ supplements in AM (l-glutamine, collagen hydrosylate, slippery elm, mashmallow root, Iodine, Vit D, Allegra, Biotin)
    -chicken soup, orange, medjool dates for lunch
    -raw carrot & plum after work
    -apple cider (w/ l-glutamine & collagen hydrosylate), chicken sausages, butternut squash w/ coconut oil & cinnamon for dinner

BM - Type 5/6 twice yesterday between dinner & bedtime.

Heartburn - after lunch & returned again in the evening. I have more this morning & left the DGL tablets at home .

Hulky and I made a trip to the pharmacy last night and got him some of those throat-numbing lozenges after speaking with the pharmacist. I forgot about those throat-numbing things! Pro/con to not getting sick like this for YEARS. Hulky definitely got the super bug version of my cold. Funny, because it usually works the other way around (I get his).

Sleep - I took a GABA Calm and managed to fall asleep sometime after 11, once my brain winded down. I slept in the other bed so Hulky wouldn't be disturbed. I woke up around 3 AM and found him watching TV, and I switched to the other bed. I slept through till my alarm (but could feel myself waking up a bit before it went off) and Hulky hadn't come to bed until around 5. I straggled this morning and didn't have time to use the neti pot.

I am still kind of snotty from my cold, but it's a little better every day.

My never-ending grocery list: more meat, chicken (stopped by Whole Foods last night for pet food, they didn't have the air-chilled chickens that I like), bananas

I'm thinking of eliminating this chicken soup lunch altogether, but not sure what to replace it with. Maybe I should get in on this canned oyster business.

Brain - Over the past couple of days, I've been thinking about writing out more details of my overdose... There are specific moments & memories I have about that night & my time at the mental hospital day program that I don't think I've ever written down. Even if no one else ever sees it, I think I'd like to have those details recorded somewhere.

I'm trying to think of me-friendly snack foods for our Halloween party. Maybe shrimp cocktail!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-16-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Isn't o-3 a PUFA?

I get cramps when I eat meat & fruit too close together. Also medjool dates (too many of them) cause me pain.
    Yes, it is. I am torn between the paleo thoughts on o-3 and o-6 balance (being good) and the idea that ALL PUFAs are bad. I know that supplementing o-3 never did anything noticeable for me, at least.

So do you eat meat-centric and fruit-centric meals, as in, separate occasions? I'm confused about this whole food combining thing.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yes, it is. I am torn between the paleo thoughts on o-3 and o-6 balance (being good) and the idea that ALL PUFAs are bad. I know that supplementing o-3 never did anything noticeable for me, at least.

So do you eat meat-centric and fruit-centric meals, as in, separate occasions? I'm confused about this whole food combining thing.
    So PUFA is "all bad" but if you ate tons of o-6 you should cut down inflammation immediately with o-3.

Peat peeps just stop eating nuts, chicken, fatty fish, and pork. I have also cut out avocado, olive oil, etc. Basically I cut out all plant fats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Interesting. Sounds like an "emergency" stash of some canned fish thing that is high in omega-3 might be a good idea. Blargh, but eating only pastured eggs, lean fish (what fish would be lean anyway? shellfish?), and red meats is definitely too expensive.

canio6 Guest
    (what fish would be lean anyway? shellfish
    I think most white fish is considered lean - cod, flounder, tilapia (if you can find non-farmed polluted crap) and the like. Shellfish is expensive, though I think Derp eats canned oysters which may be more affordable.

I may try these canned oysters. Something about it immediately sounds awful, so I'm really hoping it is not.

canio6 Guest
    I may try these canned oysters. Something about it immediately sounds awful, so I'm really hoping it is not.
    Which is why I have not tried them either. The only fish I can get around here is from very questionable sources so canned might be a better option. There is just something about canned seafood that is a turnoff though.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    There is just something about canned seafood that is a turnoff though.
    Yeah, I don't know what it is! I've enjoyed tuna/albacore etc. in the past. Hell, my lunch for quite some time was a can of sardines in olive oil with some fruit! Actually, that was a really good lunch, I just got tired of sardines after a while. I can certainly get fresh fish around here, from good sources too, but at prices like $16.99/lb?!