Page 532 of 766 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 7654

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 532

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    maybe you should offer to pay until March and then move to your own plan. You and hulky could get a family plan.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Actually, looks like my portion of the family bill is around $60 now that my sister is off the plan. It's a much better deal to stay on hers than to start a family plan w/ Hulky (he isn't paying anything for his dad's plan), but I do want to get on our own. I don't want to lose my phone number, but we may have to look into cheaper options.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My sister does not appear to be vegan anymore! I don't have anymore details aside from her letting me know she is about to eat shrimp cocktail (a favorite of mine, haven't had it in ages though) and she broke being vegan with smoked salmon. I am just trying to be supportive so I said, "I hope it's as good as you want it to be!" and "Badass!"

Delicious drink I made this evening:

Unknown amount of goat milk (more than a cup, maybe less than 2?)
    1 TB collagen hydrosylate (aka. gelatin that doesn't gel)
    1 TB maple syrup
    1 TB blackstrap molasses
    1 TB cocoa powder
    1 tsp slippery elm powder
    A few grinds of pink Himalayan salt

I added everything once the milk was moderately warm, whisked it a bit, and let it heat up completely before pouring into my giant owl mug and sipping. So, so tasty. The cocoa was not overpowering, I could still taste the slippery elm, and it was surprisingly not overly sweet.

BM - within 30 min of the drink, type 4. I wonder what it was about the drink that caused it. I did not have mag citrate after dinner.

I thought about getting some fruit tonight, but picked up some chocolate instead.

Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! | We're Working Out!
    These guys give me hope that I can be a sexy badass of muscle (because I've got the first two parts down already) someday through bodyweight training alone. Hulky and his (our mutual) friends were into free-running & parkour in high school. I have a lot of video footage of them jumping on and over stuff. It's not something I have the guts to ever do (I can't even bring myself to practice stunt rolls), but it's very inspiring to me.

This is parkour: The World's Best Parkour and Freerunning 2012 - YouTube The idea is moving around your surroundings in ways that uses your whole body and with speed/precision. Parkour is the "art", free-running is the practice, but they're fairly interchangeable terms.

Movie fiends like me will notice that a lot of films now feature stunts with free-running. It's a terribly convenient action stunt. Hulky and I started watching the show Arrow on Netflix last night and the dude does a lot of parkour moves in it. It's very practical, for a superhero with no supernatural abilities, to be able to move around the space with the (highly trained) movements of his whole body.

For now, I'm just trying to be able to do a full wall-facing squat while keeping my toes on the floor. They drift upwards before I get very close to parallel. Slow progress!

In other news...

I had breakfast this morning, 3 eggs in coconut oil. Plus earl grey with marshmallow root, slippery elm, honey, and collagen hydrosylate. Not the best tea choice, it had an odd flavor. I am still hungry and bummed that I didn't grab the mashed butternut squash from the fridge. I probably won't have time to run to the grocery store during my lunch break as we have a bi-weekly meeting for my department today. Maybe I can stop over beforehand and get some fruit. I need to get more carrots, celery, and a chicken. And cat food.

Reading about cottage cheese on all the Peat threads really makes me want some, but I know it'll make my phlegm & congestion worse to eat any cow's milk products. I wonder if that response to dairy is something you can get over. I haven't been able to find any clear info on that.

Using a neti pot when sick with a cold or any illness in which lots of mucous is produced is VERY satisfying. The neti pot really helped the post nasal drip this morning, though of course, my overactive sinuses are bringing it all right back now. Fortunately, I have the makings for KE tea. Off to make some! I really want all the remnants of this cold to go away already! At least I feel fine otherwise.

Poor Hulky didn't sleep much last night and has an exam today. He emailed the prof to see if he can take the exam at a later time so he doesn't have to go out today. I bought him more Robitussin and will probably get him some more Egyptian Licorice tea since his sore throat is worse. I wonder if using the neti pot helped me get over the cold faster. I hope today is his worst day and that he starts feeling better soon. I'm not sure, but I think he doesn't have class on Wednesdays, or it's only one, so he should be able to rest up.

BM - mid-morning, type 4.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-15-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Nameless Wonders: Link love
    We decided on London for our honeymoon

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome! How long will you be there?

Not really a day trip, but maybe a two day trip - the Chunnel to Paris. Riding the Chunnel from London to Paris HD - YouTube

Not historical but definitely campy and touristy if you like that kind of thing: The London Dungeon - One of London's Must-See attractions

I'm so excited for you!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nameless Wonders: Link love
    We decided on London for our honeymoon
    Yay! You can meet Yogabare!!!

Re cell phone: When your Verizon contract ends, you might consider Virgin Mobile. I used to have Verizon and was paying like $85 per month. Now I have Virgin Mobile, and it's only $35 per month. It's not unlimited voice though (but neither was Verizon), but I don't talk on the phone that much so it's not a big deal for me. It's unlimited data and text, which is really all I need.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    About Hulky and federal government jobs--as an Army vet, he'll have hiring preference. And if he has any kind of disability rating, he'll have more educational opportunities and a higher priority for hiring.
    This is true to an extent... he'll have preference over someone with the exact same qualifications as him. If he were up against someone with a 4 year degree in criminology who also applied for the FBI, the criminology guy would probably get it simply b/c his education is more preferred. However, if he's up against someone else with a biology degree and there's no one else who trumps them, Hulky would be preferred due to veteran's status... BUT he has to have a letter from the VA that says he has veteran's preference. He has to call the VA and ask for this b/c they don't pass them out to everyone with any level of disability... you have to specifically ask for it. It's called a VRA letter.

Additionally, if he's only got 10% disability, someone with 20% will trump him. Same if someone with 30% or higher comes along. I have 30% or higher, so my veteran's preference is at the max, but I get trumped by people with experience and more suitable education all the time. The VRA only helps when comparing oranges to oranges.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    London would be awesome to visit!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome