Page 53 of 776 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 53

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    It's definitely a possibility. I thought I was eating enough carbs to keep out of ketosis, but didn't realize how low-carb veggies are! Maybe I'll try two sweet potatos a day (one at lunch, one at dinner) to jump me up for a while. I don't need to loose weight, so it shouldn't slow things down in that respect. I might go back to tracking on fitday for sometime to ensure I'm getting over 50g of carbs. My fruit (clementine) and cookie indulgences will keep my crabs up, but I don't want to rely on those.

Thanks for de-lurking
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The attachments will probably take a while to approve, but those are my blood test results from today. I thought it might be a good idea to have the data consolidated (even though I can always access it online) by posting it here. Dr. said no sign of infection. Friggin' allergies. I'm finding out now if I should not bother picking up the antibiotics then. It'll save me a few bucks at least. No reason to mess up my gut flora for no reason, right?

So ketosis for the breath and perpetual allergies from weird weather this fall (a nurse I saw today said she still has her allergies that usually stop with the end of summer too). I am going to have to learn how to use the neti-pot, since conventional allergy-relief pills don't work on me & I'd rather not rely on them. It's that damn post nasal drip that gets me the most grief! I will probably get the inhaler and at least try it though. My flexible spending account doesn't have much $ left on it, so I'm not sure if I can put the prescriptions on it or not... $67.23 left O.O At least the year is almost over! I allocated less for next year since I won't have as many prescriptions to cover and am anticipating fewer doctor's visits. But still, the tax break will be useful I'm sure.

Must get carbs!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-07-2011 at 12:09 PM.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought of getting a food allergy test? You might have to go to the naturopath to get one. My BFF is a singer who kept getting sinus infections, so when she cut out pork, oranges, grapes, coconut, black tea and a bunch of other stuff it cleared up. Now if she eats a pork chop she'll get congested so she knows what she can and cannot eat.

There's also the blood type diet, for what it's worth. I'm never supposed to touch chicken, tomatoes or sesame seeds.........ha!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I dunno about you, but when my sinuses stop up to the point that breathing is work- it beats the crap out of me. That might be part of why you're so tired. Ottercat has a good point about the food allergies- I know I function better when I don't have dairy. I just refuse to give it up.

Glad there's no infection! At least you know one thing that it isn't . . .

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's definitely a possibility. I thought I was eating enough carbs to keep out of ketosis, but didn't realize how low-carb veggies are! Maybe I'll try two sweet potatos a day (one at lunch, one at dinner) to jump me up for a while. I don't need to loose weight, so it shouldn't slow things down in that respect. I might go back to tracking on fitday for sometime to ensure I'm getting over 50g of carbs. My fruit (clementine) and cookie indulgences will keep my crabs up, but I don't want to rely on those.

Thanks for de-lurking
    Might I also suggest bananas and/or winter squash? Might help break the monotony of sweet potato.

I forgot that squash tends to be more carb-y. I have some squash! I even have the makings for a squash soup... I don't know how long it takes to get out of ketosis...hopefully there'll be some difference in the next couple of days.

As for breathing & sleepiness, I've been tired for years and not had constant post nasal drip for years (only for the past 4 or so, and only in the summer & fall up till now). Sooooo it could be a contributor now, for sure. Cortisol is the other thing, but I won't know what those results are till the end of the month *fingers crossed*.

As for allergy testing, the expense of a naturopath is completely out of the question right now. I don't think I can afford anymore doctor related things for the rest of the month (and I have TWO appointments on the 30th ugh). I'm doing an elimination diet next month to rule out the common food allergies (dairy, eggs, tomatoes, citrus), but I wonder if there's an easier way. BUT thank you for reminding me that it is an option, and perhaps one I'll look into in the spring.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The attachments will probably take a while to approve, but those are my blood test results from today. I thought it might be a good idea to have the data consolidated (even though I can always access it online) by posting it here. Dr. said no sign of infection. Friggin' allergies. I'm finding out now if I should not bother picking up the antibiotics then. It'll save me a few bucks at least. No reason to mess up my gut flora for no reason, right?

So ketosis for the breath and perpetual allergies from weird weather this fall (a nurse I saw today said she still has her allergies that usually stop with the end of summer too). I am going to have to learn how to use the neti-pot, since conventional allergy-relief pills don't work on me & I'd rather not rely on them. It's that damn post nasal drip that gets me the most grief! I will probably get the inhaler and at least try it though. My flexible spending account doesn't have much $ left on it, so I'm not sure if I can put the prescriptions on it or not... $67.23 left O.O At least the year is almost over! I allocated less for next year since I won't have as many prescriptions to cover and am anticipating fewer doctor's visits. But still, the tax break will be useful I'm sure.

Must get carbs!
    Interesting, your Anion gap is low.

Did your doctor think there was anything wrong?
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

See, this is why I'm sharing these documents. I had to google Anion gap. Interesting that it looks like a high anion gap would indicate ketoacidosis, but you said mine is low? Which lab sheet is that on and what values are you looking at? On the flip, it seems most likely that a low anion gap would be caused by low albumin (I'm going off wikipedia here, so who frickin' knows), which indicates issues with liver function. The doctor said to take the antibiotics anyway (I am, with a probiotic), and that everything looked "good". She just thinks it's some kind of allergy, either to food or environment. Grumble.

It's definitely sounding like I'd get more help from a naturopath at this point, but I just cannot afford it.

---

Sleep: I slept okay. The dark circles under my eyes are somewhat diminished

Food: I finished off my chocolate last night. I made mashed sweet potatoes with two potatoes, a tablespoon of butter, some cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey last night after work. Friggin' delicious. Boyfriend forgot to defrost chicken and did not feel like waiting so he ordered out. I got some maki rolls and they were delicious. We can safely say that I carbed up yesterday! Fat : protein : carbs = 105.8 : 138.6 : 108.0 according to Fitday. Not quite enough protein. I'd like to try and get a 1:1:1 ratio for a little while to see how my body likes that. Thinking on what I usually eat, I think my ratios end up being more like 5:4:1 in comparison to how low my servings of carbs are. I don't know if I'm using the ratios right, I'm not good at those. Do people use weight (grams) or calories to go by those ratios? I think I need to re-read TPB.

Today's lunch is leftover shepard's pie plus a sweet potato. I felt a bit queasy in the morning so I just took my supps & antibiotics. I'm getting a bit hungry now (11AM) so I will try to eat within the hour. Finger's crossed that boyfriend does something me-friendly tonight.

No 'Poo: I was *this* [[holds fingers apart so that it looks like they're still touching]] close to giving up this morning. Last night, boyfriend commented that my hair has been smelly for weeks. I smelled the ends and it did seem kind of "musty". Dammit. I think I need to switch conditioners, or find something more natural that I can use regularly. I realized the musty smell is somewhat like the "unscented" conditioner from WF that I've been using. I used ACV this morning and it definitely made my hair feel nice, but it still makes my hair clump. I succeeded in braiding my hair, messily, this morning, which I wanted to do since I had to take the scooter today (and I get so tired of getting crimps in my hair from the helmet). AND after my shower, I realized I have dandruff. It only appears to be at the front of my head, under the roots of my bangs, where it was itchy yesterday. Time to do some googling for natural solutions!

Brain: Still somewhat tired-thinking going on, but okay otherwise. Not feeling overly anxious about anything. Clarity is decent.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Log2.txt

Anion gap is low, that's supposedly rare.

I wonder what your doctor thought of it.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Oh durr, amidst all that text, I did not really notice that one despite the marker haha. I need to email her about this inhaler I was supposedly getting too. I don't want to use one at all, but if it helps make me feel like I can take a full breath without straining, that would be nice. She'll probably say "it's close to the normal range so it's not concerning" in regards to the Anion gap.