Page 528 of 798 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538578628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 528

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    He's looking into becoming an agent, not a desk worker, so not sure if that's the same thing?

[edit] I really feel for him because I did the same thing with schooling: degree for fun. He doesn't want to do biology stuff as a career. His only job experience is with the Army, his "cashier" job with that college savings fun company wouldn't really count for anything as he wasn't even there for a year. Plus he really does not want to do anything like that again, it was just to pay the bills.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-11-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Have hime check MADOT and local govt. It may not be federal, but it'd still be gov.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    He probably need to start applying for the FBI now then. I don't know how the FBI does it's funding or whether or not they're currently hiring outside people... but, also, that being said, he'd have to go to the Academy before he could become an agent, so he might be better off to try to become a local or municipal officer first. If he's already got the police academy out of the way, the FBI academy would be a piece of cake...

But there's also serious physical fitness requirements, so he should definitely be working harder on that as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    He probably need to start applying for the FBI now then. I don't know how the FBI does it's funding or whether or not they're currently hiring outside people... but, also, that being said, he'd have to go to the Academy before he could become an agent, so he might be better off to try to become a local or municipal officer first. If he's already got the police academy out of the way, the FBI academy would be a piece of cake...

But there's also serious physical fitness requirements, so he should definitely be working harder on that as well.
    Just not sure when is too early because he still has another semester to go. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing you apply at more than once. The physical fitness requirements are actually not that bad, according to him, when he's at his peak. He's working on them now. With regular work-outs, he can get there within a couple of months, I think.

I think police is probably a back-up plan, but if nobody is hiring, he'd have to pay for the academy himself.

I'm not sure how it works in MA, but in IA you can't go to the academy without a job as a police officer. i.e. you get hired and your department sends you. If they allowed ANYONE to go to the Academy, we'd have a whole bunch of losers with police skills and secrets and we probably don't want that. I bet most states require the same.

Re: when to apply - have him call the FBI HR office and ask. No harm in asking when would be best to apply.

In the meantime, this site might help him. FBI College

All that being said, when I go to the website www.fbi.usajobs.gov and search for jobs, ZERO jobs appear. That was the professional staff search though, so field agents might be a different ball game. In my short journey through their site I found this as a possible starting point: https://www.fbijobs.gov/03.asp

And I'm sure he's already seen this page, but in case he hasn't: https://www.fbijobs.gov/112.asp

To become a police officer in the state, you must first complete basic police training from one of the ten MPTC basic training academies in Massachusetts. Typically, academy training follows securing employment with a local agency; however, you may attend the academy without being employed with a department if you pay all necessary tuition fees, and if space is available. Although attending the academy before pursuing a job as a Massachusetts peace officer may help your chances of gaining employment, it does not guarantee that you will be hired.
    I think it's about $3k.

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd want every citizen in our state with $3k eligible for police training. lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Jenn. Looks like everything is closed right now. The special agent stuff says "THE FBI SPECIAL AGENT APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
    THE NEXT SPECIAL AGENT POSTING DATES ARE YET TO BE DETERMINED."