Page 527 of 740 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 7394

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 527

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hush... Some homeopathic stuff works very well.
    umm, science called and would like a word with you.

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have been having issues with the snot as well. I use Zyrtec and Nasonex and those help me the best.

Anxiety is trickier. I've been dealing with it since early childhood. Most of the time now, I rarely have issues with it, but when I do, it's horrible.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    umm, science called and would like a word with you.

lol <-- and I did really laugh.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    lol <-- and I did really laugh.
    then my work here is done
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mucinex, if you can keep it down (makes me really nauseated), decongestants, garlic, vinegar, onion, horseradish, hot sauce.. if it makes your nose run, use/ eat it.
    Anxiety- Have you tried Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? THe version I'm doing to myself involves acknowledge the emotion, finding the base emotion (usually fear of something), acknowledging that emotion, and forcing a healthy reaction. Over time, the forced reaction becomes subconscious and dominant over the anxiety/ undesirable reaction.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I spoke to the pharmacist at the local supermarket and got drugs. It has a decongestant and anti-histamine to stop the nose from running. I'm coughing productively, I just needed to stop dripping on everything so I can get on with my day. Yeah, I'm not into homeopathic remedies, but alternative medicine yes. The distinction is that homeopathy is not really founded on any science.

I really hope I'm feeling better tomorrow though. Today was miserable. I had the "cold high" at work today, so I'm hoping that's the height of this and it'll start passing soon. I haven't been sick like this in ages, I forgot what it's like.

I used the neti pot again this evening. It only kind of clears things up and my nose has to be clear enough at the start for it to work. I used tea tree oil in it with the salt mix and it burned like hell, but I saw some colored snot come out. If I can get to bed soon, it should keep me clear enough to breathe through the night.

I really want to be in bed, but the soup is still going and I don't trust Hulky with it. I can sort it out soon and get to bed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried a really good steam, face over a bowl of just boiled water w/ towel over head? Using fresh sage leaves, torn up and thrown in, along w/ fresh eucalyptus zaps my congestion every time. If you can go to a florist they'll usually sell a sprig or 2 of eucalyptus for less than a dollar. I like the sticky, round-leaf kind, not the oblong leaf. Its a really good deep lung/nose decongestant.

soup. you've made me want soup now.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Have you tried a really good steam, face over a bowl of just boiled water w/ towel over head? Using fresh sage leaves, torn up and thrown in, along w/ fresh eucalyptus zaps my congestion every time. If you can go to a florist they'll usually sell a sprig or 2 of eucalyptus for less than a dollar. I like the sticky, round-leaf kind, not the oblong leaf. Its a really good deep lung/nose decongestant.

soup. you've made me want soup now.
    It's one of those things I saw in movies and heard about, but never worked for me. Usually when I get that congested, even the shower doesn't really help. Adding something to the water/steam would probably help though. I love the smell of eucaplyptus I've read that you can tie it to your shower head & just leave it in there. Kinda tempted.

Eat all the soup!

Well, my cold is definitely improved today. I forgot to bring my drugs (Claritin-D knock-off, I think) to work, just in case, but my nose isn't runny today. Today is the day of thick snot. Last night was the can't-breathe/can't-sleep part of the cold. I took Benadryl and eventually nodded off. I don't think I woke up during the night, so that's good at least! I was in bed by 10, but probably not asleep until after 11. I would have gotten to bed a little earlier, but I made Hulky work out (I kept him company and kept count for him) and then I made him come to bed with me so he wouldn't eat Oreos. He appreciated both efforts .

BM - type 5, mid-morning. [edit] Type 5 late afternoon & evening. Backing off to 200 mg mag citrate only for tomorrow.

I woke up feeling fairly rested, fortunately. My soup came out runny this time, but it smells great so I'm sure it will still be tasty & nutritious. I feel a bit queasy this morning so no breakfast.

I am entering PMS week. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Not much else to say on the primal front right now.

My parents' cat died last night. Kishka had been very sick recently and was on the mend, but I guess she took a sudden turn for the worse yesterday. She was not quick to warm up to folks, but I remember her fondly when I was in high school. She used to like me a lot more than anybody else in the house, though that definitely changed when Fae entered the picture. After I left for school & my sister moved home, Kishka befriended my sister & they got close. She was a loyal little fighter and guarded the area around my parents' house. She survived an attack from a hawk last year and started to warm up to everyone again after Fae moved out. She was 10 yrs old earlier this year. We got her in March of 2003, at an unknown age, but she was fairly small.

Here she is a couple of years ago w/ Sasha the dog, and my mom.

Hulky is worrying about finding a job after school. If he wants to apply to gov't agencies, he has to go through their regular application process online as the local offices don't do recruiting. He's worried that he won't be a good candidate and he's not sure when to apply (graduating in May).
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The government is not hiring any outside people at this time. They are only hiring people who are current government employees within the local commuting area (50 mile radius). I don't think he'd even see job postings, much less have a shot at applying at this time. This hiring freeze has been in place for about 2 years now.

He can look, but I wouldn't expect anything unless he gets in as a non-appropriated funds or working capital funds employee, which is hourly, not salary.

The US Gov uses www.usajobs.gov now for job postings. Good luck to him, but I would recommend he try looking in the private sector.

I guess I thought homoepathic and alternative were the same thing...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)