Page 524 of 761 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 524

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I haven't really thought about it mostly because I don't even know where to start! I have no idea what countries/cities would be safest. If we're going somewhere warm, I'd definitely want swimming in the ocean to be an option.
    Safe if it is all inclusive. You don't really have to leave the resort. Look on groupon getaway and Expedia and etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, a daily Groupon check-in has been party of my routine lately Just the name Colombia scares me though!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I am going to try to vanish from work early today & drown myself via neti pot when I get home. This post nasal drip is so awful & painful and I am starting to feel naseated from swallowing all this crud!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Gub'ment: I hope Hulky's stuff works out for him. I have been on leave and not really paying attention until one of my friends complained about the commissary being shit down. Immediately spent the next twenty minutes trying to figure out if mine was too because I'm overseas and that would SUCK.

Trip: my mom likes South America, especially Belise. It sounds like a chill coastal town; everything is supposed to be pretty affordable and incredibly gorgeous. I would suggest Italy if you do Europe. It's a wonderful country, and they do eat a lot more than pasta. I was there for 9 days and had to go out and look for pasta. I would love to make it back to Florence some day; much more chill and clean than Rome, every bit as beautiful and plenty to do.

Honeymoon - Hulky and I have narrowed it down to England/Ireland/Scotland or someplace warm (Hawaii or Caribbean). Turns out, he's fine with skipping the whole language barrier thing, which is a bit relieving. I'm the one with the language skills so communication would have been on me. 7 years of French means either I'd just need to brush up before the trip or convert my knowledge of romance languages into another form (Italian or Spanish). A warm location would mean luxurious tropical adventure, with the possibility for swimming & lots of outdoors things, whereas the UK & Ireland would be a more urban adventure, but we could do day trips to multiple locations. Hulky and I want to travel more in the future, but no idea how likely it is that we could do either trip beyond the honeymoon! I'm completely torn. I got my passport renewal application together & just need to get a new photo taken.

Sleep - I was in bed around 9:30 last night. I had sick dreams; dreams that are hard to separate from reality, including dreaming about dreaming. I felt incredibly groggy this morning, but the feeling is clearing.

I used the neti pot this morning, a full flush on both sides, including a drop of tea tree oil in each pot-full. Ugh, I got plenty out. The post nasal drip is still bad, but my throat isn't hurting as much right now. That might have to do with the acetaminophen I took, too. I met my hydration goals yesterday (full water bottle while at work, plus a few glasses at home w/ supplements) and am on track to meet them again today. Not sure why it's so much easier for me to hydrate when I'm sick. Maybe it's because I'm motivated.

Tonight, I must make more chicken soup. It's so easy once I get it going, but I always dread the separation procedure when it's done.

This tea is a godsend for sore throats. I also picked up some oranges, which are my favorite sick food. I tend to crave them when I get sick like this. Maybe it's the Vitamin C. I took 2 g of Vit C last night and this morning. I've still got a couple of small pimples on my chin, but am blaming it on the illness before anything else. Biotin sometimes causes breakouts, I guess, so I'm keeping an eye out.

Ghost buddy - My ghost buddy left me a jack o'lantern trick-or-treat bucket w/ a little bag of pistachios (I forgot I wrote those down, a nice morning treat), a little gooey spider toy that I think can be throw sling-shot style, and a bar of Cadbury dark chocolate. I think I'll save the chocolate for something like those fat bombs w/ coconut oil. I'll get my victim (not sure how else to refer to the person I am ghosting) some candy today at the local party store.

Hulky - He's feeling depressed lately. He hates 3/4 of his classes. He's gaining weight (to the point of needing new pants) because he's not motivated to exercise and eating to deal with his feelings. He admitted all this to me and I am trying to think of ways to encourage him to move. I know he feels so much better when he's active, but he doesn't want to exercise alone (stuck in that vicious cycle). I don't have the energy after work lately or the time in the morning. I hope once this illness clears out of my system, I can get him to work out with me in the evenings.

Hulky doesn't think the shutdown will last to affect next month's benefits, but if it does, he's prepared to let Coach know that our rent is probably going to be late . For now, no end in sight for when we can get the car in for repairs. We can't spare the deductible with this hanging over our heads.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I always wanted to go to the Galapagos Islands. Belise would be amazing too. While it would be interesting to visit Europe, I am more inclined to travel south for some reason. Hawaii and Alaska/Canada have always been on my travel list as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Before the honeymoon, I will have earned at least 4 more days of PTO. Right now, I have 44 hrs, but will lose 24 on Friday (from being out sick previous weeks), and gain ~4 hrs. I need 5 or 6 days worth PTO for the honeymoon in March (8 hrs being a day). So basically, I will have just enough by March and cannot afford to miss work for the rest of the year, unless we are given more floating holidays next year!

I feel so blasted sick today and want to go home & rest more than anything.

Feel better soon!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I too hope you feel better soon. Your honeymoon plans sound wonderful! I have always thought I would like to go to New Zealand or Hawaii. I love the western part of Canada, British Columbia & Alberta in particular. If you love the mountains...which I do. I've been there several times (before marriage) & there is lots to see & explore. I've lived in the Caribbean & it's great. Lots of islands to explore. I have heard that some of the South American countries are beautiful...like Costa Rica, Chile, Peru & their govts are pretty stable. My SIL & her husband went on a cruise to Belize & they didn't care for Belize itself but loved Honduras & the other country (Mexico?). Have a friend that went several years ago ( same cruise) & she didn't like Belize either. I'm sure there are lots of folks tho that love it. Try to talk to folks that have been different places...it's a big ol world out there!! So many places to explore!!! Can't wait to see where y'all go & then to hear all about it!! So exciting!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Check out "House Hunters International". It'll help you find a destination.