Page 523 of 794 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 7934

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 523

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Never made pumpkin butter! Been thinking of doing that instead of applesauce as Christmas gifts this year. Or apple butter. I don't know if my family would use any of the -butters, but I know they'd love the applesauce again.

I do want to cook pumpkins this year, haven't done that before either.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Never made pumpkin butter! Been thinking of doing that instead of applesauce as Christmas gifts this year. Or apple butter. I don't know if my family would use any of the -butters, but I know they'd love the applesauce again.

I do want to cook pumpkins this year, haven't done that before either.
    Oh she glows (vegan clean eating site but whatever) has a great pumpkins butter step by step...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Haha I just found that site!
    All-Natural Pumpkin Butter From Scratch + Many Ways To Use It!

I wonder if I would need to add anything to make it shelf stable after canning, or if the canning process automatically makes it safe. I know some things call for citric acid, but I don't know if that has more to do with color preservation. [edit] Oh, it calls for lemon juice. Should be fine for canning.

[edit] Dammit! http://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/ug...in_butter.html I guess not.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-08-2013 at 09:19 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I got to work early enough to put up some window clings in the glass area of my ghost buddy's cubicle. The office does a Secret Santa-like thing in October where you decorate someone's cubicle at least once a week with a little something, or give them candy. On Hallowe'en, we'll reveal ourselves. I wonder when my ghost buddy will start decorating mine. I have to start taking lunch away form my desk so they have an opportunity to set things up, if their hours coincide with mine (unlikely since most people come in later than I do). I'll be putting some party tape up in my ghost buddy's cubicle next week that says "Caution! Fright Zone!" It's purple with green letters. He wrote on his form that he likes Dracula and Frankenstein (though I know he means Frankenstein's monster) so I'm on the lookout for some larger decorations.
    What a fun idea!!

I hope the sinus/allergy crap goes away soon. My kids have been suffering too. Brady's all stuffed up and Makenna has a nagging, annoying cough. While a cough would not be a problem for you or I, per se, she's a puker and if she gets to coughing too much and gags, it's all over... puke everywhere. Her cough flares up at night. Last night I gave her 3/4 of a teaspoon of benedryl, but it didn't seem to help. Thinking some Claritin strips might be in order for her, and Brady for that matter. Poor kids nose runs like a faucet. Allergies suck!!! Feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh and in reference to the whole VA thing... I am hopeful that this shutdown won't last much longer. Not getting the VA benies in November would put a hurt on us for sure as we also use our benefits for housing.

Honeymoon dreaming

Budget: $5-6k
    We could expand this by adding our own savings, but we're going to try and keep it in this range so that any savings we make in the next few months can go towards the car or other expenses.

Time: March 2014, around the 8th-15th. 9-11 days. At least 9, as that will be Hulky's spring break plus two weekends surrounding it, but possibly 11 depending on his class schedule, if he can skip a couple classes/days, and if I have enough PTO (at least 5, up to 7 days). Factor in 2 full days lost for travel, so only about 7 days on location.

Where:
    This is the tricky part. If in Europe, we were thinking 1-3 countries. Countries with asterisk would definitely be the only location, but the rest could be solo or a small tour btwn countries.
    -Iceland*
    -England* or England/Ireland/Scotland
    -Amsterdam
    -France
    -Spain
    -Germany
    -Portugal

If elsewhere
    -A Caribbean island (no preference)
    -Australia and/or New Zealand
    -Japan
    -Somewhere in the US (Hawaii)

The concerns with Japan or Au/NZ are the travel costs. Just the flights would be a large portion of the budget, which would mean not much money for food, accommodations, or any other travel expenses once there. In Europe, we could mix hostels with nicer accommodations & stay within budget even w/ internal travel costs. A US location would allow us to splurge more on food & accommodations, while saving on travel. I think a cruise is out, but that would be a possibly very affordable luxury option.

We have to decide if we want a blend of luxury & exploring, or just one over the other. The Caribbean & Hawaii would be a mix, as we could probably stay at a resort (via Groupon deal) for a good price and its not as expensive to get to.

So many options!!!

5-6k??? Holy shit! We had a budget of 5k for our wedding and $1,800 for our honeymoon! Wow! What a budget!

I would choose an international location b/c the chances of being able to go international again in the future is less likely than visiting somewhere in the States. When in high school, I had the chance of going to Mexico for a week with my Spanish class or going to Washington DC for a week with the Close Up program. My parents suggested Mexico b/c I'd be more likely to go to DC than Mexico in my future. I didn't end up going on either trip b/c they were too expensive, but I also ended up in Mexico for 3 hours thanks to the Army.

I say international! Definitely go international! Any of the choices above would be great - but what about Italy? There's something romatic about Italy.

Most of that was gifted by that friend from high school, so now you know why we were both freaking out!

I spent 10 days in Italy in high school, want to go somewhere new (for both of us), plus there's some political nonsense going on there that I don't want to support/want to avoid. Hulky got to go to France for a soccer trip in high school, but I think he'd be down for it again as I'm not sure how much he actually saw. The thing is, from those 10 days in Italy (in multiple cities), I know we could make a good trip of just one country, but we love travelling so it's hard to really pin things down! The UK seems kind of like a cop-out because everyone speaks English (though I'm sure plenty of people would speak enough English elsewhere too).

Hawaii is seeming more appealing now because we'd get a nice climate change and get to splurge a lot.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Why not an all inclusive resort in the south Americas? Super cheap flights asmbd pretty cheap food/drink/hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Why not an all inclusive resort in the south Americas? Super cheap flights asmbd pretty cheap food/drink/hotel. [/URL]
    I haven't really thought about it mostly because I don't even know where to start! I have no idea what countries/cities would be safest. If we're going somewhere warm, I'd definitely want swimming in the ocean to be an option.