Page 522 of 794 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 7934

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 522

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    BM - Nothing yesterday. I meant to take Vit C this morning to see if I could coax things along but forgot. Not feeling too uncomfortable at least. [edit] Type 2, late afternoon. [edit] Type 5, evening, after mag citrate w/ lunch & after dinner, plus some sips of kombucha. [edit] Type 6 late evening.

I had pumpkin ice cream last night (one scoop) and woke up with a pimple on my chin. But I did not seem to have any digestive issues from it, oddly enough. Not even gas.

Hulky helped me with the new shower head last night. Apparently, it did need the adapter, it just didn't look like it. Oh well, fresh plumber's tape all around! My hair feels so much softer today . If the doggy shampoo alone doesn't cut it as my hair grows out, I'll start experimenting with baking soda and ACV rinses again. I think my scalp might need some extra attention initially. It's been kind of itchy and pretty grimy lately. I can really feel the difference in the water just last night though. I'll work on getting the shower liners through the wash one at a time this week to get the scum & water spots off. I'll probably splash some white vinegar into the machine. I hope that helps. It'll be interesting to see how clean they stay from here on out.

It's a very foggy morning. Makes me want to cozy up somewhere. I'm going to swing by the new Whole Foods on my way home from work (realized it's partially on the way home, less inconvenient than the one in the mall area anyway) and grab some carrots, an onion, and a chicken for more soup. I'm not sure if I want to keep the celery & onion in the soup this time or if I should stick with just carrots for now. I guess just carrots until I learn more from my stupid gut.

I had time this morning to eat some eggs, but not to use the neti pot. I am definitely a bit phlegmy from the ice cream. I'll have some KE tea to try and clear things up a little soon. I was pretty tired this morning, but I did go to bed later than intended. Not as tired as last week.

I'm on to my second bottle of kombucha, just a few sips a day. I think I'll take mag citrate again today, with the goal of being strict with my diet for the week so I can actually troubleshoot my gut instead of just playing catch-up. I can't tell what was causing the diarrhea last week and I ate poorly a few times over the weekend so that's a factor too. I need to eliminate those factors.

My back, shoulders, and neck are still pretty sore.

My nose still hurts from when somebody kicked it at the concert Friday night. I'd be concerned, but it doesn't hurt that much and only when I rub it.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-08-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Don't rub it!

Pumpkin ice cream sounds as if it is worth a pimple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Pumpkin ice cream sounds as if it is worth a pimple.
    I don't consider it a flaw that I can't pass up trying anything pumpkin flavored . It's made by Richardson's, which is a local ice cream company I think. It tastes like pumpkin pie. The guy who scooped it told me it was great and he did not lie!

other thoughts:

Baby stuff - Seeing deals for baby stuff or maternity wear in my Zulily newsletter & articles on fertility stuff on blogs still stings a bit. But not as bad as last week. It'll pass.

Cycling gear - Should arrive Wednesday. Hulky will inquire about the car repairs soon so we can get that taken care of before it's too cold for me to tolerate cycling.

Shopping - I have had the urge to BUY BUY BUY lately. Hulky is picking up more expenses right now since he just got paid & didn't need all of his book stipend. I don't need these things, I just really want them. I think it's just the response to such extreme budget restriction as we had in August & September. That said, Hulky freaked out over the pizza stone (in a very good way) and I'm really glad that I got it for him.

I got a red t-shirt for $3 for my Wonder Woman costume, a blue skirt that I'll put white star stickers on (have to get sticker sheets to make my own), gold ribbon stuff to embellish the t-shirt a bit, some gold cord to wrap around my waist or carry (as the lasso), and some $10 red flats that need moleskine so they don't fall off my feet. Casual Friday Woman Woman . I'll see if my mom has some old costume jewelry so I can add more gold to the ensemble, and I might spray-paint a headband.

I have been missing our pancake Saturdays. This recipe looks like a good one to try! I have a can of Trader Joe's organic pumpkin that can be sacrificed for the cause.
    Forget pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice pancakes ... | Healthy Rec

Gut - I'm eating lunch soon and desperately hoping that eases things. I felt okay this morning, but now I have that awful full-of-poop feeling. I took some Ester-C that I've had at my desk forever in the hopes that it would speed things along. I'm getting some random pelvic pain too...

Hormones - When I was getting all sad last week, I decided to start taking Vitex again. It's just a whim/a feeling. I'll probably stop once this bottle runs out. I think I'm on day 5 of Vitex and my libido came back yesterday.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    White star stickers...great idea! The pjs are $36. That is too much for one wearing.

My other idea was to get some jeans & bleach star shapes onto them, but I didn't think I'd wear them after that. The skirt was $20 and I'll wear it again. I'll do a loose stitch on the t-shirt so I can take the embellishments off after. Not sure about the shoes, since they don't fit well, but it was an acceptable compromise to me. The whole thing will be under $40 and I'll wear most of the parts again

VA: Veterans
    Government Shutdown FAQ for Veterans | Tom Tarantino
    I am trying to smother the hysterical sobs that are threatening to crawl out of my throat. I don't want to ruin an otherwise good mood. Hulky's income is entirely his living stipend via the Yellow Ribbon program. Just like that, we are back to penny pinching. With whatever extra money I have this month & whatever Hulky is left with at the end of the month, we are just going to have to hope that will cover rent. I think Coach would give us time if there's a guaranteed date that we'll get his benefits by, but no way of knowing right now.

Fuck fuck fuck

---

BM - My gut was very active yesterday, I guess I'll keep taking the mag citrate until I find the right balance of supplements. [edit] Type 5 late morning.

I woke up with a sore throat this AM. I also got very hungry right before leaving for work so I drank a warm glass of goat milk. The milk is gone now, I won't buy anymore for at least a week. I want to see if I can keep myself adequately fed with solid food. Hulky cooked up a bunch of meat yesterday so I have lunch for at least another day w/o making more soup, but I did get more soup makings yesterday. The new Whole Foods in town is nice, basically the same layout as the last grocery store. I picked up some DGL (licorice supplement) and it is too delicious for its own good. I think black licorice is my new candy of choice.

My nose still hurts! Hulky said the pain I'm describing sounds like something broke, but I should have had swelling or raccoon eyes if that had happened. Maybe I just bruised the bone? At least the rest of me is much less sore. Just above my ankles on the back of my legs (not really calf territory yet) is sore, but I can tell that's from squats. It's a good feeling.

Sleep - Once again, got to bed late, but the sleep was pretty fulfilling. I'm taking two tablets of Theanine Serene (a full dose) every night. If I can just get to bed on time, I'm sure I'll feel more awake! I snoozed my alarm this morning and was very slow.

I'm sure I'll write more later.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.

My throat hurts more. Stupid post nasal drip. This is either continued punishment for my weekend transgressions or more seasonal changes. If that's the case, the Allegra isn't working.

Blegh, I am feeling grumbly. I am determined not to miss any work this month since I missed several days a couple of weeks ago.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aww I hope you feel better soon!

Ps. Have you tried making your own pumpkins butter and making pancakes/cheesecake out of that? Or maybe put the butter on everything.

Pps. Wonder Woman sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel