Page 516 of 751 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 516

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    I am super sleepy today. I think the diarrhea can be blamed for that. Reading "Fast Tract Digestion - IBS" to hopefully get some insights on what foods to avoid. The info on how to deal with IBS-C was rather unhelpful. I realize it's not healthy to rely on laxatives on any form, but that is the only way I can poop! Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to see less holistic inclined doctors just so I could find a drug that keeps things moving while I deal with whatever else is going on.

I have heartburn right now. I am thinking of increasing the Betaine HCL w/ pepsin capsules to 2 with every meal and see what happens. If it's helpful, I'm concerned about why I would have to increase the dose.

Too lazy to talk to people today. I'll call the doctor tomorrow. I need to schedule a 6-week follow-up for my IUD too.

I'm going to cut out honey soon. From all that I've read, I don't know why the Specific Carbohydrate Diet allows it. I'll miss it, but it's probably best for me to avoid all sweeteners right now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    re: regularity. Have you tried just plain prune juice? Get the smallest jar, dilute 4oz w/ 4oz water and wait a couple hours after drinking. Be at home though! My mom, a nurse, used this plenty around our house to help 'reset'. If nothing after couple hours, try another glass, same dilution but then stop. It can sneak up on you, if you take too much.

I saw that you like Pepogest. I love that stuff too. Heartburn could be just anxiety related too. Be feeling better soon! (I enjoy reading your journal, by the way take care)

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Hi spk I've never tried plain prune juice. I'll pick some up this week & try some. It'd be nice to drink something daily instead of taking mag citrate and Vit C to keep things moving. I definitely know that sneaking up problem when using Vitamin C powder!

I haven't taken Peptogest in a while as I started getting minty heartburn all the time, but it was helpful for gas relief when I was eating starches. I wonder if I should take it again, and if so, when (before meals, between meals, or after meals).

I finished the "Fast Tract Digestion" book. Basically, it's like the specific carbohydrate diet, but they came up with a formula for measuring the digestibility of various foods based on the glycemic index. There are lists of foods that are low risk and high risk for fermentation potential. I'll make my own copies of the lists of low risk fruits, veggies, & starches, and stick with those. Looks like jasmine rice is low risk, so I think I'll get some so I can have a little sometimes. I do need to consider portion sizes when it comes to any carbs I'm eating, which this book helps with (like no more than 1/2 cup jasmine rice to start with).

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    "minty heartburn" - ugh, yes I got that as well! Now I remember why I stopped. It helped but that after taste if I took it w/o food, shudder.

For heartburn (not to heal but to treat symptoms) I really liked this stuff, which i went to after the Pepogest:
    Amazon.com: Enzymatic Therapy DGL Ultra German Chocolate -- 90 Chewable Tablets: Health & Personal Care

It really made me much more comfortable. Then was able to take a breath and consider what it was exactly that was causing my HBurn and try to address it. I'm going to look up your Fast Tract book. I have a food-combining based book (while it might be total hooey) that really healed my leaky-gut. A dose of L-glutamine in the a.m., with a green drink from the book was so helpful.

I just had to reply before I ran out the door. And I covet your apartment a little. My landlord never redid the wood floors and yours looked so nice, and with built-ins. sigh. Have a good day, don't overdo the prune juice. I'll feel so guilty!

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

I haven't tried licorice root before. Looks like that's what that stuff is? Will keep it in mind (I have a "Supplement" wishlist on Amazon haha).

I keep forgetting to take my L-Glutamine, I'll go have some now

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    Have you tried ginger root tea for digestion? I was listening to this podcast, Underground Wellness, today, and there was this guy (maybe a naturopath?), as the guest, and he said he didn't like to use HCL with his patients because it created a negative feedback loop. Instead he had them drink ginger root tea. (You may have tried this already...can't remember...)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Have you tried ginger root tea for digestion? I was listening to this podcast, Underground Wellness, today, and there was this guy (maybe a naturopath?), as the guest, and he said he didn't like to use HCL with his patients because it created a negative feedback loop. Instead he had them drink ginger root tea. (You may have tried this already...can't remember...)
    I'm a visual person so I have a hard time listening to podcasts and retaining any info (if there were transcripts, it would be no problem!). I see UW has a video up on anti-acids though so I'll check that out. Ginger tea is very soothing, but I haven't really used it as a supplement per say, and haven't made it myself except once ages ago. For a while, I was having it before meals & after meals, but I stopped drinking as much water at the same time, which is probably not great.

BM - We had Indian food last night and I ate the provided basmati rice with it. I picked the one that didn't say "cream sauce", but it probably had dairy in it anyway. I had some painful gas this morning & then type 7 (Bristol stool chart). My gut still feels a bit wily, but I did have yogurt this AM. I have some mild heartburn right now. I will take mag citrate with each meal today along with the slippery elm powder/marshmallow root/l-glutamine mixture twice a day (already took it this AM) and see what happens tomorrow.

Hydration - I'm not going to be drinking tea at work anymore and instead focusing on hydration again. I have a Klean Kanteen that holds 27 oz, so I will try to drink two of those while at work every day. I have another at home so I can do the same on the weekends. Hydrating more has never made a noticeable difference in anything for me, but it seems like a good thing to keep consistent anyway.

Supplements - I am running low on Digest Gold. I wonder if I really need it. I feel like I can't tell what helps anymore. Maybe I'll let myself run out and see how things go. The biotin I ordered should arrive today. I've read that you can notice a change from it within 2 weeks of taking it. I'm excited to get my hair growing faster! Unfortunately, it will need regular trimming until it gets to a certain length in grow-out phases (ugh, need about 6" of growth).

Body - I'll do my squats tonight. I was too stumbly this morning. I thought about cycling but was too slow this AM to get my ass in gear and get ready. I didn't even have time for breakfast.

Sleep - This used to happen to me all the time: wake up and feel super groggy, stumble around everywhere, drop things. Just completely uncoordinated. It happens from time to time now and usually indicates a sleep issue of some kind. It happened this morning, without the grogginess. I was feeling pretty tired when I woke up and had to sit down for a little while. Then I went to the bathroom, then took all of my supplements. The Eleuthero root helped perk me up a bit, but I was still super uncoordinated. I zoned out enough that I started pouring the slippery elm powder into my hand, thinking it was in capsule form for some reason. So, either the Theanine Serene is too effective, or lights out at 11 PM is too late. Hulky and I can't go to bed at the same time, or else I need to shoot for an even earlier lights-out time! I'll continue to shoot for lights out at 10:30 PM.

The shower head w/ built-in filter should arrive today! I'll have Hulky help me install it. Not sure if we'll need a wrench to remove the existing shower head. Hulky said he wasn't sure if Coach would be happy about us replacing it, but I told him we'll just put the original one back on when we move out. I've read about people doing that kind of thing including swapping light fixtures in rentals all the time. Is that weird?

I found a deal for a pizza stone on one of the woot.com sites and ordered it for Hulky . I don't want to wait until Christmas to give it to him and I don't want to risk him buying one for himself! I will probably just give it to him soon. Or I could ask him to check with me before he buys a pizza stone for himself, but that might be too suspicious.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've read about people doing that kind of thing including swapping light fixtures in rentals all the time. Is that weird?
    Nope, not weird. I do it (and I am never weird >.> ) Hell, it is my house. I will be comfortable. As long as it is back to the move-in conditions when I leave what is the harm?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think it just seems more weird in this case because we are buds with the landlord. Coach is basically Hulky's mentor, like a second father to him. Coach is also totally down for upgrades to the apartment and will pay for some of it, as long as it will match the current style/decor etc. For example, he installed some chrome towel bars in the bathroom and when the tenants asked about a toilet roll holder, he got a chrome one to match. He approved us installing shelving in the hall closet, I just need to remember to borrow the stud finder from my dad so we can make sure there's actually something to anchor them to.

I don't think we'll do any major upgrades beyond getting some blinds for the living room (only room in the house that doesn't have them aside from bathroom, which has a frosted window), but it's nice to know that we can.

We stopped by Coach's house last night to drop off rent and ended up chatting for about an hour. We noted that the last person who did the stain or polyurethane on the french doors & some of the painting around the place did a really sloppy job. It might have been my sister, but she's a pretty neat person and as an artist (she helped Coach's son, Hulky's BFF, a few years ago when they were between tenants), I know she knows how to control her brush strokes. I'm going to see what I can clean up.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-02-2013 at 06:56 AM.