Page 515 of 797 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 7965

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 515

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, what did I do to deserve this...? I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'm also trying hard not to over-spend because I suddenly feel like I have tons of extra money, but that money is STRICTLY FOR HONEYMOON BUSINESS. That's why it's getting transferred to a separate account!

UGH, but I REALLY want leftover so I can get another tattoo

Anywho, I had half a Redbull. Since it was already in the fridge, it was a better option than going out & spending money on $tarbucks, though that would have been tastier. At least this option isn't making me gassy.

I just cleaned the glass panes on the french doors of the sunroom. Not perfect, but good enough and looks a hell of a lot better than before. I left a rag tucked behind the TV for dusting and am experimenting with some shower liner cleaning solutions. I'm picking spots for my posters & will tidy up for photos soon
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    Interesting to read your mood stuff... I have been having massive PMS issues lately. The week before my period and my mood is horrific and I dread it. I don't know much about it though. Do you have any good links you could refer me? Any insights?
    Hey, I had this problem for a while and it was scary. When we switched to organic and grass-fed and pastured meats only, all of the symptoms vanished, even the hot flashes.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

^Interesting (also a bit scary!). I tried to stick with good meats (organic, pastured, grass-fed, whatever I could find that wasn't just "all natural" grocery store crap) while Hulky was away for 3 weeks last month. I spent as much on groceries as the two of us normally do! There's no way we could feed both of us like that right now. I'm trying to eat less chicken & stick with the good stuff when I can because the PUFA's are just way too much for me. I get aching joints easily.

Hulky and I went out on a date today. We like to wander by car, find a new place to stroll around, and grab a bite. We went to Nashua NH today, after our apple-picking plans went to hell. Apparently, it gets very busy if you don't go first thing in the AM. We'll try next Sunday right when they open, maybe. In Nashua, there wasn't much there except some nice looking bars. We got food at the Sausage King. I took a bite of the plain roll holding my sausage w/ peppers & onions and then ate the innards with utensils. White bread is so boring. The sausage & veggies were good though.

Tonight, we have dinner with my family & Baba, who is visiting for the day. She'll get to see my wedding band

Hulky and I are talking about possible other honeymoon adventures, like a trip through Europe. We'll only have about 10 days to work with, so that limits us to maybe 4 countries maximum. Our budget is enough that we might be able to splurge on nicer accommodations in at least one location, if we did that. If we save up enough by the end of the year, we could even consider going somewhere like Japan or Australia/New Zealand! Tempting...temping.

BM - I'm going to stick with the 2 g of Vitamin C powder every morning for now to see what happens. I didn't go yesterday & felt bad this morning. After the Vit C, the results were pretty quick. Type 4 on Bristol stool chart. If that works, I'll just take 400 mg of mag citrate before bedtime for the sake of magnesium, not for BM's. [edit] Type 4 after dinner. I took 2 g of Vit C before we went to dinner. I'll just take 200 mg of mag citrate before bed, because Theanine Serene has 300 mg of magnesium chelate in it.

My toothache is nearly gone. Oil pulling definitely helps. I feel like I'm about 80% today, sickness is nearly gone. The apartment is still not tidy enough to share in pictures, but soon!

IUD - Still having some light bleeding & cramping. I hope it ends soon!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-29-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Nameless Wonders: A game of shelves
    Link to photos of the new apartment are within. I didn't finish cleaning up, but it was good enough.

I'm trying a new kitty litter made of walnut shells. Eating half-raw, half-canned, Fae's poop doesn't smell at all, so I'm mostly hoping it doesn't stick to her as much or create as much dust.

Exercise - I did some squats this morning. Ugh, I'm way behind. Must do some every day! With cycling, I'm at the point where I am not sure how realistic it is to expect myself to cycle anymore to work. I need lights, reflectors, and warmer clothes. I thought I might cycle this morning, but I woke up very tired & it's foggy/damp out. I'll at least order my supplies soon so I can be prepared. I'd really like to keep cycling periodically, as long as it isn't too cold out. Such a great way to save gas & keep active! I'm trying to figure if this $130 is worth it for the gear...it's a much better deal than I can find anywhere else (for reflective stuff, skull cap, tights, jersey, and full-finger gloves).

Sleep - I'm sleeping well with the Theanine Serene now, I just have to make sure to get to bed on time. Lights off by 10:30!

Fae - I am trying to come up with ways to keep her more active. Her belly is going to be saggy forever, but it looks like it's mostly loose skin now. Poor girl, I left her to be fat for too long. I got her a little owl toy with catnip in it. I had to rub it down with catnip to get her interested, but it looks like she's been playing with it on her own since I keep finding it in different places. This morning, I found her playing with her tail, which I have never seen her do before! She must be feeling good . I need to get some string for her. She's been sleeping with us lately and I'm finding her curled up under blankets. I hope this is just a sign of the changing seasons and not something to be worried about.

Food - Been too crazy/busy/lazy/tired to make this week's batch of chicken soup. Perhaps tonight. I have been eating some yogurt everyday for the past few days, no noticeable difference for my gut. At least it doesn't seem to be hurting. Did I mention I bought some raw local honey yesterday? So tasty.

Supplements - While the Vit C worked the other day, it doesn't seem to be enough consistently. Then again, I ate a little unusually yesterday since we went out & I had a small portion of corn & beans via a salad at my parents' house. Not sure if it would be enough to have a noticeable affect. I guess I will take mag citrate throughout the day until I get the right balance. The aloe juice never seemed to do anything, so I don't think I'll be buying more. I think I'm going to start supplementing Biotin for faster hair growth.

Gut - I feel like I haven't been able to find the balance with my supplements for regular BM's for the past few weeks. I think I'm going to leave out the onions & celery from the chicken soup when I blend it, just go back to carrots.

Other - Hulky has started using the credit card he got in 2006 (but never used). He's had it so long that it got upgrade to Platinum haha! It's a CapitolOne, which I think means we might get some nice perks like cash back. He decided to start using it to pay some regular expenses to build credit & so we can use it for car rentals (if needed) on our honeymoon.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I got some local honey too, mostly because of allergies. Unfortunately, their bees gather pollen in or near oil wells or refineries. It has a distinctive petroleum/ gas note I don't care for.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

^Ew, that sounds unpleasant. The honey I got is fairly dark, a nice amber shade, but looks pretty filtered. I doubt there's much pollen in it. I might look around at one of the local farms (really more of a grocery store than anything else, but does have a lot of local stuff) to see if they have their bee-gut honey right now. Love finding legs and stuff in it

I am thinking about getting this to aid in my shamphree (sounds better than no-poo, doesn't it?) adventures.
    Amazon.com: Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead, Chrome Finish: Home Improvement

It should also eliminate all of the scum the shower liners are accumulating. Errrgghhhh not sure if it's wise to drop $200 on cycling gear & a showerhead filter today, but I really want to!

Ugh, my gut hurts. Hurry up and clear out already
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-30-2013 at 09:28 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I ate an apple and now I feel nauseated... I hope we both feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gut - I kind of panicked yesterday. My gut felt packed, though I don't think it really was since I had some good BM's on Sunday. I took at last 600 mg of mag citrate throughout the day, 2 g Vit C in morning and evening, the slipper elm & marshmallow root concoction (w/ the last of the aloe juice), AND made the Smooth Move tea (the senna is what makes you go). So. I did not get any relief before bed, but I did get "relief" after arriving at work this morning. Needless to say, it was type 7. I am not sure what I want to do now. I guess I'll take mag citrate w/ each meal & see how that goes. I didn't get any awful cramping from the senna tea this time. I just want some regularity so I can "reset". I wonder if this is from the probiotics (in the goat yogurt). If that's the case, then my laxative efforts are not sufficient and/or my bacterial overgrowth problems are still there.

Doctor - I am thinking of going back to the gut doc. He said he wants me to see one of their masseuses for visceral manipulation. That is, manually moving my guts around to make sure they're seated properly. Not the weirdest thing I've heard of, but still pretty weird! He said it's very effective and sometimes one or two sessions is all it takes. I'm skeptical. I do have the money right now...so I think I'll call about that today. It seems unlikely to me that this could fix everything, but it also seems worth a shot.

Budget - Hulky didn't get paid today, but not because of any gov't shutdown. He put the wrong account number into the direct deposit form when he changed it a couple of weeks ago ><. The bank is sorting it out and thankfully we have the honeymoon money so he can still pay rent today. I decided to go ahead and buy the shower water filter (along with Biotin and a soap bag since we don't have a good place to rest the soap bar in the shower). The cycling gear will have to wait.

Body - I still feel a little sick. I have slightly swollen glands below my jaw. My throat still hurts a little and I still have excess post nasal drip. I think after I finish this goat milk yogurt & milk, I will not buy anymore for a bit. It doesn't bother me digestively but... [sigh] well, we'll see. The sensitive tooth area still gets irritated periodically. The peppermint tea I had this morning aggravated it. I need to be oil pulling, but I keep not getting around to it.

Sleep - My sleep is improving, but I still can't get up at 6:15. I did not get to bed at 10:30 last night as I was sorting my chicken soup. I'm going to turn off the 6:15 alarm until I start waking up before 6:30 naturally.

Mood - I successfully conquered some anxiety this morning. I was worried about money and I told myself, "It's okay to be worried. It's okay to be anxious." I'm still worried & anxious, but not nearly as much because I know it's an acceptable response.