Page 514 of 761 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 514

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Where did your honeymoon link go? There was a link on Facebook. I liked it and didn't get a chance to do anything with it and now I can't find it...

**EDIT: I'm seeing now that I may not need to access it... someone paid for your whole honeymoon? How freaking awesome!! Congrats! I'm not sure how I would react either... that's nuts and so cool at the same time!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I deleted the link on FB because the guy BOUGHT EVERYTHING.

Our honeymoon is paid for and we are having a hard time not crying about it. For real. We asked if we could take him out to dinner (asked on FB chat because I don't have any other contact info for him) and he said he'll sent his housewarming party info in the next few weeks b/c he's in the middle of moving. So I'll probably hug him and cry then.

Hulky and I decided that if anyone else asks about it, we'll say everything was paid for on the site, but we would welcome checks The money would not go to waste! We're keeping the donation under wraps from friends & family, just saying that our friends made some sizeable donations & we will be able to book as soon as we find good deals for our date range.

In other news...

I feel pretty sick today (but unsurprisingly, don't care). I kept falling asleep while watching TV last night and slept like a rock. I took Theanine Serene, no crazy dreams.

I got some probiotic stuff at Whole Foods today. Sheep milk yogurt (which is very creamy & good, if you like plain yogurt). Goat milk yogurt. Two bottles of kombucha. I'm going to start with a small serving of probiotic food/beverage every day. The kombucha will probably only be about a shotglass worth with dinner. If that goes well, I'll start having a bit more every day and then start making my own kombucha. I'll probably order a scoby online, unless craigslist has anything.

My tooth still hurts, though not nearly as much, & I still have a ton of post nasal drip. I'm drinking some KE tea now and will neti pot with tea tree oil after.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That is such a generous and amazing thing your friend did! I would have a hard time not crying too. That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You have an amazingly great friend. Words cannot describe your friend well enough. What a selfless thing to do!

Enjoy that honeymoon!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Holy crap! That's AWESOME on the honeymoon stuff.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon and it's not the crud I have.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's crazy, and really awesome!

Where are you planning on going?

tomi is online now Senior Member
    ^ that.............. what a wonderful thing for your old friend to do! Where are you going and when?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Somewhere in the Caribbean in March, over Hulky's spring break. I just need 5 days PTO saved up, which means I'm fine as long as I don't use up more than 3 days from now until then. I had about 8 until I got sick these past couple of weeks and used up 3 (PTO goes by hrs, make just over 1/2 a day per biweekly paycheck). Er, or I guess I could spend more than that, but whatever.

Hulky's friend M gave us a check and took us out to dinner today (Japanese buffet, I had some random cooked stuffed & some maki rolls). So we have even MORE towards the honeymoon now (his contribution was not as huge as paying for all that we asked for, but still very sizable). I'm going to get my passport replacement stuff in the mail next week! The money is going into our credit union savings account so we won't touch it until we need it. TBH, I hope we have leftover and can split it for fun stuff, but I think it would go towards the car payments. I just really want another tattoo .

Because of the amount, we're not limited to Groupon anymore, so I started poking around at resorts and such . It's hard to pick a place! I think we'll start talking about activities that we want to do and see what locations might have all that we want. Since we don't have credit cards, the need for a rental car is something we'll have to research carefully. Most car rental companies don't let you rent w/o a credit card. I also want to research a nice pocket camera (thinking no more than $300 should get us something good) to bring with us. A D-SLR would be too cumbersome and I don't want to risk breaking my camera. The warranty ran out earlier this year.

BM - evening, type 6 on Bristol stool chart. I think it was from something in dinner. I didn't bring my supplements and definitely needed the Betaine HCL for all of the protein. No mag citrate today.

I'm considering seeing that gut doc again and getting tested for H. Pylori and whatever else. The heartburn after eating is new.

I think we're getting a free couch this weekend! That means I have a little cleaning to do and maybe I'll put our posters up finally. And then take pics.

I got an hour or two of sleep. I guess Theanine Serene isn't enough? Too tired to do anything or focus. Too awake to sleep. BORED.

So, so sleepy. I took a snooze and it is keeping me from dozing off again, but I could fall back asleep pretty easily.

We have a couch! It's a bit stinky because it was at MIL's and there are a few smokers living there. I want to toss the cushion covers into the wash, but can't find a tag indicating whether it's safe to do so. I'll have to get some upholstery cleaner.

Tomorrow, Baba will be in town so we'll visit with her and we might go apple picking in the morning. I will have to have cider donuts.

I don't have the energy to clean up, so no photos of the apartment yet. Trying to think of something to do, but I'm super whiny & tired so nothing seems possible.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That is amazing about the honeymoon Tasha! Wow, good karma or what?! You clearly had it coming I'm happy for you!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat