Page 513 of 762 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 7619

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 513

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It all sounds so complicated, so many choices, so much information to learn, so much to consider. Let's see, our choices were rhythm, diaphragm, condom, or Cuba. We used diaphragm, it's gel, and condom. This worked for 3 months. We had planned, and hoped, to wait for 5 years before having children. The pill came along after our first child. My gyno tried it on me but a few months later stopped it because the tiny hairs (silia?) inside somewhere had disappeared. So he thought it dangerous for me. He was of the philosophy that a drug should be in common use for 10 years before he considered it known or safe.

After our second child was born, hubby had a vasectomy. Why him instead of me, because for him it was a cheap, easy office visit. For me it would be the hospital for 3 days, with possible complications. And either was permanent. Things may be different now. But we're sure glad he had it done. I seemed to get pregnant when he dropped his pants.

I hope the cramping goes away soon, Wonder. Loved your pictures. And I do hope your gut gets better. Let me know how it goes.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Are you still taking ibuprofen? I read above that you're not taking it around mealtimes. Eh, you really should take that stuff with food. Prolonged consumption of ibuprofen (or any NSAID) on an empty stomach will really damage your stomach lining.
    I was just worried about taking Betaine HCL before meals AND the Ibuprofen. Not sure if that'd be any worse or not matter.

My husband said to take Acetaminophen. I'm trying that tonight.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The acetaminophen helped much more than the Ibuprofen. I forgot to take any this morning and am feeling okay cramp-wise today.

Sick? - I still kind of feel like I'm coming down with a cold, but at this rate, I think it's not going to get any worse. I used the neti pot on one side this morning (lack of time for both nostrils) w/ a drop of tea tree oil. The allergy meds are helping me to keep from sneezing. I have some lemon ginger tea & the makings for Kill Everything tea that I will drink today. I have taken 20,000 IU of Vit D for the past two mornings and I'll take my Vit C after work. I should be good!

Sleep - I took 5-HTP last night AND Theanine Serene. It might have been overkill. I had vivid and strange dreams. This was a side effect when I was on SSRI's and also when the 5-HTP dose was too much. Tonight, I'll just try the Theanine Serene and I WON'T get wrapped up in a book and stay up 2 hrs later than I should. I was dead asleep when my alarm went off, but got out of bed okay about 10 minutes after. I am not sure if I should tackle both waking up at 6:15 AND going to bed on time right now, but I really need to do both. I need more time in the mornings.

Body - I did a couple of sun salutations last night and it helped my back feel better. It's been feeling very tight & sore lately. I'm trying hard to improve my seated posture and keep my shoulders back against my chair (since I sit almost all day). I did squats with the barbell this morning and some overhead presses. My leg felt better after the squats. I will try to do some more tonight! Squats, planks, and overhead presses should help to get me in decent shape before my next chiro appointment w/ Hulky on Oct 5. I'm looking forward to see our chiropractor, he'll love to hear about our wedding.

Food - I skipped breakfast this morning, I was slacking. I am finishing off my chicken soup this AM and need to make more. I'll swing by the grocery store on my way home for squash, meat, a chicken, and soup veggies. It's going to be a busy night of cooking, but at least I have bacon!

Mood - My mood seems to be much improved this week compared to last week. I feel like the anxiety is lifted and I'm not trapped in my thoughts.

I have a bit of a toothache today over the upper recessed gum area (left side, first two molars just past the canine). I'll be taking some Ibuprofen with lunch and keeping my fingers crossed

http://www.beingprimal.com/how-to-su...dinner-parties
    I liked this post.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-26-2013 at 07:48 AM.

And now, for some idle rambling...

I am ending the month with a lot more money than I expected. Even if Hulky hadn't helped out with groceries, I have more than I thought I would. I've moved anything that needs to be set aside into savings, we paid off all our medical bills (need to call tomorrow about the dentist's bill from last year though), I was able to get some needed supplements, and I even put aside the extra ring money that my grandma sent. After rent is paid next week, I'll probably set it aside until I'm sure I have enough, then buy some cycling gear (thermal shirt/jacket, full-finger gloves, & leggings/tights for cooler weather). I'm just afraid I'm forgetting something else.

Hulky's mom asked us about Thanksgiving plans last weekend. Since Baba is so old and never in the best of health anymore, I'm afraid to miss a Thanksgiving with her by not going to Maine with my family. I don't know at this point if they are planning to bring her down for Turkey Day or if she'll be healthy enough to make the trip anyway. MIL said they could plan around us and have the meal on another day so I don't have to miss anything. Sweet, but I'd rather they not... I brought it up to Hulky and he told me in no uncertain terms that we are a family now and we are making our own holidays together (he also wants to decorate the apartment for Christmas, which I have done in previous years, but I'm glad he wants to help/do more). I thought that was very sweet and I don't think I really expressed to him how much I appreciated that. We'll still make the rounds on Christmas, but I really want to plan some nice relaxing days (and awesome meals) for us over Thanksgiving break (he has Wed-Sun off from classes, I have Thurs-Sun off from work) and Christmas (I have Eve Day and Day off, might request the 23rd). I wonder if we should bother getting a turkey for Thanksgiving. I mean, leftovers are great, but I don't have the pans needed or anything.

Hulky is taking a music history course to fill a credit, which is hilarious because he's completely tone deaf. Two of his assignments are to watch a movie about a composer (we're going to watch Amadeus, which I remember enjoying when I was younger & I think I'll appreciate it more now) and to go to a live classical concert. Short papers are due for both, not till December. It should be fun to go to the concert; it'll be a bit of a date. I think I want some Beethoven, but I have to remember which symphony it is that I like best and see if anyone is performing it this fall.

I am feeling more sick today. My sore throat is getting worse. I want to use the neti pot when I get home in hopes that I can wipe out whatever this is! I should have stayed home today and really hope I feel better tomorrow because I should stay home but can't/don't want to because of missing two days last week (also from feeling sick).

I unfortunately have to get groceries on the way home from work. Not enough food for dinner if I don't. We could order out, but Hulky wants to avoid Chinese food for now (felt sick from it last time, IIRC) and the sushi place we usually order from (the only place I can really eat from) doesn't have anything else he would eat. Trying to think of any quick dinners we can do, but my starch issues really limit things.

AND I have to make soup so I can't go to bed early. Such is life.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have bacon to fry... and son's football practice/tomato picking... I feel your pain - except I don't feel sick. I hope you feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Stayed home today. Really, really hate missing work again so soon. I missed Thurs and Fri last week.

At least it's payday. My timesheet will have to be signed & submitted Monday AM.

I have a bad habit of taking on projects when I'm home sick & not actually resting. I need more cat food for Fae & kitty litter & want to make chicken soup.

Period - Made a u-turn this morning and woke up to heavy bleeding. Well, moderately-heavy, not worse than I usually get, but it's like the first day of my period all over again when it should have been done today. Probably something about the IUD. I hope it goes away soon.

BM - I'm backing off on mag citrate entirely for now. I have the weekend to experiment. Type 6 on Bristol stool chart this AM.

So I think someone just paid for our entire fucking honeymoon.

I don't.

What.

How do I?

THERE'S NO PROTOCOL FOR THIS.

He's not even a close friend! Just someone who I was once close with in high school.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    So I think someone just paid for our entire fucking honeymoon.

I don't.

What.

How do I?

THERE'S NO PROTOCOL FOR THIS.

He's not even a close friend! Just someone who I was once close with in high school.
    Omgah. So awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel