Page 511 of 798 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 511

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Side note - I am thinking about getting a copper IUD. It's 100% covered by my insurance. I'm wary of increasing bleeding, but I should still be able to use a menstrual cup. I like the security of how preventative IUD's are and I don't want to have kids for another few years (plus this will be VERY cost effective). I also feel nervous about the risk of accidents with condoms (only had one break once, but it can happen and it was really scary; thank goodness for morning-after pills) without some other kind of backup. I used to use condoms AND I was on the pill, but I don't want to go back on the pill. I don't want to introduce any other hormones into my system so the Mirena is out.

I think Ombat got one recently so I may check in with how she's doing. Hulky has said "whatever you're comfortable with" so I think I'll talk to him again and might just go ahead and do it... I'll probably have to go in for my annual first and consult the doc about it. I need a new gyn as I don't like the one I had been seeing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Damn, I have Tazo Zen here at home and Calm at work! I'll bring the Zen in tomorrow.

[edit] I may put some tea tree oil in the neti pot tonight. I don't usually get sinus infections, but I really want to kill this cold ASAP.

I must remember to take a lot of Vit D tomorrow.

[edit] BM - No idea of type because the bathroom light went out right when I was going to poop! Passed easily, probably a #3 on Bristol stool chart. After dinner.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-23-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Haha, oops, I now have two boxes of Tazo Zen at work. I don't have any Calm. I'll go get some at Shaw's today.

I used the neti pot last night with a drop of tea tree oil in it. That was VERY clearing and I don't think I'd do it more than once every other day for fear of damage of some sort (I suffered from frequent nosebleeds a lot growing up so the slight burning sensation is scary to me). I did some reading beforehand to decide on how many drops (glad I didn't do more) and I think I want to try lavender oil. Unfortunately, once I went to bed, I started sneezing a bunch and got congested again. I think I'll wash the sheets soon, but it's probably just some nighttime bloom screwing me over. We use unscented detergent (Method) so I'm not worried about reactions there. Dear goodness, I HOPE I'm not developing sensitivities to cleaning products now!

The sick feeling is gone, my glands aren't swollen today and I feel less run down. I'm still sneezing plenty and have post nasal drip. I'll get that Allegra at the store today too. I want to be able to differentiate from seasonal allergies & food responses! I miss that short period of time last month & earlier this month that I didn't have post nasal drip

Speaking of cleaning products (uh, above), I'm trying to sort out the best way to clean our shower liners. Probably I'll just have to throw them in the washing machine every few weeks & let them dry a bit on the clothesline before putting them back up. Since I can't take down the bars over the clawfoot tub, it's a hassle to remove & rehang the liners, but it must be done. I tried spraying them down a bit last night & wiping them, but it's too difficult & didn't seem to do much. The water is pretty hard here and leaving lots of residue on the liners. This means I probably will not be able to continue going shampoo free as my hair grows out. Phooey.

The chili I made last week STILL isn't finished off. Maybe I'll freeze the rest. There's a couple of servings left. I'm a bit tired of it. I have some for lunch today with 1/2 an acorn squash. I forgot my banana.

My teeth feel so much better after oil pulling last night and this morning. I think this will help with the sensitivity. The gums over my lower right canine look much thicker this week than they did last week.

I'm going to schedule my woman's annual exam soon & talk to the doctor about getting an IUD. [Edit] Lady check-up scheduled w/ a nurse practitioner for next week. I'll have to schedule a consultation w/ the gyn when I go in. It might not be until November, so I'll schedule the appointment and then see how soon I could go to Planned Parenthood.

[edit]BM - mid-morning, between type 3 and 4 on Bristol stool chart. I feel...unfinished.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.

PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Pumpkin Cream Donut Sandwiches

If I use honey instead of maple syrup, these are SCD compliant. They look awesome! I just need a donut pan...which I will probably not use for anything else haha.

I posted this on Facebook. Any thoughts?:

I have this blender. It needs a new blade assembly because the grooves in the base are worn out, but it's only about $10. It works well for blending liquids and is easier to clean than my other blender, a Ninja Pro Blender (which works pretty well as a food processor too). Worth it or no? I haven't used it much in the past year or so since I got the Ninja, but I feel like it could be useful...
    Vintage Osterizer Imperial Pulse matic Blender Avacado Green on eBay!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I have had a copper IUD for 9 years. I will be replacing it with a new one soon. The heavier bleeding was a problem until I started supplementing iron & iodine. When I started taking 1g of iodine every day, lugol's solution, the bleeding went back to "normal". Some months were very very heavy until I discovered the iodine connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have had a copper IUD for 9 years. I will be replacing it with a new one soon. The heavier bleeding was a problem until I started supplementing iron & iodine. When I started taking 1g of iodine every day, lugol's solution, the bleeding went back to "normal". Some months were very very heavy until I discovered the iodine connection.
    Thanks, P. I'll keep that in mind. I've had low ferritin in the past, so I will likely need to supplement that or iron too. I have iodine, a brand recommended by the doc I was seeing for gut stuff. I was deficient in January and have not had it tested again yet.

I'm contacting Planned Parenthood today (emailing back & forth) to see how soon I could get in. They said it has to be inserted when I'm on my period since I'm not on hormonal birth control (to insure that I'm not pregnant). So either I go within the next few days or wait until next month. Not sure how soon my doctor's office could see me after the consultation (which has not yet been scheduled). I know I'll get charged for a pregnancy test at the doctor's (about $17 in lab fees) so I think I'd rather get it inserted during my period.

If I do go to PP this week (unlikely), I'd reschedule my women's annual for November and they can check on the IUD at that time.

Well, I'm kind of jumping around a little: Planned Parenthood can insert the IUD tonight! Appointment at 7PM. I'll cancel my women's exam for next week & schedule a regular annual. I'll make sure to get Iodine & Vitamin D tested.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-24-2013 at 09:58 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! No waiting
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck! My husband and I have loved the ability to forgo condoms. No thinking or pre prep necessary.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Luck! My husband and I have loved the ability to forgo condoms. No thinking or pre prep necessary.
    Yes, definitely looking forward to less worrying in that regard.