Page 510 of 682 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6816

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 510

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I managed to fall asleep sometime around 5 AM. I have had a headache since I got up the second time. It's morphing into migraine territory and Ibuprofen hasn't helped yet. Time for acetaminophen, prayers, and magnesium.

I got back late from the baby sprinkle (which went fine, would not say it was "fun" though) and am now exhausted, not yet dressed in my finery, and have not made my bacon wrapped dates. Those won't take long though. Friends can help, when they arrive.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am pretty certain right now that I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). The fastest treatment option would be antibiotics, but I don't think my doctor will prescribe it unless I test positive on the breath test. It's too expensive for me to do again. Oil of oregano may help (possibly along with a low FODMAP diet). I'm waiting for the peppermint oil to arrive in my vitacost order tomorrow. Maybe I can try one other thing after my next paycheck.

TMI...
    I feel like a total creeper for pulling up old posts. I blame the search function. I've been having a lot of the same symptoms though. It seems all food upsets me a bit, with some more than others, but it's like I only feel well when fasting. I think you mentioned you were doing SCD. Is there anything else you have tried and can suggest?

I can't really get antibiotics either, as I'm pretty sure the army has beer heard of SIBO. Just trying to breach the idea of wheat intolerance was a Picard level exercise in face palming.

Hahah Picard level... I watched some TNG tonight

Welp, I'm taking oil of oregano now. I'm going to be rotating antifungals for a bit and see how that goes. I'll try 3 weeks on a combo and then switch it up. I'll be doing this in conjunction w/ digestive aids such as Digest Gold (enzymes) and possibly Betaine HCL if it feels necessary. It's making me burp after meals (no acid in the burps though) so I'm not sure if that's a sign that I don't need it? With the SCD, I think going back to the "basic" intro meal of chicken soup w/ blended veggies is very very good for me. It's repetitive, sure, but absolutely delicious & very soothing.

I am considering saving up for a stool test as it turns out my insurance will cover a %.

----

Phew, well, I got my drink on tonight, but forgot to hydrate so nearly got sick. It was very close. I always forget that the worst of the drunk hits quite a bit after I've stopped drinking. Fortunately, everyone had left by that time. Yeast flare up isn't that bad this time for some reason. Maybe because I've been guzzling anti-fungals. Maybe that's why I generally still feel like crap. The depression has not entirely lifted, but it's not too awful.

This is the second morning in a row that I've woken up around 4 and not been able to fall back asleep. Fuck you, alcohol. Also, why is it randomly 70F tonight?! I'm roasting!

BM - Type 4 when I was awake too early this morning. [edit] Type 4 in the evening.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.

BM - Just a general thought... I've been pretty regular lately as long as I keep up with my supplements. That's incredibly relieving (physically & mentally haha). I'm very interested to see how the marshmallow root might affect things. It'd be great if I could reduce the mag citrate or eliminate it altogether.

Yeast - Slight flare-up this morning. I think I'll be fine by the end of the week as long as I keep on track with the supplements. I'm not sure when I want to switch to the caprylic acid from the oregano oil. I'll need to get Pau D'Arco soon (cue supplement-buying guilt).

Mood/brain - I'm not 100%, but I'm a lot better than I was at the end of last week. I took 50 mg 5-HTP last night and 500 mg L-Tyrosine this morning. I can tell my brain is getting back to a good level (but not there yet) because I was narrating in my head this AM, but it didn't feel obsessive. I was just planning out my journal entry here, which is something I did for a long time last year. My head wasn't "quieter" until close to summertime, which is when I really started to feel more "recovered". I've been under so much stress since August, it's not surprising that the yeast became an issue & my mood is suffering. I am not sure if I am going to continue with the amino acids for now.

Energy - I feel like I slept better last night w/ the 5-HTP. The Theanine Serene arrives tomorrow and I will probably switch to that. Whatever helps me rest better and sleep longer.

Supplements - I'm going to get allergy meds soon. I like clearing my nasal passages with the neti pot in the morning, but I'd like to stop sneezing as much. Maybe the symptoms will improve as my gut recovers (from the yeast problems & from drinking this past weekend), but I don't want to suffer too much in the meantime. On another note, I keep forgetting to drink my aloe juice twice a day (or at all) because it tastes nasty and I'm kind of trying to avoid it haha. I may try a different brand next time, but the Trader Joe's version is going to be much more affordable. A whole gallon for $8, as opposed to 32 oz which has only 8 servings in it. I might try another just to see if it affects me differently, as I haven't noticed any change in BMs from the aloe.

Exercise - I have basically decided to stop cycling for now. I need to get some warm leggings, an insulated cycling jacket, and full-fingered gloves. I'll have to bike to work when we get the car worked on (next month, fingers crossed).

I still don't know what we're doing with the Mustang aside from not renewing the insurance policy when it is over in November. That extra $50/mo will be nice to have.

Craapppp. I hope this is just crazy allergies. My sinuses are getting pressurized, my throat hurts, and I'm still feeling pretty tired (still). I was tired all weekend and hoped that I could just tough it out this week, but now I'm scared that I'm actually getting sick. I don't have enough food today (wasn't hungry this AM, kind of small lunch), but I am going to guzzle tea like I just got out of a trip in the dessert w/ nothing to drink. I have ginger, peppermint, and Zen, but Zen makes me feel anxious!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    It is cold season.............. As soon as the kids go back to school the viruses go crazy. Try that KE tea that a couple of the ladies talk about.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Nameless Wonders: My awesometastic chicken soup

I wrote up my chicken soup recipe but made it more fun to read :P

Sadly, I realized yesterday that I DO have sensitivity in my gums in a recessed area (not the area that looks worst, at my lower right canine). It's only apparent with certain foods so I am just going to pay attention to what irritates it so see if it gets better by avoiding those foods. I just don't want it to get WORSE.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-23-2013 at 10:08 AM.

I'm re-committing to challenge myself to daily squats. Every day that I do not bike to work, I must do squats in the morning! I can do squats while I oil-pull .

I had a realization about body image yesterday. Hulky and I were bloated from drinking and he was very hungover. We were both laughing at the bloat since we are both pretty fit right now! Hulky recently lost a little extra body fat after setting out to do so. His body responds very quickly to calorie restriction & eating on a schedule. My lower abdomen was bloated, but I could see the outline of my abdominal muscles above that. I really appreciate my body right now (but I hate my intestines for not working well!).

I just went through a bunch of photos of me on Facebook and realized that I'd previously been very critical of them. I look happy. I love my hair. Or maybe they're just a really accurate capture of me at that time. I remember looking at these photos before or when they were taken and thinking "I'm glad you can't see this part of me" "Geez my face looks a bit fat". So foolish. There's no point in spending so much time worrying about that. Health & happiness are more important.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    your mood is definitely improving We are our own worst critics!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation