Page 508 of 794 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 7934

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 508

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member

Dentist day

Primal Fuel
    BM - Between type 3 and 4 on Bristol Stool chart this AM. AAahhh I feel better =P. [edit - later] Type 2 on Bristol Stool chart. I hope this gets better tomorrow, but at least it's something.

Yeast - It felt worse in the evening last night, but now feels better. I remember I would have those kinds of fluctuations before (when I had yeast infections a lot in 2011 and 2012). I feel a little optimistic.

Dentist - I have never gone to a dentist that doesn't make me bleed (they call "Oops sorry I'm stabbing you repeatedly" sensitivity), but I do like my dentist's bedside manner. She said my teeth & gums look great, oral hygiene is "very fair" (what does that mean?!). I feel motivated for the first time ever to go for the 6 month cleaning. I want to see what happens with 6 months of proper brushing & oil pulling. I guess I should floss too. I'll get some to leave by the computer. She said that grafts are only necessary if you experience any sensitivity or want to reduce the appearance of length of the tooth (aesthetic reasons). I don't experience any sensitivity except when I eat badly, so I'll just keep up the mouth maintenance and see how things go. For the canker sore, she said I can come in to get a prescription topical cortisone that will get rid of the sore in 3 days instead of a week. I may do that if I ever get one on my gums again.

Exercise - my thighs have shrunk enough to fit into some jeans that I didn't fit into while I was cycling regularly. I feel guilty. It's stupid. I didn't cycle today because of the dentist appointment. I did hold a wall crawl for 20 seconds though!

Supplements - I decided not to continue with the Vitex, as my mood is improving as the week goes on and I think it's all related to the yeast. If my cycle ends up bad this month, I will consider starting it up again.
    Morning: 4500 mg L-glutamine in water w/ iodine & Vitamin D when I remember; Digest Gold & Betaine HCL w/ pepsin before meal; mag citrate after meal
    Lunch: hydrolyzed collagen in tea at some point during the day; Digest Gold & Betaine HCL w/ pepsin before meal; mag citrate after meal
    Dinner: zinc/copper w/ meal when I remember; Digest Gold & Betaine HCL w/ pepsin before meal; mag citrate after meal
    Bedtime: 3-4 capsules of slippery elm (will increase to full dose of 4 tonight, but have been doing 3 lately)
    In between: tons and tons of anti-fungals I'm trying to take them on an empty stomach. I'll start caprylic acid tonight & oil of oregano tonight as they are both supposed to arrive. In a few weeks, I'll switch one of those to Pau D'arco (not tea form).

I think I'll add a second dose of L-Glutamine after work.

Yeah, so after some reading this week on candida, I decided to test Betaine HCL again as I still have a large bottle of it. When I tried it previously, I got awful heartburn so I stopped. I've been having heartburn after meals lately, though no gas as long as I avoid starches, so I thought maybe low stomach acid may be an issue right now. I took a capsule of Betaine HCL right before my meal, with the Digest Gold, with dinner last night & breakfast this morning. No heartburn after the meal, though I did burp a bit. No burps after breakfast this AM. I'll continue with one capsule for now and try two if there are no ill effects. I am not noticing that "warm feeling" that is referenced in articles online. I hope it does something.
    How to Supplement with Betaine HCL for Low Stomach Acid

Food - I have a chili recipe in the crock pot today. I hope it comes out alright. I haven't cooked yellow or green squash before and have no idea what it'll taste like in a chili.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-18-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sleep - I slept better last night. I've been having crazy dreams & nightmares lightly, but I forgot last night's dream once I woke up. I take that as a good sign.

Other - My parents' cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroid, parasites, and kidney infection a few weeks ago, before I moved. She was put on various medications, but I guess she recently took a turn for the worse and had to stay at the animal hospital overnight on an antibiotic IV. Poor girl. She's an outdoor cat, so it's not terribly surprising, but the cat I grew up with never got sick like that. My mom said it was about $1500 for the treatment! She said if something like this happens again, she'll probably have to get the cat put down because it's too expensive. If Fae ever got sick like that, I would probably see if a shelter would take her in & treat her, or post online to see if someone would adopt her and treat her. Such a depressing thought. I hope she stays healthy for the rest of her life!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah for happy dental visits! Glad you don't need the grafts

You're overall tone is better I think I'm am very similar in that I will try something for a month and if I don't get the results I want or expect then I give up and move on to something else. Doing this over a long time usually results in a very steady decline in mood and motivation - ends in a week of "I don't give a crap!" ........... then I find my way back and try something else. I am happy to say that I still feel good and I think the probiotics are doing their thing

Hope you find you're answer soon too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Thanks, Tomi!

I found out that a co-worker is paleo today. He said he's probably 95%. I guess I am too, since I don't worry about quality if I'm out, but I'm fairly strict by necessity.

SeattleSlim is offline Member
    Hi there -- New person here, just perusing some journals. I put yellow and green squash in chili all the time. Also curries, soups, and spaghetti sauce. It doesn't taste like much of anything, to be honest, but I figure more veg can't hurt!

The small yellow squash and zucchinis are also good cut up and roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic and salt and pepper.

Have an excellent day!

SS
    Starting weight: 195.8
    Weight at end of 21-day challenge: ???

Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSlim View Post
    Hi there -- New person here, just perusing some journals. I put yellow and green squash in chili all the time. Also curries, soups, and spaghetti sauce. It doesn't taste like much of anything, to be honest, but I figure more veg can't hurt!

The small yellow squash and zucchinis are also good cut up and roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic and salt and pepper.

Have an excellent day!

SS
    Oo I can definitely imagine it as a nice texture addition to spaghetti sauce. Thanks for dropping by! It was pretty tasty in the chili.

I'm playing hookie today. I had a hard time falling asleep last night and feel kind of fuzzy in the head. Maybe it's die-off.

I'm feeling down today. I am frustrated that there are so many supplements that will probably help me but I feel too guilty to buy. I need more Digest Gold. I want to get more slippery elm and some marshmallow root. I want to get aloe juice, but that at least is cheap at Trader Joe's in gallon sized jugs!

How to Heal Leaky Gut - The Food Lovers Kitchen

I have to get some baby clothes for my sister-in-law's baby sprinkle that's on Saturday. I was going to customize some onesies with a #4, but not sure I have the time, energy, or materials for that now. She got rid of a lot of clothes from last time, I guess, so she needs small stuff. Not sure if I should go for mostly newborn or a few options for newborn through 6 months or so.

I am disappointed that my friends are not going to participate in the potluck I wanted to do for Saturday evening's party. I'm still kind of feeling like I don't want to have the party, but I do want to see my friends and show off the new place.

BM - Type 1 mid-day.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I generally get an outfit or two for each size range from newborn to 6 months. Or I make a blanket.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    A shower for baby number 4??? That seems odd to me. Around here, it's tradition to only have a shower for baby number 1. It would have been handy to have a second shower when we got pregnant with Makenna b/c all we had was boy stuff. It got really expensive really quickly buying all new clothing and bedding, etc, for a girl.

I think a mix of clothing from various age ranges is a good idea. Does she have a registry? Maybe there is some inexpensive baby gear she needs, like new clippers, bath towels, etc.

Re: the gut stuff. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's candida overgrowth going on in my gut as well. The itching has been unbearable most days, and the constant boiling gut feelings - I assume it's gas. I don't know how you have managed all this time to avoid prescriptions. I keep going back and forth in my mind about seeing my doctor for some Diflucan, but I'm afraid she'll say no b/c I don't have a vaginal yeast infection. I keep reading hoping you have found the secret combo and I can just duplicate your efforts.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's why it's a sprinkle, not a shower haha. No registry, it's not a big thing, she just needs some stuff to get this baby through winter. I think she's due around Halloween so I'm really tempted to get some skeleton stuff. If the baby is born after Halloween, not sure she'd use those clothes though. I thought maybe instead of clothes for the new baby, I'd get a shirt for each kid & put a number on each one (1-4) in different colors, but not sure if that's totally lame. This is supposed to be boy #3, if the ultrasound wasn't somehow incorrect, but she gave away the clothes from boy #1 (who is going to be 6 this year, born in December) & boy #2 (child #3) was born in July, so didn't need winter clothes in small sizes.

Jenn, if you've got itching, go to the doc for a culture. They can tell on the spot if it's candida by checking under the microscope too. TBH, if it's not something you've struggled with before, I'd say get the Diflucan (or ask for two if you want one on my hand, my doc would sometimes let me have two to take another after 3 days) & then focus on repopulating your gut w/ good bacteria & good foods etc. You'll probably be okay. But oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, and/or a combination of those w/ caprylic acid (which is found in coconut oil, so make sure to use that) will help. Just starting the oil of oregano & caprylic acid yesterday, the itching is vastly reduced.