Page 507 of 784 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 7833

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 507

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have not. Interesting. You can get gymnema extract on supplement sites, and even Amazon. Looks like it's commonly used to control blood sugar levels. People have success in using it to kill sugar cravings. I only found a few testimonials on its use for candida overgrowth. Definitely something to bookmark in the old noggin though. Thanks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Danger, danger: sinkhole ahead

Mood - There are warning signs all over the place lately. Anxiety was high yesterday, but today depression is settling in. I need to let Hulky know.

My downward spiral with diet & mood is very gradual right now, but it's still there. I've turned at least one rotation so far. Is it the weak will causing the bad diet causing the bad mood or is it the mood causing all the rest? It would be helpful to know in order to figure out the best treatment. Do I need to borrow Tomi's big girl panties or break out the 5-HTP?

I took L-tyrosine and Vitex this morning. I don't know, there's just that thought that it could be hormonal. Maybe it is the start of the week long PMS again. If it is, I feel really sad that my body is so borked that I can't produce progesterone properly on my own. I don't know what to do about that. I don't know if the L-Tyrosine is helping. I have some here at work, I realized, so I might take another shortly. I felt depressed enough that it diminished my appetite this morning. I could tell I would be hungry if not for the mood.

And maybe if I just demolish this yeast thing, it will all be okay. I honestly think that's very likely, but I'm still left with the question of where to start. My order of caprylic acid will arrive tomorrow and the Puritan's Pride order of oil of oregano is still pending. After taking the caprylic acid for a few weeks, I will need to switch to something else. Maybe liquid Pau D'arco, as I don't think the tea is strong enough this time (maybe I just picked a bad brand, I know one was stronger than the other last time). Or maybe I'll try that gymnema Goldie referenced. I need to do more research on how to use it. I'm exploring the CureZone Candida subforum today.

I had kettlecorn last night. It was great. I got the Stop & Shop brand which has palm oil, not soybean oil. I'm sure corn is bad, bad, bad for my poor gut, but I was tired of fighting.

Links of interest for myself:
    Candida - Candidiasis Prevention, Cure, Curing Protocol, Remedies, Herbs, Alternative Medicine
    Element Two: Probiotics | The Candida Diet
    How To Choose A Probiotic | The Candida Diet
    ThreeLac Probiotics | The Candida Diet - I still have some Threelac left, but I'm finding mixed info about when to take probiotics when you start treating yeast.
    How To Make Your Own Kefir | The Candida Diet
    Candida Treatment Protocol - General Discussion - The Candida Forum - Utilizes molybdenum & nettle leaf; would try the SCD as the "cleanse" diet, going back to mainly chicken soup blend; have not heard of using red thyme oil before
    Constipation Remedies - General Discussion - The Candida Forum - Don't like most of those recommendations, but definitely agree that promoting motility is really important while dealing with candida. It always feels worse when I'm simultaneously constipated.

Gut - I "gave it a break" yesterday after the morning's clear-out. But today I need to make sure there's movement.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Interesting to read your mood stuff... I have been having massive PMS issues lately. The week before my period and my mood is horrific and I dread it. I don't know much about it though. Do you have any good links you could refer me? Any insights?
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

No links, but when I was experiencing severe mood plummets the entire week before my period, I had my hormone levels tested and my progesterone was very low at the time that it should be highest (around ovulation which is ~a week before your period if you're regular, which I am). My doc said to take Vitex every day and it made a huge difference, though it took about a month and a half to kick in. I took it for about 6 months straight, and then again later for a few months. I decided to wean off at the start of August to see if I still need it. So maybe I do, not sure. My last cycle started two weeks early, though I thought it was due to stress. I have no idea if that's what's going on now, but there's definitely a big link to depression/anxiety & candida overgrowth too.

This post is mostly just whining/venting because that's where my brain is at. So, read at your own peril. TW: body image issues.

I have not been active lately. I have not been cycling much either. My thighs are shrinking and I just don't care. Being in mindset I am now, a very small part of me is hoping to get thinner, but most of me is disappointed that I'm losing my cycling muscles so that is relieving. I feel proud about that. I think ditching the scale was a really good idea and I am still planning on continuing not weighing until at least the end of the year. To be honest, I see no reason to weigh at all after that either. So that's an unexpectedly positive result of my atrocious mood.

I find myself wanting to "buy all the things". I want to buy all the possible supplements that could help me, so I don't have to wait, so I don't have to mix & match. I want to buy kefir starter & lots of coconut milk. I want to buy cycling pants/tights & a cycling jersey that I can wear in cooler weather, or a jacket. I want to buy some stainless steel pans so we can stop using deathlon non-stick or whatever cheap shit we have. I need to buy lights & reflectors for my bike because it is getting darker out earlier & it's not very bright in the mornings anymore.

I don't think we can afford these things. Some of it, maybe, after Hulky gets paid next month. I just don't feel like layering & cycling & doing so much extra laundry so I can cycle and be uncomfortable.

It's hopeful to hear him talk about how he wants to put more money into paying off the Civic. We are getting rid of the Mustang, but not sure how yet. Might just give it back to his dad. Don't know what to say to him. I didn't realize it was a project car, that it would need this much work. Nothing has been done since the header & head gasket were replaced last winter. It'd be fun to drive, but we really don't need 2 cars right now. We did earlier this year and we made due. The soonest we'd need two cars is when Hulky graduates, but who knows what's happening then. I will feel better when we get the last of our rent payments to Coach (still waiting on oil payment from land lady, might be up until Oct 15 if she doesn't get new tenants soon). I will feel better when the medical bills are paid off, I'm just waiting for the bills to come in so I can take care of them.

We were going to have a party this weekend and right now, I don't want to see anyone. I don't want to deal with people while I'm stuck sober.

I nearly stayed home today but felt too guilty about having missed two days last month to spend with Hulky (before he left for his trip and when he got back). I need to keep saving up my PTO. Not like we'll be able to afford a honeymoon though.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking you've already read this but I thought I'd share just in case. Within this article he refers to this website. Again - you have likely already seen it.

My sister told me she went to a homeopathic doc and he put her on strict diet based on Dr. Mercola's guidelines. I think she was on the diet for 6 months.

Trust me - I totally understand you're frustration with dealing with something LONG term Especially when its something that seems to take on a life of its own - and completely control you're life. There are answers - we just have to find them. I believe only a really good homeopathic/naturopathic doc is going to be able to fix stuff like this, and they often are not covered by most insurance policies. I also understand you're screw it attitude -- having to be so careful with that goes in the mouth while the rest of the world around you eats whatever they want with no ill effects gets really old really fast!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've checked out the yeastconnection site before. Some helpful collected info, but mostly things I've read about before. I looked up reviews on the book referenced, does not have the best reviews.

I think a naturopath would be a really great idea, but I absolutely can't afford to see one

Can Candida Sufferers Drink Kombucha?

Looks like kombucha might be okay after all. I just have to deal with the initial intro flare-up that will occur =\. Time to read some how-to kombucha guides!

Kefir looks like it'd be a lot easier, but would be pricey to get goat milk.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-17-2013 at 10:48 AM.

My appetite is very low today. Pretty typical for depressed mode. I have little inclination to eat my soup, but I should so the mag citrate doesn't go down on an empty stomach.

I need to go out tonight for more soup makings & I want to make chili this week.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMcGF5uB00Q
    I like her videos. This is a good sentiment. I, like probably many people here, struggle with changing too much at once. I know the fastest results will come from a faster & fuller commitment to a change, but I think I suffer from burn-out too often.