Page 505 of 740 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 7394

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 505

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Yeast - Had an increase in symptoms this weekend. See below for reason for flare-up. I'm ordering caprlyic acid and oil of oregano so I can switch to those at the end of the week. I don't think the grapefruit seed extract tablets are strong enough (the capsules might be stronger) for the extent of this overgrowth. I guess I should try supplementing some acidophilus too, since that's pretty universally recommended with this sort of thing.

BM - (Yesterday - Type 5 after 2 slices of pizza & type 5 again later in the evening. Interestingly, the goat's milk and honey before bed seemed to settle my stomach.) Nothing yet today. I feel constipated, unsurprisingly. Will update this section later if I'm lucky. [edit] Type 7 mid-morning.

Food -So if you read that, I had pizza yesterday. I got an immediate nauseating stomachache after the first slice. I waited it out, had some tea, and had another slice. I don't know why, there were plenty of leftovers I could have eaten. I was craving sweets & salt. I shouldn't be PMSing yet, but my cycle got messed up last month so who knows. I bought some treats at Whole Foods: coconut date rolls (not as delicious as I'd hoped) and banana chia seed pudding. The pudding was very mild & pleasant. I need to make more chicken soup this week.

Sleep - I slept better last night than I have for a week or more. No idea why! I've been having the warm goat milk w/ honey practically every night, so it's not that (though it is very relaxing/soothing). Whole Foods didn't have Theanine Serene and I wasn't sure if just L-Theanine would be sufficient. If this week continues to be rough, I'll get the supplement at Vitamin Shoppe.

Teeth - Two days till my dentist appointment. My canker sore is just the tiniest spot now, very little redness remains in that gum area. If I am careful with my teeth for the rest of my life, maybe I won't need grafts =\. My gums look less thin over the most receded area.

Allergies - I'm just using the neti pot every morning and allergy eye drops as needed. Once my pizza-spedition clears my system, I'll start making note of post nasal drip again. I want to figure out when it correlates with wet weather and if there's any when it's dry out.

Exercise - Getting lazy! It's the fall weather, I am feeling like cozying up, not stretching out. I need cycling pants but hot damn they are expensive. I need pants I can re-wear throughout the week for my commutes so I don't have to wash them daily =\. Looks like my best bet will be to get liners w/ the butt pad & pants to wear over those.

Other - Poor Hulky had a migraine on Saturday and the remnant of one on Sunday. He was totally wiped out. We had a lazy weekend and didn't really get anything done (aside from updating my name & ordering checks at the credit union). We had our first married "fight", though it was really just me being irritable for no apparent reason and not talking to him about it. I misread his reaction and thought he was mad at me when he was just confused about me getting defensive. This is pretty common for us, whenever we fight. I feel guilty that it often comes down to how I approached the situation, but glad that we work it out.

I'm looking for a free blouse pattern online. I have some really light chiffon-like fabric that's some shade of dark pink. It'll be dressier than I usually wear, but good for layering at work. I hate the style of most blouses, so the search is difficult.

What I wore while sewing the other day:
    Custom skimpy shorts made out of giant stretchy pants someone gave ages ago. First, I hand-sewed them into leggings, then I used the legs for another project and now they're hemmed shorts. The sweatshirt was my dad's when he was in high school.

As you can see, I still haven't cut my hair. I'm still torn between buzzing it & seeing how it looks grown out with the gold tips.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-16-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    On the grapefruit extract: there's reason to believe GSE doesn't have the antimicrobial properties it claims to have. Multiple attempts to replicate the experiment have failed to duplicate the results. They theorized that the original experiment was contaminated by chemicals already on the surfaces from cleaning. That might be why the GSE isn't working for you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I swear it's worked for me before, but maybe I was using it in conjunction with other things. It's been a while.

Gut recovery - This weekend we are having our "homecoming" themed house warming party, which makes this week's sewing project reconstructing a prom dress I bought at a thrift store. Either that, or I'll wear my high school prom outfit. I'll see if I can find a picture to upload for you guys. I had short red hair (red like a ruby, not Irish) and wore a black corset with a black silk skirt with some impossibly tall sandals. I still have the skirt and the corset, thought the corset was cheap and is somewhat bent out of shape now. I think it would fit better now than it did then. The skirt now fits on my waist instead of my hips, but not at all if I'm bloated.

I know I'm going to want to eat whatever people bring. It's potluck...so we're counting on our friends to provide most of the food. So far, no one has said they are bringing anything and I am worried that we'll just end up ordering out. Not a huge deal, but I need to have something to eat either way. I was going to make bacon-wrapped stuffed dates as appetizers. For ~12 people, I'm not sure how many to make. I wonder if I can make it work with goat cheese. I am going to try to do what I always fail to do: eat before everyone arrives & have my own snack on hand.

I am also not going to drink, which is disappointing, but I am not going to risk more yeast flare.

My stomach hurts really badly right now and I am waiting for the bathroom trip eagerly.

I went to the bathroom & holy hell my anxiety is high now. Leg bouncing and all. I have nothing to take here at work.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    KE tea might help. It's helped my anxiety in the past
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Unfortunately, I don't have the makings. I do have the car today so I could go to Shaw's and pick stuff up.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Wow nameless!! When I grow up I want to look like you!!! Awesome!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Ok so what happened?? I saw pics & now they are gone! So forget that last comment!! I'm on the iPad & who knows what I saw!! sorry
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Ok so what happened?? I saw pics & now they are gone! So forget that last comment!! I'm on the iPad & who knows what I saw!! sorry
    Was it me in my undies? I think that was several pages back.