Page 503 of 870 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 8693

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 503

  1. #5021
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,703
    Shop Now
    BM - between type 4 and 5 first thing this AM. Will continue with mag citrate at every meal today and another 3 capsules of slippery elm tonight.

    [edit] Yeast = much improved, to the point that I'd say there's no symptoms. I'm continuing with the grapefruit seed extract tablets, 2 tablets 3x daily.

    Oral health - My teeth feel cleaner between brushings from the oil pulling. I don't do it for long, maybe 10 minutes at most each time. Since the oil foams while swishing, I have to pause to take air into my mouth every now and then to keep it moving around. My canker sore looks a lot better, but it's still there. I can't remember having one last this long since maybe when I was a kid.

    I need a hobby. Last night I got frustrated with having nothing to do. I sewed the inseams of a few pairs of pants that have been sitting around for months and am now washing them. I guess it's time to find a good sewing project. I really want to make a blue faux-fur coat, but I'm not liking any faux-fur coat patterns that I'm finding yet.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

  2. #5022
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    12,012
    If you don't mind scaling it, I have a pattern for a hip length, belted coat for a doll. Scaled, it looks much like my winter coat. I can try to figure out how to scan and send a copy, if you're interested.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

  3. #5023
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,703
    An image would make it easier to scale. thenamelesswonders (at) gmail (dot) com


    I'm working on an easy tutorial today. Faux Fur Week Day 4: Boxy Fur Coat Tutorial I have several yards of magenta and blue faux-fur and thankfully, magenta fabric that will make a good liner. I'm making a test coat out of the magenta today, since I want to save the blue for something really awesome. Not sure if I'll wear this, but it'll be pretty fucking awesome.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

  4. #5024
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    7,307
    That will look adorable on you! Be sure to post pics when its done
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

  5. #5025
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,723
    Oh fun!

  6. #5026
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,703
    My measurements were way off. Armpits are such a pain to figure out. Too irritated now to work on it more, but bored!
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

  7. #5027
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,703
    Still too mad about the sewing project. I will have to put it aside and find another. I don't have a lot of spare fabric right now.

    BM - Small one last night, type 3 on Bristol stool chart, after my warm goat milk w/ honey.

    I really want cereal this morning. I want something sweet & crunchy in milk. I could go look for gluten-free cereal at Whole Foods, but the options are pretty sad. I know oats are not an option for me so I can't go for regular granola stuff either. But what I really want is something that Trader Joe's has with almonds & maple sugar and it's definitely not gluten-free.

    I was really, really tired yesterday. I guess my poor sleep is finally catching up with me. I slept in pretty late this morning. Time to shower and get a move on. There are groceries to be bought and stud finders to locate. I want to get the parts to install shelves in the hall closet today.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

  8. #5028
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    7,307
    I know you've tried probiotics for the constipation - but I just wanted to encourage you to try again. I think I've healed my gut by taking a very strong probiotic and drinking 16 oz of kombucha every day. I've been doing this for a month now, and I've had very healthy, totally normal BMs for 10 days straight! and no tummy aches. I even drank a cup of coffee this morning without getting a burn in my gut!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

  9. #5029
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I really want cereal this morning. I want something sweet & crunchy in milk. I could go look for gluten-free cereal at Whole Foods, but the options are pretty sad. I know oats are not an option for me so I can't go for regular granola stuff either. But what I really want is something that Trader Joe's has with almonds & maple sugar and it's definitely not gluten-free.
    I make homemade "cereal" for Sweetie. Chop up a variety of nuts, sprinkle in some cinnamon, drizzle a little oil-of-choice (I use coconut oil) and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. If you want that maple flavor, you could probably substitute maple syrup for the oil. Let cool. Add a small amount of chopped dates, dried apricots, dried cherries. Perfect crunchy + a little sweet, and it never gets soggy in milk!

    The mixture also freezes well. I make a large batch and Sweetie takes out enough for a few days at a time.

  10. #5030
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,703
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I know you've tried probiotics for the constipation - but I just wanted to encourage you to try again. I think I've healed my gut by taking a very strong probiotic and drinking 16 oz of kombucha every day. I've been doing this for a month now, and I've had very healthy, totally normal BMs for 10 days straight! and no tummy aches. I even drank a cup of coffee this morning without getting a burn in my gut!
    Trust me, probiotics are NOT the answer for me right now. A sip of kombucha the other day made my yeast infection flare up. Dealing with bacterial overgrowth, trying to crowd out the bad bacteria is not a good call. I have to reduce the overgrowth first. When that's better, I'll be trying a bit of kombucha daily (and probably try to make it).

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I make homemade "cereal" for Sweetie. Chop up a variety of nuts, sprinkle in some cinnamon, drizzle a little oil-of-choice (I use coconut oil) and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. If you want that maple flavor, you could probably substitute maple syrup for the oil. Let cool. Add a small amount of chopped dates, dried apricots, dried cherries. Perfect crunchy + a little sweet, and it never gets soggy in milk!

    The mixture also freezes well. I make a large batch and Sweetie takes out enough for a few days at a time.
    OMG that sounds goooood. I don't really digest nuts, unfortunately, so the desire is just kind of an idle dream. I will suffer the consequences and make this at some point though
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •