Page 503 of 749 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 7483

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 503

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hope you can find a way to stop the receding and avoid the grafts. No advice other than what my dentist has told me regarding mine - don't brush so hard, don't smoke and don't use straws. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator

Yeast treatment - begin!

Gums - Hulky took a look and said it's a cold sore. I have never had one on my gums before and it feels different so I didn't think it was. The redness is reduced a bit and it's not feeling quite as irritated today. My gums in the others areas of my mouth feel pretty good & look a bit better with my new mouthcare protocol. I'm rinsing & brushing twice a day for now, but may eventually knock that back to one a day or just brush once a day, but still oil pull twice. People on IPMG said coconut oil will be good for a cold sore.

Yeast - I got grapefruit seed extract tablets last night. I picked up the bottle because I recognized the brand, but didn't see it's tablets and not capsules. They seem to work okay since my symptoms are reduced a lot today. I'm going to be taking a lot, 2 capsules 3x daily, for a week, then maybe one or two a day until the bottle is empty. I also got my Pau D'Arco tea and had a cup last night. I'll have two at work today and another one or two in the evening.

Food - Dinner is up to me tonight since Hulky has class until around dinnertime. I got some ground turkey the other day so I'll probably make some turkey burgers (no buns, so Hulky will just have to suffer without). We need to get more meat, squash & frozen veg tonight. I guess we'll get some kind of fresh veg too since I want to stick to my "fresh veg at least once a week" thing. Maybe some asparagus to roast. And now we have a reasonable broiler in our oven!

Exercise - Hulky ordered us a pull-up bar. Not sure where it's going to get yet, but I'm excited! We did some workouts together this morning. Mostly planks (side and regular), with some overhead presses & squats with the barbell. He is not good at sticking with a schedule for working out, so we are going to do our best to do these workouts together. I didn't bicycle today due to rain in the forecast, though apparently the threat of rain has shifted to tomorrow. I probably could have biked, oh well.

BM - Another BM last night after taking some slippery elm & mag citrate. Mix between 4 and 5 on Bristol stool chart. I need to make a chart in the pantry so I can keep track of how much of what I'm taking. I never remember how much mag citrate I've already taken. I'd really like to have my BM's in the morning because that generally feels best.

Wedding - Hulky decided not to get a tungsten ring and is just sticking with his stainless steel ring. Apparently tungsten is quite brittle and he doesn't want it to break. The stainless ring is very beat up after only 8 months of wear, but it can be easily replaced. My ring is ready to be picked up & my ring money has transferred, so I will be getting that after work today!

Weekend - Hulky suggested we go hiking recently so I asked him to look for somewhere for us to go this weekend. We are going to the credit union to update my name on Saturday so we'll probably hike on Sunday.

Mood - Much better so far today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless Wonders: Link love

Note to self, don't add so many peppercorns to your beef bone stock next time. It's got a very weird peppery flavor. At least it's a lot more filling than chicken stock. I wonder why that is!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you're feeling better today. YAY on the ring being ready! I can't wait to see pics!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I forgot to include

Sleep - still not sleeping well. I'm tempted to blame it on the weather. I hope this sorts out soon. I'm only energized by the amount of things to do at work today, but otherwise pretty exhausted.

Gut supps - 200 mg of mag citrate at lunch and dinner. Two capsules of slippery elm at bedtime. Another 200 mg of mag citrate at breakfast today. Will have w/ meals again today until I can find the right dose.

BM - Nothing yesterday =\ [edit] Between type 3 and type 4 on Bristol stool chart this AM. Will continue mag citrate at 600 mg per day (probably after meals). [edit] Another of same consistency some time after lunch. [edit] Another of type 4 in the evening, after 3 slippery elm capsules and more mag citrate w/ dinner. A full dose of slippery elm is 4 capsules.

Yeast - Better still. I forgot to bring my grapefruit seed extract to work so I'll take 4 tablets when I get home, or two when I get home and two before bed.

Body - My hand started aching yesterday. I've been eating well, wth is this about?! I also had a small outbreak of acne (like two pimples) and ANOTHER canker sore showed up, this time inside my lip. It's actually almost gone now. The one on my gums looks better. My gums overall look better just from a few days of oil pulling & brushing in this method.

How to brush your teeth to reduce gum disease video | Videos
    For reals, watch the video. Try it out. It's easy & has an immediate effect. My teeth no longer feel like they have any residue stuck on them after brushing. I also think my teeth have gotten whiter, but that could be a combination of oil pulling & brushing well, plus my gums are less pale so the contrast makes my teeth brighter. I'm now excited to go to the dentist, provided my canker sore heals by then! I hope it's a good visit.

Sleep - Still shitty. I woke up with a charlie horse cramp in my left calf early this morning.

Exercise - Didn't do anything else yesterday and nothing this morning. Maybe tonight.

Food - I had time for breakfast this morning. 3 eggs scrambled and 3 breakfast sausages.

Stovetop - I did some research about it. It's a ceramic top. It collects burn marks SO EASILY and they DON'T CLEAN OFF. I'm pissed. What a terrible design. If your pans or kettle or pots are not 100% immaculately clean (even if they have burn marks on them), they will leave marks on the stove. I'm going to bring some pans over to my parents' house this weekend to run through the dishwasher & attack my glass kettle with some baking soda to try and get rid of the burnt-on oil. In the past, this has been reasonably successful. We really need a baking rack to put next to the stove so the kettle has a home that's not on the stovetop while I'm cooking.

The ring - (clicky click) Hard to get a good picture of a contour ring. Haha, my e-ring is a bit dirty, but I love how they look together. I feel more married! :-p
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful rings!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

ombat is offline Senior Member
    That really is a gorgeous ring and it's so nice to see something truly unique. I hope you love it!
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Thanks, everyone I really do love it.

So I went out to lunch with co-workers for the first time. Some place that serves excellent lamb ribs. And they were excellent! Someone spotted me "as a wedding present" . It felt nice to be included in their group since I really don't socialize much. I had a good time and the food was great. I was REALLY hungry though! I ate everything except one slice of potato. Yeah, I had starch. Right now, my stomach is catching up (I finished last so I really didn't eat fast) so I'm just starting to not feel hungry, but I'm still tempted by the banana in my work bag. I also had a salad w/ feta cheese (excellent feta, very moist, I almost never like it) and some unknown kind of light tasting dressing.

My hands just started aching again so I'm going to take another 200 mg of Ibuprofen. That was enough to knock it off for a few hours this morning.

Finances - My bond stuff has come in. Hulky and I have made a decision on how we want to spend the money. I think we are about to be free of all medical debt, which is such a huge relief for both of us. Hulky has been paying some of these off for two years (shoulder surgery). Then we can get the car fixed and start saving some money!

BM - between type 4 and 5 first thing this AM. Will continue with mag citrate at every meal today and another 3 capsules of slippery elm tonight.

[edit] Yeast = much improved, to the point that I'd say there's no symptoms. I'm continuing with the grapefruit seed extract tablets, 2 tablets 3x daily.

Oral health - My teeth feel cleaner between brushings from the oil pulling. I don't do it for long, maybe 10 minutes at most each time. Since the oil foams while swishing, I have to pause to take air into my mouth every now and then to keep it moving around. My canker sore looks a lot better, but it's still there. I can't remember having one last this long since maybe when I was a kid.

I need a hobby. Last night I got frustrated with having nothing to do. I sewed the inseams of a few pairs of pants that have been sitting around for months and am now washing them. I guess it's time to find a good sewing project. I really want to make a blue faux-fur coat, but I'm not liking any faux-fur coat patterns that I'm finding yet.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 09-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.