Page 502 of 767 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 7662

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 502

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    -Ibuprofen = taken. Discomfort has reduced a bit.
    -Reading on neem. I have a few options for different "teeth treatments". The concept of leaving the Dr. Christopher's powder on overnight is appealing to me. I would have to order it, but could get it in two days. Or there's a neem tooth powder at Whole Foods, for only about $5. I suppose I could always try the cheap one first.
    -I WILL buy Pau D'Arco tea tonight and drink at least two cups tonight.
    -I wonder if Whole Foods has Theanine Serene because I am still not sleeping well...but again, it's probably all linked.
    -I am going to eat at least two crushed garlic cloves raw tonight. That should be...interesting. I expect some stomach pain, but it's helped with yeast symptoms in the past.

I can bike to Whole Foods straight after work and start my "treatments" immediately. I'm just not sure if I should go ahead with one of the teeth things or just focus on the yeast. I don't want to irritate my gums anymore than they already are.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps getting the yeast issue taken care of will fix the gum problem. I say tackle the yeast first.

I don't recall if you have tried to tackle the yeast problem with dietary changes.......... seems like you have. I know there is entire protocol on killing candida overgrowth. This looks like a good protocol to me. Try to trace back to when you had the yeast thing under control - what were you eating at that time? Has it changed since? Have you been eating more fruits or refined sugars? You may have to maintain a very low sugar diet - natural or otherwise to control the yeast overgrowth that you seem to be prone to developing.

The gum problem sounds horrible.......... I hope you can find something to bring that under control soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The SCD is an anti-candida diet. My symptoms have overall been fine this year, after lots of infections last year (they mostly stopped around the time that the chronic constipation started). I may have triggered it with starch & alcohol consumption (also had some banana chips, those may have had sugar on them) over the weekend this time, but my diet is actually better now than it was earlier in the year. Aside from last weekend's divergence, I am not eating any added sugars and very little fruit. According to the SCD, some fruit is okay when dealing with candida, especially if cooked. I may mash up a banana to have once a day, but will avoid applesauce for now just due to the acidity.

BM report: Had one this morning, after a snack of roasted carrots (olive oil, S&P) w/ Digest Gold, peppermint oil capsule, a cup of ginger tea, and 200 mg of mag citrate. #5 on Bristol stool chart.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if you have something jammed into your gum that is causing the problem and not necessarily an actual issue that would require dental intervention. I have two spots in my mouth that get inflammed easily (one where there's a filling VERY close to the gum line and one around my crown). Those areas get inflammed easily due to the stimuli provided by the filling/crown. Usually a good flossing will help alleviate the issue - makes me wonder if small food particles are getting caught between the gum and the dental work.

That being said, receding gums can be caused by brushing too hard (I brush too hard) and a flexible tooth brush usually helps. Mentadent used to have a good toothbrush for those who brush too hard. It was very flexible. I'm sure there are others.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I should not have looked at the stool chart while eating cherry tomatoes... *gag*

I'm not going to comment anymore on receding gums today because I've BTDT (been there, done that) for a long time and I'm super irritable .

Unfortunately, the gumline in this particular tooth is so low that flossing does not affect it.

Not trying to contradict you - I'm sure you know what's going on. Just wondered since the pain is acute if it's caused by a foreign particle. Haven't heard you complain about tooth issues before so I thought I'd at least mention it as a possibility. Either way, good luck.

Yes, I brush too hard also. I have a few receding areas but nothing that causes pain or irritation. I have found buying the dollar store tooth brushes helps because they tend to be softer than say the brand I buy in bulk at Costco. I stock up on brushes when I go into the dollar store - tooth brushes and hair brushes! oh yeah - and toilet brushes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I don't write about my teeth, but my gums will occasionally feel irritated, I just tend to ignore it. I had gum grafts done when I was 12 or 13 to prep for braces. The dentist said my gumline was too far receded to put braces on safely & have my teeth moving around. I don't remember what it looked like then, but since the grafts, they've been slowly receding again. So this is freaking me out.

My youngest SD is about to have grafts on her lower front teeth. She was born without the ability to grow some of her secondary teeth - so when the baby teeth fell out there were spaces but no teeth to fill them in. At first they thought she was missing a total of 6 teeth - but after carefully x-raying her mouth they found that she is only missing the bottom 2 front teeth. She's been wearing a bridge to fill the space, but will be getting permanent implants in the next year - they need to build up the gum line before they can do that - so, grafts are being done. She's had so many procedures done to her mouth!!! She had a very short lower jaw, causing a serious overbite. She couldn't eat a sandwich to save her life cuz she couldn't bite with the front of her mouth. Years of braces and jaw lengthening procedures, plus veneers on her front teeth! She is almost done with it all! She still has a slight overbite, but they've done all they can do to fix that. She has a beautiful smile now

I hope you're grafting is easy and heals quickly.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation