Page 501 of 738 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 7380

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 501

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    25 is my guess too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Trying not to panic about my goddamn gums. I want to go home and rinse my mouth! Too much anxiety today.

Zellies Complete Mouth Care System Ultimate Oral Health Guide
    I wonder if this would help me. I already have classic Listerine.

Maybe I should get a xylitol based toothpaste to use with the OraWellness brushing oil blend I have. The oil is great, but I haven't been brushing properly and something else is going on. I'm inclined to blame this on my gut. I would rather get a tooth pulled than deal with gum grafts again. They are probably very expensive.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I use the baking soda as a scouring powder with a damp sponge.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Do you know why your gums receded the first time? I was curious so I looked it up online. There are many possible causes, and, for some of those, it may be possible to remove/fix whatever is causing it.

No idea, since it started when I was a kid. Refined sugar makes it worse and I wonder if the beer triggered this recent inflammation. But it's still been receding since paleo, though perhaps less quickly than it would have otherwise.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I suffered with bleeding gums on brushing my teeth for a few years prior to going primal. Now my diet is so much cleaner, I have a confession to make: I brush my teeth once a day, usually in the morning, and use this:

Euthymol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't be deceived by the old fashioned packaging, its the most effective mouthcare / antiseptic toothpaste available, and has no fluoride in it. The antiseptic properties are from the thyme herb, and its really powerful stuff. Its very concentrated and takes some getting used to.

My teeth have been fine ever since.
    Last edited by Owen; 09-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Interesting. I asked on IPMG on Facebook and someone pointed me to Dr. Christopher's Herbal Tooth & Gum powder. It looks promising.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Sure thing there may be other herbs that work, I've read somewhere that chewing parsley stalks is good for your mouth and gut health, I do this also. But anything with thymol (thyme extract) is going to be effective.

Another thing I'm reading about is neem, but I think that's more for whitening?

I picked up some coconut oil tonight exclusively for oil pulling & watched the OraWellness videos. I will be using Listerine, then brushing gently/properly with the OraWellness blend and then oil pulling. Not sure if that's a good order, but whatever.

The WHOLE FUCKING REASON why I went to Whole Foods tonight was for Pau D'Arco tea and I forgot it. Anxiety is still quite high.

I'm still pretty damn anxious about this gum thing. My mouth felt okay first thing in the morning, thought it didn't look any better, but now my jaw feels sensitive again. I guess I'm just going to be guzzling Ibuprofen for now, I can't deal with this. There is a small white spot in the middle of the red area. It doesn't hurt, just the whole area feels inflamed & irritated.

Possible factor: a sip of Kombucha this morning. I think it's probably too acidic for me right now. If this is an infection, more bugs (probiotics) probably aren't a good idea.

Morning teeth routine: Swish with classic green Listerine, oil pull for however long I can stand with coconut oil (got Trader Joe's, finding the taste much less overwhelming than I used to), brush gently & properly with OraWellness brush & oil blend. My teeth feel great and the rest of my gums feel great, but that one super irritated spot feels no different.

TMI: The yeast symptoms are getting worse now. I can't help but feel that this is all linked. I want to get something to help with the yeast, but I'm honestly not sure what to do. What worked in the past may not work now. The Dr. Christopher's products are kind of tempting, especially this one. It has the same herbal ingredients as a lot of candida treatments. Maybe I should just go to the doctor and get Diflucan, but I am trying not to miss any work and grrrrr this is so frustrating.

I need to start noting when I have a bowel movement because I can't remember if I have or have not most days. I don't think I did yesterday. My gut feels okay, I don't feel constipated, but I probably should be going! I took 400 mg of mag citrate and a capsule of Slippery Elm last night. I will probably take a mag citrate with a meal today and more in the evening. I think things are hung up because of the yeast. Maybe I will also take a shot of coconut oil tonight =\.

I think my mood is awful because of and also due to the yeast.