Page 500 of 782 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 7818

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 500

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I make my stocks in a slow cooker using either a whole chicken or a mix of wings and necks or whatever mammal bones I have. I get at least a few inches of jello every time. The first time I didn't know what to expect so I though I'd done something wrong haha. It may be the dilution because I usually get a thick layer of jello and a thin layer at the bottom of liquid.

I also second the baking soda. If you aren't worried about 100% natural, bar keepers friend is cleaning pixie dust. I've never scratched anything with it so it should be fine for cooktops, especially ceramics.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think part of the stove top is ruined, looks like the little pitting spots got messed up by some of this burnt on stuff. The rest of the stove is fine, totally clean, but there are black rings around two burners. Some feels raised, some feels like it got ground in.

Nameless Wonders: Summer’s end
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Try a mr clean magic eraser. Or easy off oven cleaner. Noxious fumes, but it'll probably make a world of difference if you can't use a razor blade.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I tried a Magic Eraser already, did not appear to help. I'm destroying that thing on various spots & splashes I'm finding around the apartment, but too lazy to buy more. They are also pretty pricey! I found that sponge from Trader Joe's (the expanding kind) and some castille soap works REALLY well on most wall markings. I got some rusty water splash off the wall by a radiator that Hulky couldn't with other cleaners. He'd been trying for a while, as he's worked in this apartment for Coach on and off over the years.

I'll try baking soda tonight and oven cleaner in a small spot if that doesn't help. Hulky is going to be out so I might do some other cleaning with vinegar (the smell bugs him).

Mood: Something I forgot to recap yesterday. Overall, my moods have been good. If I'm feeling anxious, I'm quick to recognize it and I can mostly wrangle in the feelings until they pass, or therapy myself and sort out the cause & a resolution. I haven't been feeling depressed often, and it's only triggered by a lot of stress or specific events. When it happens, it passes quickly. That said, my mood was iffy yesterday. I could tell in the morning I had anxiety because I couldn't shut off my brain. Cycling helps somewhat, but as cycling gets easier, my thoughts get louder. Being at work was helpful because I was fairly busy throughout the day and I think being at work is kind of a routine for my mind, makes it easier for me to be calm. I felt anxious again at home & had to fight myself not to be pissy with Hulky about food things. Anyway, I think the iffy moods yesterday and a bit this morning is due to the beers over the weekends. I think I'll be fine by the end of the week.

We have a bad habit of letting meat go bad in the fridge before using it or putting it away in the freezer. Usually after getting groceries, we don't bag it up and put it away immediately because we are tired or need to do something else. Or we're just lazy. Hulky hates bagging the meat for some reason. If we make an agreement that I always bag the meat, I will absolutely do it ASAP, but I want him to be doing something in trade. I also feed the cat & clean her litter box so I think he should get assigned some apartment duties. Then again, he does have to do the yard care, but that's between him and Coach.

We had eggs & sausage for dinner last night. Hulky made great scrambled eggs by putting the eggs on when the pan was not quite hot enough and stirring the entire time. I'm usually lazy and don't stir the whole time, just chop them up as they get omelette-y. I was still hungry after and ate a bunch of grape juice gelatin squares that I made over the weekend. I had some Sinus Soother Sleepytime tea as well. I felt very puffy after that, probably from the juice in the gelatin squares. I was suddenly retaining water all over. I was fine in the morning.

I messed up and did something wrong with my supplements this morning. I only took a B-complex (just one left) and Zinc/Copper. About 30 min later, I felt sick to my stomach. I used to get that feeling if I'd take my multi-vitamin on an empty stomach. I think yesterday I had eaten already or ate not long after taking the supplements. I also did not take any L-Glutamine this morning. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to eat something w/ them. I'll experiment later to see if L-Glutamine & supplements together are okay on an empty stomach.

I keep forgetting I have a Gingerade kombucha in the fridge. I've had a few sips from it over the past couple of days. So tasty.

Despite not sleeping very well, I got up at 6:30 today and was out the door by 7:23! Woo. I had time to do some exercises, so I did plank holds and wall crawls. Not much, but it's a start.
    Planks: 30 sec and then 20 sec
    Wall crawls: 2x holds of 10 sec
    Squats with empty barbell: 5

Hulky and I did some presses with the barbell yesterday. The bar came from the basement of the apartment, previous tenants had left it. Hulky estimates that it's around 15 lbs, but I think it's more like 25. Using the bar and standing in a doorframe (facing one of the sides) helps me keep my squat form. I think doing overhead presses will help me build up some strength for handstands.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you had an awesome summer!

Zinc supplements can cause nausea when taken on an empty stomach. High-dose zinc supplements can cause nausea even if taken with food. I have a lot of personal experience with zinc overdoses. Hah! Yours is only 15 mg so it's definitely not too high. Just take it with food, and you should be okay. You don't have to take it in the morning if you don't always eat breakfast. You could take it with dinner.

I tend to forget if I don't take supplements with others, but since I take Digest Gold with dinner, I'll just take it with that.

Today's blog was interesting. Made me worry about my teeth though. My most recessed gum area is bothering me today. I should probably suck it up (financially) and just go to the dentist soon.

I went ahead and made an appointment, but the soonest they had was the 18th @ 9 AM. The receded gum area is very red today. I hope it improves soon because they're very uncomfortable right now. I wish I could figure out what would make my gums healthier. I'm tired of fighting with them. I really hope I don't end up needing more grafts.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Is it a standard length barbell? If it is, it's probably 45. If it's shorter, it could be 25 or 35. Hop on a scale and see what it says!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I have never held a barbell before, but it does not feel as heavy as 45 lbs. I don't really know what that feels like though .

We don't have a scale and neither Hulky nor myself are weighing right now.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A gallon of water is about 8 pounds --- so 2 gallons would be 16. Is the barbell about as heavy as 2 gallons of water/milk? I'm guessing you're barbell is probably 25 pounds.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.