Page 498 of 679 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 498

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    After eating a few more cookies last night, I threw the rest out. I feel good about that choice.

I was ravenous after work yesterday. I had two hard boiled eggs in the morning and could not eat the third. My lunch of butternut squash, chicken, and a banana was very filling, but I was really hungry at the end of the day. Maybe from cycling? I ate an avocado before grocery shopping, which was probably a bad call (left me feeling somewhat sick). I don't think I should eat the whole thing in one sitting. I'm throwing out the last avocado, I don't think they're a good thing to test right now if I can't ration it out. I ate half a spaghetti squash w/ marinara sauce & turkey meatballs for dinner. I still felt hungry, though my stomach was overly full. That's what lead me to the cookies, which added a sick feeling to the full-but-hungry.

Sinuses: my post nasal drip has not been too bad lately, but it does fluctuate. I have not been consistent enough with my diet to say if it's just the weather or my diet, but it's definitely been better since I started trying the SCD. That could correlate to the season, of course. I have ragweed allergies and they are blooming now, but perhaps that allergy affects me less than pollen common earlier in the summer?

I went to bed late last night so I was too groggy for a run this morning. My stomach & gut felt bad so I did not eat. My appetite briefly flared a moment ago, but is gone again. Stupid constipation. Time for some ginger tea. I felt pretty weak on my ride in, but my time was not worse than usual. My time yesterday was AMAZING. I cut 5 minutes off each way!

After work today: withdrawing funds from old bank accounts & closing them. Hulky is making tacos (I'll just have the meat w/ some squash) & we have an Elder Scrolls Online beta testing session. We also want to see Riddick, so we'll probably go to a late showing. So much for sleep!

Tomorrow: King Richard's Faire with the Hulkys. It's weird to think that the nephews and niece are mine now too . I need to think about what snacks I could bring. If we get back early enough, I'll swing by the jewelers to ask about an engraving. My wedding band will be ready, but I don't have the money yet. I need to call Baba about Hulky's ring since he picked one from a seller on Etsy.

Sunday: Veg day (and I think we'll both go for a run, I've only put in one this week). We are planning a housewarming party (which I have themed Homecoming so I am totally buying balloons & wearing a silly dress) for 2 weeks from now so we'll probably get the invites out on Facebook.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Fun theme!

Lots of good things.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hunger, for me, is easily controlled by increasing fats. Not sure what you normal diet is but I'd recommend increasing fats somewhat in each meal. Increasing fats means decreasing carbs. I'm not so fond of whole avacados either unless there small and for dinner, and then I put a homemade dressing on them.

If you have a Walmarts around, go soon. Ours had a booth set up with amazing products from England and Ireland. Butter, salami, etc., all perfect paleo and wonderful, at a good price. It's probably a trial. As I picked up a beautiful salami a woman walked by and said "That's very high in cholesterol." I said quickly, "Yes, isn't it great!". She looked surprised, displeased, and left. They're a wonderful source of great fats.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 09-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I haven't been focusing on fats much lately, perhaps it's time to pay more attention to that. I am going to make ghee, as I want to actually stick to being dairy-free. Butter many not have any noticeable affect for me, but it feels like cheating. Minimizing my exposure seems like a good thing.

There are some Walmarts in my area, but not close enough that I ever feel like going. I also don't like to support those stores for various reasons. Salami sounds delicious right now.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I find that excessive aerobics make me hungry. Walking and strength training does not have this effect. Probably has to do with cortisol levels.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I guess I have been more active lately... not surprising that I would get more hungry. Which, as usual, means I'm not eating enough. Eating is honestly such a hassle sometimes. There is too much that I want to do. Wow, that's pretty damn whiny & privileged.

We got our security deposit back today Now just waiting for our former land lady to get new tenants so we can get paid back for what's in the oil tank. Should be a good chunk of money, since the tank is full!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I wish I was like you and felt that eating is a hassle. Sometimes I feel like I live to eat. It would be nice if I could forget to eat or be too lazy to eat every once in a while.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering if you mean "hungry" or craving something else??? To me, hunger is an empty feeling in my stomach - and the rumbly, grumblings that accompany that feeling. If you "craving" more to eat then I'd say, you're not giving your body what it needs. Perhaps fats would help ?? Try making those Cream Cheese Clouds .......... although you said you want to cut out dairy, so that's probably not an option. Maybe some fatty pork butt, slow cooked and seasoned with onion and garlic, salt and pepper?

Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? Maybe you're lacking in some vitamin or mineral and your body is saying "more please, I still need XYZ" ???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Fatty pork butt! I bet you can find that at King Richard's Faire. Roasted meats aplenty! Might have to go next weekend.

PrimalCon New York
    Roasted turkey legs is where it's at

Yeap, cream cheese clouds are out. Too much like crack anyway, I ate too many at once the last time I made them and dairy is not my friend. It was definitely a hunger feeling and not a craving, like the top of my stomach was still growling, but the rest was jam-packed. Very weird.