Page 497 of 749 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 7486

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 497

namelesswonder is offline Moderator

Back at work (sigh)

Primal Fuel
    Thanks [[preens]] (but omg please don't read the whole thing! I realized last week that I'm coming up on 500 pages!) I almost took my photo down yesterday. I feel a little weird about it being on the internet now, even though there are bikini shots of me up here on MDA as well. I may still delete it, not sure. I think it's just because I'm recently married & thinking about what boundaries I'm comfortable with. It's not really any different than before we were married, but somehow it still seems like it is.

Thanks for the tip, Jenn. I'll get Saltsticks or something like that when I can. At least they'll last a while as I'm not going to need it that often. The coconut water definitely helped, but that's too expensive to get regularly (sad, because I found it tasty). My muscles are very sore from Monday's run, so no running today. I tried just jogging across a road yesterday when Hulky went up the street for beer and it HURT. Maybe I overdid it. My knee hurt on the stairs this morning, but the pain went away by the time I was up at the 3rd floor, so maybe it was just stiff. Hopefully, I can run tomorrow. I didn't cycle today because I left my helmet & cycling clothes at work last week. They'll come home with me today so I can cycle tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain.

Just as I feared, now that Hulky is back I am being more lax with my diet. I've had alcohol a few times since he got back. I probably should not be having it at all, but since I know that's not going to happen, I need to limit myself to once a week or less so I can monitor how it affects my gut. When we got burgers two nights ago, I could have "built" one instead of picking one of the options on the menu, so as to avoid cheese & sauce, but I didn't think of it. Now that I've realized I can do that, avoiding dairy should get a lot easier. That said, I think we are eating out with the other Hulkys () tonight for FIL's birthday. No idea where we're going, but I'm sure I can make something work. I'll be sure to bring a peppermint oil capsule & Digest Gold!

I haven't been taking mag citrate for the past few days, but I haven't needed it. I went crazy on the pumpkin cookies I made yesterday and the almond meal made me REALLY gassy. If I don't have a BM today, I'll need to take the magnesium again (will start at 200 mg) to get things back to where they were and get rid of the cookies. One step at a time. My next trial foods are avocados & mashed bananas. I think I'm going to chop & freeze the bananas so I can blend them for "ice cream" . I have an avocado with me today and will eat some with breakfast (HB eggs) and some with lunch. A whole avocado might be a bit much, but serving sizes mean nothing to me rawr!

Tonight, I will roast a butternut squash to have with dinner & lunch. Hulky and I need to go grocery shopping so I will get more squash & meat and everything (fridge is empty as usual). I think I'll make us spaghetti & meatballs this week. Hulky will need pasta. He told me yesterday that he didn't eat much wheat while he was up in Maine and I reminded him that he doesn't really eat much wheat here either. Just when we eat out or order out, or if he bakes.

Hrm, I could go for some sausage (yes, that's what she said), but I don't know if I'll be able to find any without additives.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey, you look great! The running will get easier. After a while, you won't feel sore anymore. If you need extra potassium, you can get some "light salt." It's 50% potassium chloride and 50% sodium chloride. That's what I use. It's cheap.

There's some of that faux-salt at work. In the past, when I've used it, it's given me muscle cramps, but now that I'm more active, maybe I actually need it . I will try some on my avocado today.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think you're pic is just fine Its not like you're showing too much of the "personal" bits or anything its just shows a very fit, lean, healthy body! Hell, if I looked liked you I'd be plastering my picture all over !!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Recent discussions around the forum have me thinking about practicing handstands. I could get my legs straight when I was a kid and hold it for a second, but never for longer. I think I'm going to start with planks & wall crawling to build up some strength. It felt good in a "you just worked those muscles" kind of way just from trying to do some handstands last week in the empty living room. Maybe Hulky will practice with me. This would be great for my core & upper body!

Ugh, I was so stupid with those cookies yesterday. I'm definitely constipated today. I took magnesium citrate with my lunch (the last of the stew I made on Saturday) and am hoping to feel some relief this evening. I still want to eat those damn cookies though! Today was not the best day to try out avocados, as I'll have no idea how they sit with me, but they're going to go bad if I don't eat them!

I'm pretty sleep right now. I have been sleeping a bit unevenly lately, from the excitement of moving & Hulky getting back. I slept really well last night and woke up easily, but went to bed a little late. I'll do better tonight!

Evil, evil starch

Dinner with the in-laws last night was fun. We ate at a Chili's. I got a rib-eye w/ steamed broccoli & loaded mashed potatoes. So yes, I had dairy (not that much) and starch. The starch was very very bad for me and I was super gassy & bloated afterwards, despite the peppermint oil capsule & Digest Gold I took before eating. I also felt hungry when I think I should not have, based on how much I ate. Before dinner, I caved & had 3 of my pumpkin cookies and immediately felt like my gut was heavier. My throat also felt itchy. Could be the almond meal, pumpkin, or palm shortening (that would be odd, but who knows?)...? My gut still feels kind of off this morning and I think I will need mag citrate for at least a few days to get back on track.

Today, I'm testing bananas & avocados (again). My gut is not in a good state to really monitor for reactions, but the food is going to go bad =\. I'll freeze the bananas tonight.

I woke up a little early this morning to roast a butternut squash (I know why they call them that now: they really do smell like butter). It should have been in the oven for another 10 minutes at least, but I think I can nuke it the rest of the way when I heat up lunch (leftover roasted chicken that I made last week). We really need to get groceries tonight. It'll just be some basics: eggs, onions, carrots, a chicken, various squash, ground turkey for meatballs, and potatoes for Hulky. I also need more frozen semi-ground chicken necks & backs for Fae. Due to my early wake-up, I was able to eat breakfast this morning. Actually, I would have gone running, but I was RAVENOUS. I took more peppermint oil & a Digest Gold before breakfast & I think the PO capsule is helping my gut calm down... Time for some tea.

I started my handstand training. I think if I can find a handstand progress course like the Couch to 5k program is for running, I will follow it. Right now, I'm just trying to rely on my own assessments for progression and that's difficult for me. I did a few plank holds & some wall crawls, just getting my legs to parallel with the ground to start with. I want to improve the headrush before I walk my legs up farther and bring my hands closer to the wall. This would probably go better with shoes on (but I don't want to mark up the wall) & a yoga mat under my hands. I have a mat at least. My shoulders felt like they were getting a good stretch, supporting my body.

If not for the squash (and my appetite) this morning, I could have gone running before it started to drizzle. I did bike to work though and made great time, even though I felt like I was slacking. It's the first day of school around here and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic. If I'd checked the forecast, I probably wouldn't have ridden. I really need lights & reflectors for my bike.

I slept really well last night. I think my sleep is getting back on track. My energy is fairly good.

This weekend, we are going to King Richard's Faire, the annual Ren faire. Hulky's brother, parents, and sister & kids are going. Not sure if the other sister is going too. I will definitely eat a giant turkey leg while there, but think I'll try to bring some snacks so I don't resort to eating french fries. I will drink if we can figure out the transportation so I don't have to drive. I know they have cider so I can stay gluten-free!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    About the pumpkin cookies/throat: what kind of sweetener did you use? My throat always felt weird after erythritol. Also, almond meal and coconut flour always upset my stomach. Now I just use gluten free flour and coconut sugar for the rare occasion I make something for me (last time was my birthday coconut cream cake with coconut whipped frosting).

Your dinner sounds delicious! Chili's is actually a great option for primal eating out. I love their fajitas and I always get it and just not eat the tortillas. I also love the ribs (Texan gal here) despite the sketchy BBQ sauce. I didn't realize they have ribeyes!? I will have to look for that next time.
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I used honey (not raw). I've been using honey for any kind of sweetener lately (basically just in tea from time to time) and haven't noticed this before...but it could be the honey. That would suck. I'll try a small spoonful on its own to see how that goes. No other sweetener that I'm aware of is SCD compliant. I should be using raw honey anyway (though cooking probably kills the enzymes).

I can't use any other kind of gluten-free flour as they will be starchy. Coconut flour might be okay...not sure. Looks like it's SCD compliant. I did make some delicious coconut flour pumpkin muffins last year that I would totally be willing to reprise . Investing in coconut flour is an endeavor for future-Tasha though.

Chili's has revamped their menu since the last time I was there, seems like there are more options. I think next time, I'd go for the fajitas & just not eat the tortillas. I'm not totally sure that onions sit okay with me, but I will test that soon if I can find some quality sausages to eat them with .

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... Potatoes... Onions... Do you have a nightshade allergy?

The high amount of fiber in both almond and coconut flour doesn't sit well with my stomach and dries my throat. I stopped using it and just stopped eating baked goods other than maybe once every 2 months. I used to be the queen of baking...

Now I have to go check out chili's!!! I am not sure if they have one in NYC though (so hard to find chains here).
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Tomatoes didn't seem to bother me, but I only had those in the form of an organic marinara sauce. When I was eating starches plenty over the past few months, I ate regular potatoes more than sweet potatoes. I can't say for sure it wasn't a nightshade thing... I think the starch from tubers might still be a problem, but since I had achy joints & arthritis can be indicative of a nightshade sensitivity, I suppose it's possible. I'll continue with my food testing and try the nightshades later. Onions are in the FODMAPS category, not a nightshade though.

I think the fiber content of the coconut flour might be problematic for me, but we'll see. I don't plan on baking anything else for a while, I was just wanting something sweet to nibble on. The recipe was in the SCD book .