Page 497 of 931 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Fun theme!

Lots of good things.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hunger, for me, is easily controlled by increasing fats. Not sure what you normal diet is but I'd recommend increasing fats somewhat in each meal. Increasing fats means decreasing carbs. I'm not so fond of whole avacados either unless there small and for dinner, and then I put a homemade dressing on them.

If you have a Walmarts around, go soon. Ours had a booth set up with amazing products from England and Ireland. Butter, salami, etc., all perfect paleo and wonderful, at a good price. It's probably a trial. As I picked up a beautiful salami a woman walked by and said "That's very high in cholesterol." I said quickly, "Yes, isn't it great!". She looked surprised, displeased, and left. They're a wonderful source of great fats.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 09-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I haven't been focusing on fats much lately, perhaps it's time to pay more attention to that. I am going to make ghee, as I want to actually stick to being dairy-free. Butter many not have any noticeable affect for me, but it feels like cheating. Minimizing my exposure seems like a good thing.

There are some Walmarts in my area, but not close enough that I ever feel like going. I also don't like to support those stores for various reasons. Salami sounds delicious right now.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I find that excessive aerobics make me hungry. Walking and strength training does not have this effect. Probably has to do with cortisol levels.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I guess I have been more active lately... not surprising that I would get more hungry. Which, as usual, means I'm not eating enough. Eating is honestly such a hassle sometimes. There is too much that I want to do. Wow, that's pretty damn whiny & privileged.

We got our security deposit back today Now just waiting for our former land lady to get new tenants so we can get paid back for what's in the oil tank. Should be a good chunk of money, since the tank is full!
    Journal

Depression Lies

Haha, I wish I was like you and felt that eating is a hassle. Sometimes I feel like I live to eat. It would be nice if I could forget to eat or be too lazy to eat every once in a while.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I'm wondering if you mean "hungry" or craving something else??? To me, hunger is an empty feeling in my stomach - and the rumbly, grumblings that accompany that feeling. If you "craving" more to eat then I'd say, you're not giving your body what it needs. Perhaps fats would help ?? Try making those Cream Cheese Clouds .......... although you said you want to cut out dairy, so that's probably not an option. Maybe some fatty pork butt, slow cooked and seasoned with onion and garlic, salt and pepper?

Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? Maybe you're lacking in some vitamin or mineral and your body is saying "more please, I still need XYZ" ???

Fatty pork butt! I bet you can find that at King Richard's Faire. Roasted meats aplenty! Might have to go next weekend.

Roasted turkey legs is where it's at

Yeap, cream cheese clouds are out. Too much like crack anyway, I ate too many at once the last time I made them and dairy is not my friend. It was definitely a hunger feeling and not a craving, like the top of my stomach was still growling, but the rest was jam-packed. Very weird.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    Just dropping this thought here for tonight: Today at the faire, someone overheard me talking about supplementing magnesium (discussing muscle cramps) and said I should make sure to supplement copper & zinc too. I guess it's good to take those too to keep everything in balance when it comes to electrolytes? She worked at a vitamin shop or something. Maybe I will hunt down a blend and add it to my regimen for a bit. I may ask the Peatites what they think about copper, as they are the only people around here I can remember discussing copper. I know eating organ meats would be wise, but F that (for now).

I haven't watched the video yet, but I like this song. The album is okay, only had one listen so far.
    Journal

Depression Lies