Page 496 of 747 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 7467

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 496

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You look great Tasha! Your thighs look particularly awesome - really strong. And in general you look lean and curvy all at the same time - nice work

That's so cool that your mood is better! I can attest to how amazing that feels. What do you think brought about the change for you?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Your body looks beautiful. Good Job.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Thanks ladies. YB, you are spot on about the curves & leanness. Didn't think it was possible, but I'm really loving it. My thighs are now my favorite part of my body .

Speaking of which, Hulky wants to start running with me. It's so humid out today, but I'm tempted to go anyway...

As for my mood... I don't know. I think 5-HTP really worked for me, but I think my body was done with it. Maybe I fed it well enough (supplements & food) for long enough. Maybe it was some of the changes I made that affected my digestion positively. Maybe it was exercise! It's really incredible though. I just need to be on the lookout for low Vit D so my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) does not pop up this winter.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Wonder. I'm pretty much caught up now. And you are beautiful! Why do you think otherwise? None of us are Venus de Milo.

I really like your apartment, with all the hardwood trimmings, and your hardwood furniture. Where did you get it, or is it all over MA. The west coast is really different and not as lovely. Your home looks comfortable; the west coast style is minimal, modern, and most uncomfortable, don't know why anyone would want it. We've taken Architectural Digest for a long time, and don't even like their stuff now. We used to.

I wouldn't throw away those letters you wrote in the past. They may be full of emotional drivel, but it was your emotions, and it lets you see the fantastic progress you've made since I've know you. Absolutely amazing.

I'm so glad you and Hulky are well together.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    As for my mood... I don't know. I think 5-HTP really worked for me, but I think my body was done with it. Maybe I fed it well enough (supplements & food) for long enough. Maybe it was some of the changes I made that affected my digestion positively. Maybe it was exercise! It's really incredible though. I just need to be on the lookout for low Vit D so my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) does not pop up this winter.
    The exercise is definitely helping me too... but I think it's something more than that. In my case, I know it's the progesterone. In your case, does it correlate with you giving up gluten?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

This kind of wood architecture, with the exposed trim (though it's often painted) and hardwood floors is just how things are built around here. All houses are wood frames underneath and they all have basements. Many have attics, I've been in very few that only have crawl spaces in the eaves. Nearly all of the homes in this end of town are identical, 2-3 family homes. We have the first floor of a 2-family, with the 2nd and 3rd floors being occupied by 4 tenants in one "unit". In my parents' end of town, on the hilly side, the houses are almost entirely single family, with some variation, but there are still many streets of similarly laid out & constructed homes.

YB, you are right that being much more strict about my gluten intake correlating with the improved moods. The thing is, I've been strict about gluten-free before, but my moods didn't improve. I think it's a mix of all these things, esp. in relation to digestion. I've definitely leaned out in the past month or so as well, and I'm sure this helped. I have not had any joint aching either.

Hulky and I went for a run together today, it was fun to go with him. He made me run up a hill at the end of the run! Maybe we'll go again tomorrow (we both have the day off) if we're up for it . The landlord said we can install a pull-up bar if it looks okay (to leave for future tenants). I think the hall closet will be a good place for it. The closet is very deep so it wouldn't be awkward. Hulky wants to do pull-ups everyday. I'll have to see if I want to set a weekly goal or just mess around.

We went out for burgers tonight. I took a peppermint oil capsule & Digest Gold before eating, but am a little gassy. I did not get a bun [[pats self on back]]. I think the gas is from the cheese on the burger and/or the potato wedges we ate beforehand. Time for some soothing gingerbread tea for the heartburn.

I wanted to make gluten-free cookies tonight, but the recipe I was going to use is unavailable online so maybe I'll wait.

To do tomorrow:
    -Get stamps, clothes pins, & dustpan
    -Photocopy my new license (I applied for it Tuesday, it arrived Saturday!)
    -Send out banking/loan paperwork, hopefully deposit paycheck if it's arrived
    -Former landlady might have security deposit ready for us (so also deposit that)
    -Visit jewelry store to find out about costs & design process for custom contour wedding band (see if they'll buy a ring to help lower the price too)
    -See matinee showing of Elysium w/ Hulky
    -Groceries?
    -Run?
    -Play Elder Scrolls Online beta
    -Make grape juice gelatin

-Got stamps, clothes pins, and dustpan
    -Got my mail out, have not yet received mail
    -Visited the jewelry store & left my engagement ring to get the contour band fitted just right. I'm so effing excited, you guys. The bands they had in the store were plain, but I showed them the kind of filigree I want on a straight band and they're going to make it perfect. I also sold a ring & a bracelet/necklace set that I never wore to get the price down. Will call Baba & let her know, but I think she is already sending a check that will cover it. I'll pick my engagement ring back up tomorrow after work.
    -Matinee is at 5PM, going to have some soup or stew beforehand so I don't have popcorn. Maybe make & bring some gluten-free cookies for nibbles. I need to roast up some taters for Hulky.
    -Lotsa Vidja games today.

We're probably about 95% unpacked. Once I decide on a few posters and put a few more things away, I'll take pictures.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You look absolutely amazing! You have a beautiful figure.

In other news, I experienced some awful cramping in my right calf starting after my last run over a week ago. It finally went away this morning after I drank a bunch of coconut water. I guess I need to make sure my potassium intake stays up! I'm going to try mashed bananas this week. I hope I can eat them without any ill effects!
    If you can afford to this month, get some SaltSticks from Amazon. Take one after your run. If it's too much electrolyte for your needs, it'll just make you thirsty. Should help prevent the charlie horses you've been experiencing. I used them during my half and didn't even get muscle fatigues.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Reading through your journal. Looking beautiful!
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel