Page 495 of 682 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6815

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 495

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    be careful with furniture on the curb............... fleas - mice - and all sorta of nasty bodily fluids - man/animal made --- eeessh! I'd say let the loveseat stay put and wait until you can get something new or from someone you know and trust.
    THIS. Having lived in NYC for the past three years I won't touch anything curbside. Bedbugs are coming back, an it doesn't matter how clean a person is...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I figured we look at Groupon in December-ish and book for his spring break in March.
    I've seen all-inclusive resort stays in Jamaica for $400 on Groupon. Can't remember if it was for 1 or 2 ppl, but I remember being astounded. So then you'd just need a flight.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    If he doesn't catch on quick enough, have him clean up after someone else. It worked with my kids!
    Nice
    My Leptin Reset Journey

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm all moved in. Exhausted. Need to start making stew. Hulky is still at least 4 hrs away.

I should probably assemble my desk at some point too. I'm actually mostly unpacked. We started everything at like 8 this morning.

I had a steak tip salad and something in it did not agree with me. My guess is the raw onions but this could also be a response to the awful hash browns I had at the diner this morning.

I'm doing some laundry, so nice to just pop downstairs for it!

My paycheck still hasn't arrived :banghead:

Sent by carrier pigeon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on doing so well with everything on your own. Hulky must be so proud.

Hulky is very proud He got home earlier than I expected last night! The stew I made was a bit bland, I think it would have been better if I'd had time to cook it on low for longer. We'll see how it is as leftovers.

We went and saw The World's End. The pacing was awkward (nearly left because it was pretty boring until the critical plot point), but it was really fun once it picks up. We didn't like the ending. I had some popcorn & root beer.

Today, we drive up to Maine & back to bring back the rental van from the trip. I had eggs & sausage for breakfast & picked up a coconut water at Trader Joe's because my legs are still cramping. I woke up with a vicious charlie horse yesterday morning, but was fortunately able to work it out. Very creepy feeling the knot in my calf! I'll be bringing some peppermint oil capsules & Digest Gold for whatever we get for lunch.

The bathroom mirror is a bit larger here than at our last place. This is very nice for adjusting clothes, but I am already spending more time examining myself.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hi Wonder. I'm still catching up on your journal. You have sure been busy. Loved all the picture (that I've seen so far).

Is your IBS over, gone? I still have diarrhea, what do you recommend? Did the SCD work for you? Need link to the actual diet. Does it start with no fats and no carbs except carrots?
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Tash, Congrads on the move! SOunds like things are going really well for you You're still off the 5-HTP?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hi Wonder. I'm still catching up on your journal. You have sure been busy. Loved all the picture (that I've seen so far).

Is your IBS over, gone? I still have diarrhea, what do you recommend? Did the SCD work for you? Need link to the actual diet. Does it start with no fats and no carbs except carrots?
    No, my IBS is definitely not gone. Check out SCDLifestyle.com and Breaking the Vicious Cycle - The Specific Carbohydrate Diet. The second link is the "official" site. The intro diet they describe on there is not very good. If you sign up for the free info via email on the SCD Lifestyle site, they send you some excepts from their book (which I would totally buy if not for the $$) and a sample meal progression, including the chicken soup w/ carrots I've been relying on.

Sticking to SCD friendly foods has allowed me to go down to 400 mg of magnesium citrate for the constipation, down from 800. I don't have gas or bloating. I have had diarrhea occasionally, but I think that is part of the IBS & figuring out what foods are not good for me. I feel like I've made significant progress, and this is the best way to progress for me, but still working it all out. Both sites have a lot of info, definitely peruse!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey Tash, Congrads on the move! SOunds like things are going really well for you You're still off the 5-HTP?
    Yup, not sure how long I've been off the amino acids, but no 5-HTP for a while. I think I stopped taking it towards the end of July. Mood has been good, aside from some stress induced depression/anxiety while Hulky was gone. I feel like I recovered from that very well though, which is a huge improvement.

In other news, I experienced some awful cramping in my right calf starting after my last run over a week ago. It finally went away this morning after I drank a bunch of coconut water. I guess I need to make sure my potassium intake stays up! I'm going to try mashed bananas this week. I hope I can eat them without any ill effects!

PrimalCon New York
    BTW, I had 3 pumpkin ales last night . Tis the season! No weird toe tingliness this morning. I've had that feeling from light beers before, so I don't know what's magical about these. Not complaining . I got a nice drunk on with some friends and got to play with a kitten!

For your viewing pleasure: my beef stock came out nice and gelatinous and VERY dark. No idea what else to make with it! More stews, I guess =P

This year's body shot. The lighting is awful, but there's actually some ab definition today. Booty could use some work =P

Today is a slow day. Doing some laundry & vegging with Hulky.