Page 493 of 748 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 7479

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 493

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What she said.

Re: peeing boys. I won't teach Brady to pee sitting down. He just needs to do a better job of aiming and/or cleaning up after himself. I've made him do it a couple of times after catching him making a mess and walking away from it and told him it's not nice or fair to make a big mess for someone else to clean up. Hopefully only a couple more cleanings will set it in stone for him.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    If he doesn't catch on quick enough, have him clean up after someone else. It worked with my kids!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator

Take me out to the ballllll game

Okay, so the game was really fun. Let's recap:

I was all set to gab with some of the ladies on the bus, getting out of my anxiety shell, but then my supervisor sat next to me. Later, some of the ladies said they felt bad and I felt happy that they had noticed. It's easy to feel like you don't have any connections w/ people at the office when you don't talk about everyday life stuff very often or hang out outside of work. Anyway, we split up after arriving & since I didn't have a valid ID (temp ID until my new license w/ new name & address arrives, they take away your old one when you change your name & I forgot to bring my passport), I couldn't go pre-gaming. I got stuck with my supervisor and some other people. It might have been better for me, as I had time to chill and eat. I had a lettuce-wrapped burger & sweet potato fries at a place called the Yard House. I definitely want to go back there with friends & money. They were a little pricey IMO, but definitely a "cool Boston drinking joint" to me. When we got to Fenway, none of our co-workers were there! Once people started showing up from their food & pre-gaming, I moved to sit with some of the younger folks. They taught me about baseball & fetched me beers (Coors Light & Sam Adams Summer, I just wanted something light that would go down easy). I even got treated to one (the money from work for the outing only cover dinner and part of one very expensive ballpark beer). I had a few roasted peanuts, straight from the shell. I don't think I actually watched much of the game, but I participated in as much singing & waves as possible while chatting with the people around me. It was a blast, and hey, the Sox won the game! It was over "on time" by 10:30 and I was home by 11:30. I enjoyed chatting with one of the guys on the development team on the train home.

I cropped out my co-workers, but three of us were in this photo I insist on making somewhat ridiculous faces to avoid feeling awkward about smiling. It felt good that they purposely told me to get in on the photo. I felt very included.

As far as my gut goes, I took a peppermint oil capsule and digestive enzymes right before eating. I didn't have any upset from the sweet potato fries, possibly from the PO capsule. The beers made me belch a lot and gave me gas. It wasn't until a bit after the second beer that my stomach felt bad (from pressure). It was hurting by the time I got home, but I took my mag citrate & went to bed. My stomach is still a bit off this morning & I have a slight headache, but I think it'll go away once I start hydrating. When I woke up, my toes were swollen and itchy, no doubt something to do with the beers. I didn't have any B12 to take, so I elevated them for a little while and it helped. Off to make tea now...

In other news, Otzi directed me to some info about IBS & SIBO. I'm checking out the book linked below with some curiosity. I wonder if there'd be anything new in this book that the SCD doesn't already cover. This specifically focuses on the fermentability of foods, and avoiding ones that would upset a bacterial overgrowth. I'm not sure how much if it would be just avoiding problematic foods & not actually treating the problem though. Heartburn has definitely been more of an issue for me now that I'm dealing with the constipation more effectively. I think in a way, when I recover more function of my gut, more problems seem to arise, but they are just symptoms of some pre-existing issue that weren't apparent before. Overall, the diet in this book looks like a low-carb diet with some info about starchier carbs that should be "safe". I feel like it'd be worth a read, but it's on my wishlist for now.

Amazon.com: Fast Tract Digestion IBS eBook: Norman Robillard Ph.D., Edward Walters, Michael R. Eades M.D., Mahesh Gudapakkam: Kindle Store
    Fast Tract Digestion IBS: A Foreword by Dr. Michael Eades | Digestive Health InstituteDigestive Health Institute
    http://digestivehealthinstitute.org/...estive-health/
    If I had Amazon Prime, I could read the book for free. My Prime shipping privileges piggy-back off my dad's account, but unfortunately, it doesn't apply to things like this. The last link makes me feel like this could potentially make treating my gut issues a LOT easier... We'll see, I'm still doing the SCD for now.

Since it's rainy today, I took the car to work so I had time for breakfast this morning. 3 eggs scrambled & 3 sausage links. I got the regular "breakfast" frozen kind, gluten-free & minimal ingredients, instead of the maple-flavored ones to avoid unnecessary sugar. I was still pretty hungry after eating.

Yesterday, after I ate an apple, my throat felt itchy. It some kind of Pink apple, but I don't think it was Pink Lady? I keep not getting around to making applesauce, which is how I should be eating apples right now, but I don't think I'm going to have time until after we're moved in. Tonight, I need to roast a chicken, make beef bone stock on the stove, and pack. I also have to squeeze in visits to my old bank & new bank tonight and tomorrow after work to transfer money, deposit my paycheck, and get my signature authorized on my savings bonds.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you enjoyed the game. I don't have a close relationship with anyone at work either, so it makes social functions very awkward for me. But I recently read that I'm an introvert disguised as an extrovert, so maybe that plays a role as well.

You're really busy. I hope you get everything done you want to do.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I forgot to write that my right calf still hurts quite a bit. I'm not sure I could run on it or not. I could really use a massage and/or foam roller. It's only going to get worse after I finish moving this weekend & get sore again!

I'm tired from only 6 hrs of sleep Wish I could go home now! I'm not feeling very well either, but I really don't want to waste my PTO.

Here's another thought: I feel very good about my body image these days, but to an extent. I see people posting photos of their bodies around MDA and I feel bad about my own. I need to be happy with what I have. I just keep thinking my upper body is not muscular enough and my thighs are still too shapeless. My shape has changed even a lot since last year. My waist is more defined. I don't want someone else's body, I just... I don't know. I feel like I want to share my photos and have people go "wow you look amazing!" I don't know why I need someone else's validation. I'm afraid no one would say anything.

I don't know what to do to improve this other than continuing to be active & try and sculpt the body I thought I wanted.

This is me today Venus picked out the sweater at Goodwill and I love it. I also like how the gold tips of my hair looks with this shirt & sweater combo. I forget that I look nice in earthy tones.

I could really go for some quickie rice pudding right now (pre-cooked rice, coconut milk, cocoa powder, bit of sweetener), but I cannot either rice or chocolate!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You look adorable!

If you want more tone and definition then you'll need to focus on body weight exercises or get some 2-3 pound dumbells and work with those. My arms are getting some muscle from using dumbells and the bowflex, but I still have too much fat to really show it off. Right now I'm strong, but flabby - yuck!!

I picked up a really nice pair of 2 pound weights at the good will I think I paid $2.50 for the pair. They are vinyl coated and purple!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I should definitely check thrift stores, but I'll probably start with at least 5 lbs. I could be using my kettlebell more, but I'd like a 20 lb one and they are too expensive.

I think I could get what I want from bodyweight exercises, especially if I work on pull-ups. I just lack confidence in general. It's worse today just because I'm sleepy, grumpy, and missing Hulky. I know I'm going to feel great about everything at least for a little while after he's back .

tomi is online now Senior Member
    haha! 5 pounds would kill me! I could do maybe 5 bicep curls and be done!

Only a couple more days and Hulky will be back in your arms! Hang in there! And look at what you've accomplished all by yourself while he's been gone!

You look at yourself in the mirror and say .................... Damn, I'm good!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I could be using my kettlebell more, but I'd like a 20 lb one and they are too expensive.
    Put a "wanted" ad on Craiglist. People buy workout equipment all the time, use it for a few days, and then it just collects dust. I bet there's someone near you who would like to get rid of a 20 pound dust collector for cheap!