Page 491 of 884 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 8831

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 491

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think it's better to teach people how to clean up after themselves.

In other news, I had an anxiety attack walking up to the bank this evening. Well, it started at home when I was walking from room to room, unable to remember what I was doing or where I put my bag. I got my last month's rent check back from the land lady. I have very little money in my account right now. I have money elsewhere, but it is going to take time to get it. Because of the ball game tomorrow, I can't get the rest of my money from my other local bank account yet (the one I'm working on closing). At least I don't have to spend money tomorrow. At least I HAVE money to fall back on, even if it will take time to get. I feel guilty about spending anything. I spent about as much as we normally do on groceries this month. I guess the trade-off is that this money isn't going towards doctors, I'm treating myself with food instead of medicine. But I can't really afford that either.

I hate having to swallow back the panic. Maybe it was almost a panic attack, I don't really know the difference, I was just abruptly fighting back tears & losing my mind.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry. I have never had a panic attach - but I know they feel very terrifying! and are uncontrollable. I hope you are feeling better now that you are back at home and can relax.

As for the peeing......... my husband pee's both ways - I don't find it less manly at all

But NW is right............... if you dribble - clean it up!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have been using green onions in my cooking and they do not bother me like the other onions do. Also, I never use stock when making beef stew, just water, and it turns out REALLY tasty!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    About onions and heartburn...

I get heartburn when I eat oranges or cucumbers UNLESS I also have some vinegar with them. I think the vinegar is the "enzyme" needed to counter the heartburn. Maybe that's why stock cooked with onions doesn't give you heartburn, if you put vinegar in your stock. ?? Worth a thought, if you really like onions.

I haven't been putting vinegar in the stock/soup I made, but I will try that for Hulky's welcome home stew. It calls for SCD legal red wine (not sure what the entails exactly), but I'll probably just use some ACV.

I did buy some beef bones and thought I'd try my hand a beef broth. Not sure I have the time to do it and then I'll have to transport from one apartment to the other . In the past, I've used chicken stock or bone broth, but I want to do it from scratch.
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    About onions and heartburn...

I get heartburn when I eat oranges or cucumbers UNLESS I also have some vinegar with them. I think the vinegar is the "enzyme" needed to counter the heartburn. Maybe that's why stock cooked with onions doesn't give you heartburn, if you put vinegar in your stock. ?? Worth a thought, if you really like onions.
    Plus................a billion. going to try this one!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No. Seriously no. If one person ever hears this he will get shit for the rest of his life. Men do not pee sitting down..
    ehhhhh, at 3 AM I do, but I'm lazy and don't feel like cleaning the floor, walls, toilet, ceiling that early in the morning..... besides the maid service gets an attitude if you call them at 3 am to come out and clean the bathroom... the nerve of some folks I swear...

but in general, I agree..... men don't pee sitting down (unless it's 3 AM and they have BPH)

Red Sox day!

-Shower curtain liners are hung (had to figure out a way to overlap 3 of them to fit around the clawfoot tub, will need to shorten them all a couple of inches & trim the one that overlaps the faucet so it doesn't bunch)
    -Banking stuff is getting in order (address is updated w/ Maine account, can't update my name until my driver's license gets in, but I signed up for online banking so I may be able to transfer funds quickly very soon). Landlady got us the last months' rent check.
    -I got to hear from Hulky this morning . We've been emailing back and forth pretty much daily, after the first week when he couldn't get online and didn't realize he could use the lab there, but he had reception this morning and called. Apparently, they have their last exam Saturday morning so they won't even be leaving until around noon! That means he's not getting in till pretty late on Saturday At least that gives me time to maybe nap and continue cleaning, unpacking, and/or cooking.

I woke up rough this morning. My calf finally feels better and I could have run, but my energy was low. Again, not pushing it, so I just took my time getting ready. I cycled in, the bike will stay locked up inside overnight and I'll take the car tomorrow, bringing the bike rack with me. I'm taking the T home from the game tonight. I need to jot down the names of the places with gluten-free offerings on a post-it note so I can find those at Fenway .

I won't have time to pack tonight. I might not be home until 11, depending on when the game ends. The T is going to be a mad house so I might try to leave early. My parents are insisting on picking me up from the station when I get in. I've walked from the station to the apartment on the bike trail hundreds of times in the dark (and in the day). It's a little scary since there is very little light and I know that people have been attacked there, but I don't let it bother me. It's only about half a mile, if that. I feel a little irritated at their insistence. Not sure if I'll call or not.

Dinner last night was spaghetti squash mixed into chicken soup. Heartburn again from the onions in the soup, but the ginger tea I had after helped. I splurged and got a pint of goat milk at Whole Foods. I heated it up with some honey before bed, very filling and comforting . No stomach upset and no phlegm! It left my throat feeling a little weird...I don't want to say constricted, but that's the only thing I can think to describe the sensation. I will try goat milk for yogurt at some point, but it's over $8 for a 1/2 gallon!

I got a nice light tan this summer and I'll miss it, but I'm also looking forward to regaining my usual pallor (esp. so I don't have to worry so much about protecting my tattoo). I am simultaneously amused & uncomfortable by how much more my scars pop with a tan this year than in years past. They are all at least 9 years old at this point.
    Journal

vitamin e is supposed to be good for fading scars. you can buy a bottle of the oil and just rub a little on each day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Tomi, but I've tried everything. Topical treatments are only really effective earlier, before the skin completely heals (it took several years for some of mine to go white from pink). The earlier the better, of course. I'm not really concerned about their appearance, but there's a lingering sadness associated with them. It's very minor. I am sure nobody ever notices them except for people with their own scars. For them, I sport them proudly.
    Journal