Page 491 of 678 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6779

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 491

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    My really well rung out sponge mop still left little pools. I mopped with the grain. [[shrug]] Not a big deal to me to just do smaller sections & towel it off after, but I'm weird. My mom offered to buy me some Swiffer pads (we have the mop part) to make it easier on move-out day so I might just do that. I AM going to mop the kitchen floor with vinegar though. I want to make sure I cut any grease with the vinegar & that it doesn't get sticky from cleaning spray.

I'm avoiding pinterest because some of the things I read, like using veggie oil to improve shine, can be really damaging for your floors. Veggie oil will go rancid and screw things up! The floors really need a new coat of poly, so there isn't much "shine" for me to observe and I can't see that they are any cleaner. They look fine swept, I just want to be a good tenant and clean up after myself .

The shower liners were something like $2.39 at Target . I probably won't bother with a decorative curtain.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sidenote: yaayyy there are gluten-free offerings at Fenway Park! Tomorrow is our company outing to the Red Sox game

I think onions are off the table. My stomach felt like it was burning a little (but no heartburn) after lunch. My new digestive enzymes come tomorrow. I wonder if those will make a difference. I got a smaller bottle of Digest Gold, which has a better spectrum of enzymes than most of the other enzyme products I've read the labels on.

Plans for tonight: maybe try running if the weather holds out. Get fud & make dinner! Put the shower liners up at the new apartment & sweep the LR. Finish sweeping LR at old apartment & pack up the KitchenAid mixer. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and make those almond meal cookies, gut be damned...

I'm totally out of food ideas. I guess I'll just stick with pureed squash & meat for meals right now, along with the soup/broth. I'm going to roast a chicken soon so I have some meat prepped that I can just grab for meals for the next few days. When Hulky gets back, we'll probably be having mixed dinners, with him eating whatever we have usually eaten in the past and me eating the meat from the meal, with my own veggies =\. I will try pureed cauliflower as "mash" sometime soon to see how that sits with me. Having cauliflower or brocolli back in my diet would be useful, but if I can't eat it, I can't eat it.

Oh HERE we go! Finally a chart that makes sense!
    The Stages of SCD

I just don't know if I should go back to and stay on the Intro diet longer until my constipation improves? What if it doesn't? At least it's only 400 mg of magnesium citrate now and I don't FEEL constipated. That is definitely improvement!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My "wood" floors are in my kitchen, dining room and bathrooms. Not mopping occasionally is not an option with kids and pets that make big messes (hello, why can't boys hit the toilet???) and general kitchen messes. Our living room, bedrooms are all carpeted, and I would assume they wouldn't need more than a dust mopping occasionally.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Teach the boy to pee seated --- as long as its pointed "down" there's no mess.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I think onions are a problem for me. I noticed heartburn after eating the soup in which I blended onions (over the past few days). I also had heartburn after the stuffed butternut squash, which had an onion sauteed in it. From what I've read, usually cooked onions are not a problem, but some people have issues with raw onions. I am just unlucky.

Using onions to make stock (and removing them) did not appear to be a problem (based on my first few chicken soup batches), however, so that's promising. Maybe this is something the digestive enzymes will help with. For now, I will remove them from my cooking =\.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I made the chicken soup - yummy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Teach the boy to pee seated --- as long as its pointed "down" there's no mess.
    No. Seriously no. If one person ever hears this he will get shit for the rest of his life. Men do not pee sitting down.

Why can't they hit the toilet? Well, mostly we can, but imagine for a moment you have a fire hose in your hands, but not just any fire hose, one where you do not necessarily have control of how forceful the stream is. Now imagine that sometimes the stream of 'water' comes out not as one stream but as two, and not two that even go the same direction. How the hell is this possible you ask? How can you have a need to own more than 2 pairs of shoes? Fuck if we know, but that is nature my friend, and you might as well just sigh and put up with it.

But seriously, do not teach him to pee sitting down.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PrimalCon New York
    I think it's better to teach people how to clean up after themselves.

In other news, I had an anxiety attack walking up to the bank this evening. Well, it started at home when I was walking from room to room, unable to remember what I was doing or where I put my bag. I got my last month's rent check back from the land lady. I have very little money in my account right now. I have money elsewhere, but it is going to take time to get it. Because of the ball game tomorrow, I can't get the rest of my money from my other local bank account yet (the one I'm working on closing). At least I don't have to spend money tomorrow. At least I HAVE money to fall back on, even if it will take time to get. I feel guilty about spending anything. I spent about as much as we normally do on groceries this month. I guess the trade-off is that this money isn't going towards doctors, I'm treating myself with food instead of medicine. But I can't really afford that either.

I hate having to swallow back the panic. Maybe it was almost a panic attack, I don't really know the difference, I was just abruptly fighting back tears & losing my mind.