Page 490 of 784 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 7838

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 490

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hulky's mom likes that stuff. I just finished cleaning the empty bedroom with hot water & vinegar. I had to towel dry after mopping to get rid of the streaks (ahem, so it got cleaned twice). Will the oil soap restore some shine to the polyurethane? It's of my unprofessional opinion that some of these rooms could use a fresh coat, but I'd like to do what I can to make them nice. Our landlady was good to us and I want to leave the place in nice shape (and we want our security deposit back in full!).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It's the final countdown!

Yaayyyy Hulky gets home on Saturdaaaayyyyy

It's no wonder that I couldn't sleep last night. I have a lot to do this week. I was going to take everything we have in the basement over to the apartment tonight. I need to ask Coach about painting a portion of wall in one of the bedrooms, as I noticed some spill marks on it. Looks like someone splashed tea. It's a matte finish so I don't think it's going to clean off, but I may try some baking soda & a damp sponge. The 409 spray did not work. The spots I polyurethaned on the floor of the old apartment, well, whatever, it went fine. There are just a few shiny spots on the floor now =P. Okay, I need to make a To Do list.

I downloaded the audio from this video last night to try and help me fall asleep. It was very soothing and I felt like my thoughts calmed down while I listened to it. I think I did doze off before the end of it, but I woke up around 1:30 AM after it was over. I fell back asleep fairly easily after that. I was too tired to run and it's drizzly today. Perhaps I can get out tomorrow. Tonight, I may try a guided meditation before bed. I really need to be sleeping well this week.

Sigh, I got so stressed out this weekend that I started spotting. Not sure yet if this is going to be a full-blown period. It brought cramps along with it. I'm assuming it was the stress anyway. I haven't taken Vitex for almost two weeks, I think. I stopped taking it at the start of this current cycle after tapering off the week prior.

I have not had the great gut improvement again like I did during the first few days of the SCD. I think it's because I have not had enough days of strict compliance. I think even if I stick with the SCD, but don't go back to the intro of just chicken soup, I will see improvements, it just might take longer. The mag citrate is more effective now, at least. I think I only need 400 mg daily. I think once I get some L-Glutamine, I will see more improvements too.

Nameless Wonders: My apartment is starting to echo again

Other things:
    -I am sneezy today. I could not use the neti pot because I was too congested. Post nasal drip isn't bad though. I think it's from the weather. I know ragweed season is starting so my allergies might get worse anyway.
    -I am making this tonight and so excited about it! I'm leaving out the celery.
    -I can use my small cast iron pan on the new glasstop stove (new to me, at the new apartment) as long as I don't drag it around, but not the big one because it is warped (will leave burn marks from heating unevenly). I guess I'll clean it up and see if my mom wants to suffer with it on their coil electric stove...otherwise I think it has to be tossed =\ We really need some better pans! The only other ones we have are cheap non-stick ones.

Why are shower curtains so stupidly expensive?

Hulky asked that I either get one with rubber duckies on it or clear so he can have something to look at (either me, naked, or some rubber duckies). Hahaha. Because it's a clawfoot tub, we need magnets at the bottom so the curtains don't billow around us. They make extra-long curtains to wrap around. The landlord said that the last tenants used three curtains, with two wrapped around either end and the third against the wall, so you can enter from the open side of the tub. I guess I could get two machine washable curtains (faux-fabric vinyl type) and one clear one, for the front end, but I don't know. I don't want to spend a million dollars on shower curtains. I guess I need to measure the tub over there so I know how long a long one would need to be.

diene is offline Senior Member
    That bacon-squash thing looks amaaazing!

So I used to just buy shower curtain liners. The liners are heavier than regular shower curtains, and people who like to have nice things will have the liner on the inside and shower curtains with nice prints or designs on the outside. But I was always too cheap to buy actual shower curtains so I just had the liner. The liner works fine by itself and is usually pretty cheap. Whitmor Shower Curtain Liner Clear - CVS pharmacy You can get three of these for $15. It's clear, but it's foggy clear so you can't actually see through it very well. Hulky may not like it.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess when I say curtains I mean liners . That's all I've ever used. I don't like obstructing what little light I get in the bathroom while I'm showering. Gawwwddd Amazon had so many options and NONE were that cheap. I finally found a listing on Target.com for some $3 liners. I'll pop by some night this week and look for a shower caddy too. I need something I can hang from the shower head for a couple bottles of shampoo/conditioner, a bar of soap, and a razor or two.

Looks like most vinyl curtains you can pop in the washing machine, just have to hang dry. We have a clothesline on the back porch now

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    NW, re: sleep. I just read a review for the iPhone app "Sleep Genius: Natural Health". It was designed by neurologists for astronauts, to help them sleep in space. It's supposed to have frequency/brain wave stuff to help sleep. And I think right now it's free, but they charge if you want any other kind of music besides the standard background music.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Tasha., I leave the forums for a couple of weeks and come back to you getting an amazing amount of stuff done. Moving sucks, but I'm so glad you get your deposit back. There is nothing like those first weeks when you are all moved into a new place - it's worth the hard work. You've done such a great job of holding the line on your new diet with all of the stressors going on. Yay you!

Countdown: 4 days till Hulky

Thanks for the tips & love. I slept very deeply last night with no assistance, though I did have some Sleepytime tea. I also took a barefoot walk around the neighborhood to scope out a free bookcase. It was too tall & heavy for me to take or load into the Civic. I woke up very groggy this morning. I think I still need some sleep recovery. I was tempted to call out today, but I was coming in late to take care of my new ID at the RMV, so I just took it slow. I got shower curtains, rings for the curtains, and a hanging caddy for the shower at Target.

Despite feeling very accomplished for the past couple of weeks, especially since Moving Day Part 1 (last Saturday), I still feel like I'm not doing enough. I think it's possible I might end up putting off moving the rest of my things until Part 2 (this Saturday). I'm trying to accept that this is okay. Nobody is judging me. There's not much left. Part of me really wants to move everything on my own. I think it's the part that doesn't want to deal with the hustle & bustle of everybody else moving around my spaces and touching my things, but I know my exhaustion would be 10x worse if I do not have help.

There's a pint of heavy cream in the fridge that I'm tempted to whip up with some honey. I really need to just pour it out. It's got some preservatives in it and I already know that dairy is just going to upset my gut. I did some reading about goat milk & making it into yogurt last night. I'll try making a batch after we're moved in. I'm wondering if I should just try some of the milk before making it into yogurt, or if turning it into yogurt will be key to eliminate possible reactions. I can't find any info about raw goat's milk in my area, so it will be pasteurized.

My right calf still hurts. My low energy, plus the pain, plus the drizzly weather (it should really be cooler out, leaves are starting to turn & I want fall weather!) = no run today. I may not be able to run at all this week. I'm trying to convince myself that it's okay and I can pick it up again next week. I probably won't be able to cycle either, as the forecast now calls for rain or thunderstorms for the rest of the week. You just had to make the home stretch difficult, didn't you, Mother Nature? I guess it's time to up the Vitamin D.

In other news, my parents' cat had a kidney infection, parasites, and is hyperthyroid. My mom finally brought her into the vet for bloodwork after the cat had severe weightloss over the course of a few months. She was skin & bones. I hope she turns around soon, now that she has the medication she needs. Baba's cat has gotten really skinny too, so I'm inclined to think parasite since she's an outdoors cat in the woods of Maine. My mom is going up soon so she can help get the cat to the vet if needed. My brother is also getting bloodwork done. he's been really tired this summer, so she's having his thyroid checked (if she'd told me beforehand, I would have explained about getting a full panel), testing for mono, and Vitamin D deficiency.

I found out I have some savings bonds that I can cash for face value (they've matured and don't collect anymore interest). Unfortunately, I have to mail them in to get the money. I'll take them to the bank to get my signature authorized after work today. I have an emergency reserve that I may fall back on in Maine, but I have to update my name & address with the account. Sigh, I also need to update my name with my student loans (have to fax or mail in copies of things). I need to pick up stamps & groceries tonight. I have 0 meat in the fridge.

My stuffed butternut squash was delicious last night, but I'm not sure onions are my friend. I have some for lunch today. I've been really hungry lately, but I guess I've been pretty active too. I want to have a nice dinner for Hulky when he gets home on Saturday. Maybe I'll make beef stew? That will require prepping my own beef stock, which I've never done before. Thank Grok for crock pots. I'll make the stock before Friday and make the stew on Saturday afternoon.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our shower curtain is a clear liner from Dollar General. I think I paid $5 for it. I got a long curtain panel to use as a decorative curtain. But, the curtain only covers half the tub, by design. I have it draped lazily toward the wall. It's blue and white and beige striped.

A REALLY well rung out mop will prevent the water spotting/pooling on the hardwoods. And make sure you mop WITH the grain - for some reason this just makes it look better. And probably dry mopping is a good idea too. My floors are wood "laminate" so I can't use any cleaners on them without it getting streaky and cloudy looking. I use water and vinegar only and they look nice afterwards - matte shine. Good luck finding that secret mix for your floor. Check pinterest for ideas. In most cases, you'll have to try a ton of different things before something works the way you want it to.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)