Page 489 of 776 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 489

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You have a great supportive family.

That's the kind of response we'd get out of Brad's dad. He's always there when we need a hand. It's good to have someone you can count on.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Because I'm all a mess today it made me teary-eyed. I am constantly amazed at the support I get from Hulky and his family. I know my family loves me and tries to do their best for me, but I never feel like they'd drop everything to be there for me. Maybe it's just old wounds, or maybe it really is that way. I don't know.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You can pick your mate and you can pick your friends......... but you can't pick your family. Sometimes families suck.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I went for a run in the forest park up by my parents' house and felt a lot better. Well, I felt lots better once I was out of work. Then I got my mind set on running and went for it. It was really fun and a great change of scenery. The new intervals were a bit trickier, I felt sore during them, but I knew the end was in sight so I kept going. I'm actually tempted to run again on Sunday! I'd take my parents' dog, but she isn't very active and I'd worry about wearing her out .

I watched a bit of Harry Potter 3 with my family & ate dinner with me. Zucchini w/ onions, plain grilled chicken thighs (nice & juicy), and some grilled asparagus. Not filling enough. I had an apple afterwards and might make some applesauce now. I forgot to eat my hardboiled eggs today and they stayed behind in the fridge at work. Guess I have breakfast on Monday!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    You are doing great. You have a lot on your plate now and are handling it beautifully on your own.

Maybe you could post on FB in a few weeks saying that you guys are planning your honeymoon thanks to wedding fund donations and if you still plan to donate here is the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You are doing great. You have a lot on your plate now and are handling it beautifully on your own.

Maybe you could post on FB in a few weeks saying that you guys are planning your honeymoon thanks to wedding fund donations and if you still plan to donate here is the info.
    P, your encouraging posts always "read" to me. I can see you in a novel, being the supportive mother figure, soothing a figure in tears and offering them tea and hugs. It's very comforting to me . I guess my time reading as a child translates into feelings now.

Good idea on the FB post. A kind of passive way to get the info out there without being pushy... Very appealing to me .

All of my parents (in-laws & bio) helped move stuff this morning. I got a bit burnt out. This introvert does not like being in charge of moving things. It went fine. C is coming over soon to help me load up his van with some bigger stuff. I hope we can move the queen sized bed too. I'll spend tomorrow tinkering at the new place and the rest of the week unpacking a little at a time and LOTS of cleaning all around.

I am hella sore from running yesterday and moving today. There are so many things I want to do but I HAVE TIME and I really need to rest!

Time for some tea & waching something on Netflix.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Time for some tea & waching something on Netflix.
    Last night was a Power Rangers evening at Crabbcakes Manor, care of Netflix. Don't hurt yourself laughing, now...

I have a habit of mining the past for shows and never having really watched PR outside of one-half of an episode once, I didn't realize that there are like, twenty seasons, and just as many PR crews, and how ridiculous the whole thing is. Funny from me, because I watched Kung Fu Theater on TV growing up and loved it when the soundtrack and folks mouths got out of sync, and Godzilla and the kitchiness and all that. But my girls are hooked, and will be until every available episode is watched. Ugh.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Power Rangers is a crazy franchise. I remember watching the original series! I didn't know it was still going for many years, until Hulky's nephew was watching it. Not nearly as awesome now, IMO. Keep it simple!

I'm sore today, but it's not as intense as yesterday thank goodness. I took a bath with some epsom salts, listened to the second Game of Thrones book on my phone, drank tea, and then watch Alphas until I was ready to pass out (SyFy original TV show, kind of X-men lite). GoT is my running "music". It's going to take a while to get through these . Maybe I'll listen while I clean, pack, and un-pack too.

My allergies are nasty today, but I think it's just from dust. Haha, my bandana is at the new apartment.

Hardware store list
    -felt pads for furniture feet
    -sponge mop
    -bucket
    -small brush
    -(check my parents' house for polyurethane to fix the scratches in the floor from tearing up the couch)

Grocery list
    -Eggs
    -butternut squash (at least 2)
    -breakfast sausages

I admitted to Hulky's mom yesterday that I've never cleaned our hardwood floors. Growing up, we had carpet. Hulky did not clean floors until he had to Comet his laminate floors in the Army. We've just been sweeping and vacuuming here. We keep our shoes off inside. I have no idea what a clean vs. dirty hardwood floor looks like, but I'm planning on cleaning them all here before we leave with hot water & white vinegar.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    For wood floors and cabinets(ect.) a bottle of Murphy's Oil Soap is the stuff.
    But... follow the directions. A tiny bit is all that is needed. It's not a "more is better" kind of product at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.