Page 485 of 681 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 6807

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 485

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I heard from Hulky He's having a really hard time on their wifi network so he hasn't gotten my emails. He called from a landline up there and will try to call again on Sunday. I guess they're doing a lot of drinking to pass the time =p. In his words, "I'm getting fat while you're getting fit!"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Couch to 5k: Week 1, Day 2

Weekend activities: On Saturday, Venus and I went thrift shopping (2 skirts, 2 sweaters, 2 shirts, and a trench coat; can't wait to wash it all!), wandered around Central Sq, checked out the sex shop there (a bit disappointing, not much in it), and read. I re-discovered how goddamn comfortable my recliner is. We had dinner out with a couple of friends in Harvard Square, which totally meshed with our girly day. Sunday, we read in the morning, visited a smoke shop in Harvard Square (she wanted tobacco for her hookah), and wandered around Mt Auburn Cemetery. Beautiful place. I'll probably put pictures up on my Flickr account soon. I put polyurethane on the lower kitchen cabinets at the new apartment (will finish tonight) & brought over some things. I have a key to the back door now so I can start lugging stuff over. I spoke to Hulky on the phone last night. 1 week down, 2 to go.

Weekend food: I'd say 90/10 primal, to account for cooking oils when we ate out. Saturday was sausage & eggs in the morning, avocado chicken salad at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, bunless burger and a few potato chips at dinner. I had some chicken soup between lunch & dinner as I was feeling kind of wiped out. Sunday was sausage & eggs, a spinach salad w/ goat cheese, candied walnuts, and some other things plus a smoothie, and we made stuffed acorn squash for dinner. I have 1/2 a squash for my lunch today and honestly might eat the other 1/2 for dinner. The stuffed squash should be SCD compliant, actually, though I don't think I should introduce onions yet. Back to mostly soup tonight or tomorrow.

Gut: Definitely feeling the swing of IBS-C/D lately. I had some "attacks" on Saturday. I think it might have been too much magnesium, actually. I'm taking no more than 400 mg a day now, one at dinner and one before bed, to see what happens from there.

So, we did a lot of walking this weekend! After my run on Friday morning, my legs were pretty tired on Saturday, then we walked a ton, so they were tired on Sunday as well. I ran again this morning and was incredibly slow. It was easier and harder at the same time. Apparently, I misread the Couch to 5k calendar so I'm already doing week 2's paces (was supposed to be 60:90 run:walk intervals, I'm doing 90:120 run:walk). Not sure if I'll stick with this for longer or advance to week 3 on Friday, which is two intervals of jog 90 sec, walk 90 sec, jog 3 min, walk 3 min.

Overall, body and mind, I feel pretty good. I have to figure out moving stuff this week, including getting our couch either out on the curb or gone via Craigslist. Wish me luck!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    What fun preparing the new place and starting to move in! Do you access to a small wagon or something to help move small boxes and such? Or a hand truck? Or are you just loading it up in the car and driving it down the block?

How long is your friend staying? Sounds like the weekend was fun

Good job on the couch2 5k training! I've thought about doing that -- but I really had running! too much stuff bouncing around in every direction!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm just loading up the car & driving over. I can fit much more that way .

Venus stayed from Friday night through this morning. She left after I left for work.

I hate running, but I'm finding it really excellent right now. Maybe it's just my attitude lately, but I feel much more energized on the two mornings I've run so far. I feel very positive again today.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Its those endorphins! Happy little neurotransmitters that make life much a better!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

11 more days till Hulky gets home

My ankles and lower calves were pretty sore this morning and I was sleepy so I drove to work. I feel a bit guilty about that, but I don't want to injure myself.

I didn't finish the polyurethane last night, but I think I'm over halfway done. The wood grain was starting to wiggle and I needed to get out of the fumes so I quit after an hour or so. It's slow going and I am being very cautious so it looks amazing and there are no bubbles! I feel quite proud. The touch-up jobs I did on a scratch on the kitchen floor and some scratches on the living room floor where the previous tenants moved their couch are not noticeable. After touching up Sunday, I couldn't find the spots yesterday. I'm worried now about scratching up the floors when we move in! I think I'll get some of those felt furniture pads. Think they have them at the hardware store? I think I need to get some of those rubber strips to hide cords under too. Haven't figured out where to put the TV yet. I'll get my pictures up tonight.

Tonight, I'll finish the polyurethane and bring over a small bookcase, some books, and a bunch of my shoes. Basically, I'm loading up the trunk with every trip over. I need to take pictures of the couch and get it on Craigslist. It's got stains and tears, but is very comfortable and serviceable, except for the broken pull-out bed. I'm hoping I can get rid of it for $20, which is just a really reduced price for the nice faux-suede cover on it, and someone will come take it away. I want to get most of the big furniture out of the apartment this weekend, if I can. Need to ask C if he's around, since he's got a van and the interior is stripped so there's lots of room. Not sure if it'll fit a queen sized mattress though. I don't really want to walk that down the street.

I don't remember if I took any mag citrate yesterday. I didn't need it then, but I think I need it today. I had leftover acorn squash for dinner. My appetite was kind of squashed by the polyurethane headache, but I nibbled on some almond slivers and chocolate chips while reading before bed. Chocolate is DEFINITELY not SCD compliant. I thought I might have to rush off to the bathroom (has had that effect on me in the recent past) after eating the chocolate chips, but either it wasn't enough or my gut is changing...

Dinner tonight will either be soup w/ chicken or turkey meatballs w/ sauce and spaghetti squash. I don't want to spend a lot of time on dinner so I can take care of the polyurethane and get the supplies back to Coach before it gets too late. I also need to be making more trips to the bank so I can transfer funds.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying the running. The move seems to be going well and the gut seems to be doing well also. I'm surprised by how quickly things are adjusting.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Couple other things I wanted to share:
    -We're getting into autumnal territory now, so it's possible that there's just less pollen right now BUT my allergies have been lot better lately. I barely sneezed at all last week, even at work. My congestion got less and less in the morning. I still used the neti pot sometimes, but the water flowed easily and there wasn't much gunk that needed to come out. I started sneezing sometime late yesterday, don't remember if it was before dinner or after the chocolate & almonds. I was more congested this morning than last week, though not that bad, and have sneezed a couple of times today. I'm going to hold off on my turkey meatball recipe and see how I feel tomorrow. The congestion was worse yesterday in general, perhaps from something I ate over the weekend. I remember being kind of stuffed up on Sunday. I have hope that this SCD is actually doing something.
    -Venus is not into paleo/primal. She subscribes to CW ideals on healthy fats. We did have some good conversations about medication however esp. in relation to depression. Our friendship stems from meeting online through a support group. We also had some good discussions about overall health, including weight & body image. I shared my thoughts on giving up the scale (she seemed intrigued) and I felt like I had ample opportunity to be a supportive friend and that was really enriching for me. There's not much that I'm really struggling with personally these days, just the usual odd anxiety here and there, and I was really happy to be able to listen & offer my thoughts for someone else who is dealing with some shit.

Specific Carbohydrate Diet with Steven and Jordan 04/16 by DrLoRadio | Health Podcasts
    I'm listening to this now. Just kind of an intro to the SCD. Nothing new to me, but encouraging anyway.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Interested in all your activities as of late - good to see you're keeping yourself busy.

I've been following Jordan and Steve for quite some time now - even got to speak to them once but they were running out if time so I didn't get too much out of it. They're who's podcast I posted in the Peat forum about the fecal transplant.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?