Page 484 of 784 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 7838

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 484

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just looked up "Under the Dome" - it looks great!

Namesless, I have all the GOT audio books. If you want those, let me know

Also, has anyone watched "Orange is the new Black"? I'm about half way through season one. Not massively impressed.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    GOT is the best and probably a great way to start your Couch 2 5K program! (If you like fantasy, that is.)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    haha, you know, I was thinking about getting the GoT books. I want to know what I'm missing! I'd probably start over with book 2, since I did actually read all of book 1. YB, send me a PM!

I just finished Orange Is The New Black last night. I enjoyed it. There is such a variety of women characters, I was happy to see something that wasn't totally based off of romantic encounters like most other women-centric shows. I do wonder how accurate to life stuff like the sex & scandals are though. The main character is pretty friggin' obnoxious. I've heard the memoir is okay, much more tame, and the writer is still a WASP and arrogant.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I like how they go into all the peripheral characters' stories, but I do find the main character pretty irritating. I guess it's just so... light?! lol. Compared to the shit I usually watch it's like Disney I'll prob watch the whole series though.

I alternated reading GOT with listening to the audio books - loved them!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I was going to suggest you start with sauerkraut juice. Think it would be wise to stay away from dairy esp. given your allergies. I tried it for some time but I think other variables were getting in my way... I'd like to try it again, though.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

My throat was itchy/slight constricted feeling all day Fucking yogurt, ruining my life

Nah, I'm just disappointed.

Zzzoooooooommm

RunKeeper is a nice app. I can incorporate music (started listening to A Clash of Kings, thanks YB), set a timer so it tells me when to stop my running session, and with the GPS, it will track my actual route, including speed, distance, elevation, AND there are graphs! This is what I really wanted out of Fitocracy. I love all the data on it. The only thing I'm worried about is racking up data charges by using the GPS. I even tracked my cycling route this morning! Let me know if you're on RunKeeper so I can have friends .

I went for my first C25k jog this morning, alternating 90 sec of jogging with 120 sec of walking. I had to keep checking my watch for the 90 sec, and then set a timer on it for 2 min while walking. I'm thinking about spending the $2 for the Couch to 5k app so I can have it tell me when to walk & run, because checking my watch was kind of annoying. Of course, RunKeeper is good for other things and this would be limited to running, so I don't know.

I AM SO ENERGIZED HOLY CRAP. Maybe it's the Eleuthero root I took this morning. Maybe it was the jogging and then the cycling. My cycling trip felt pretty good. I made fairly good time, I felt like I was working hard without over-working and my right leg didn't feel nearly as tight after running. I think that helped stretch out my hamstrings. I DID stretch after running, but did not stretch after cycling because I always forget. My right ankle was kind of wobbly when I was running on the grass, I had to really focus to try and keep things in a good position. It's going to take some time to build up strength, I think.

Dinner last night at a local restaurant w/ the in-laws & sister-in-law was good. It's the first "bar" (bar/restaurant) in town that's come in since the liquor licenses got a bit more relaxed. Used to be that there were 0 alcohol sales in this town whatsoever. Now there are 3 liquor stores and restaurants can get liquor licenses from the town, with restrictions. The vibe of the place is weird, kind of a modernized colonial theme. They have a chalkboard from my old elementary school that shows the daily specials, which is kind of cool. The owner saved it from the school before it was demolished before I went into 5th grade. He's had it for a while! I had steak tips for dinner, which came with a little spinach salad & some parmesan fries. I had some fries, but not many. My tummy seemed okay, but I'm back to SCD compliance today. There will be at least a few meals off-plan this weekend while Venus is here.

Weekend plans
    -Start laundry tonight or tomorrow (want to wash the comforters and some blankets)
    -Pack a bit
    -thrift store/wandering in Central Sq with Venus
    -Maybe a free show at a bar in Harvard Sq Saturday night w/ some friends?
    -Grocery shopping (need some of the things from the meal plan I made so I can start incorporating more foods next week)

Generally, I don't think things on the forum are "bad" in any way right now, but there are a few big threads with a LOT of negativity. Maybe I'm just a little stressed because I've been too busy to eat lunch yet (I think I can go heat up my soup soon, reached a lull), but I feel on the verge of tears and fairly pathetic just because someone was being a butt-head to me. I don't understand why people seem so happy to stay angry about irrelevant things. I am not good at arguing and I don't want to.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Great to hear about your energy and being okay deviating from the SCD plan every once in a while. Being so strict and dogmatic can be harmful, I've learned.

I'm sorry you're upset :/ it's very easy to say things on a forum that one might not say to someone's face and that's probably the most upsetting thing of all. I completely stay out of that crap.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like having a feeling for what's going on, so I don't like avoiding the drama. I just need to continue keeping my mouth shut. Being a peace keeper at heart is not good for those kinds of things.

I had an awesome ride home, made really good time on my commutes today.