Page 480 of 806 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 8055

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 480

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    What a lovely picture.
    indeed makes even my cold heart get a touch warm.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'll post a link to my Flickr set when I get the rest of the photos (if I put them online, which I probably will because I love sharing). There will probably be more photos on my blog anyway. I can't wait. I want to order prints & send them to Baba. Actually, my goal is to put together a book of photos from the wedding for her.

For the sake of honesty: I didn't bike today. I was really dragging my ass this morning and decided to coddle myself. It's going to rain tomorrow, but I will bike the rest of the week. Saving the gas money will be wise!

My mom paid me the rest of the scooter money. I put it into my new bank account & used some of money over the weekend. Our gas & toll money will be reimbursed for the van trip. Hulky's meals are getting covered, too, for the trip to the research facility on Sunday. Hopefully another professor can drive it back when they return, so he doesn't have to do another 3 hrs driving (with me following) on Sept 1st. We need to cozy in at the new apartment!

I am saving my grocery receipts for the month to see how much my new WOE will cost me. Just curious. It may not be super cheap, but it should still be cheaper than feeding both of us.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I am going to run out of soup quickly. I beefed mine up with some bone broth that I'd defrosted, but was still hungry after dinner. I had a really awful brain-fart moment the other day and started straining my soup out DOWN THE DRAIN when I was going to separate the veggies from the chicken (and carrots). I started yelling NO NO NO NO before I could get my hands to stop. So mad! I laugh about it to keep from berating myself. So I lost some of the broth.

I went over and signed the lease, also had dinner with Coach & family (his wife, mother, daughter who is 2 years younger and I know from high school, and later saw his son C, who was in my year & BFF w/ Hulky). We're fine to move in on the 31st, actually will be moving stuff over anytime starting this weekend. Cucumbers and tomatoes are SCD compliant, but the chicken thighs had some kind of sauce on them. I didn't ask. The thing about the SCD is that it's really restrictive. People even check their supplements for compliant ingredients. For some people, it can make a difference. I don't know if I'm "some people" so I should really be making more of an effort for 100% compliance to make sure.

That said, my chicken soup is tasty, but not at all filling. I am too tired now to go out for the milk so the yogurt is probably not getting made until Wednesday night. I need to make more soup tomorrow and don't want to leave the stove on while I'm out of the house.

SCD day 2

I don't know why I'm counting (I guess I just want a title for the entry). Even if I'm not strict about the intro, I plan on being strict about sticking to the SCD for the rest of the month. Probably beyond that, too. I'm hoping once I start making some real dinners that I can get into the groove of rotating recipes every week and it'll be easy to add stuff in for Hulky once he's back.

I have an app called SCD Buddy on my phone. I can enter foods and it'll tell me if they're SCD "legal". This will be helpful when Venus visits this weekend so I can find something friendly to eat. The oils will not be friendly and I am frankly unwilling to ask them to cook my food in olive oil or butter. I never did it for the Whole30 either. I know it's unwise and I'll feel the effects, but it's more hassle than I'm willing to deal with. For shame!

I'm sleeping enough, but waking up tired. I am just trying to tough it out for now because I don't think taking anything will help. Being tired this consistently for the past week+ leaves me feeling weak. It's hard not to let my mood spiral too.

Tonight: pick up starter yogurt (Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus (optional)) & grass-fed whole milk. Make sure chicken soup. Maybe make some applesauce, though that's supposed to wait a little longer. I guess I'll get some squash to puree.

Packing: I'm starting with Hulky's stuff, since he won't be here. Clothes can go in bags, but I'm also wading through some paperwork. Not sure what to keep, but he has internet access so I can just ask. He said the connection was really bogged down during the day so he won't be able to email often, if other students are hogging the wifi. He suggested I ask his mom to ask his brother-in-law to lend a hand with some moving, since he has a truck. Maybe I'll see if he and Chip can help move most of the larger items on the weekend of the 24th.

I'm going to do some polyurethane on the kitchen cabinets over there this week, as long as the humidity is low. I don't mind being put to work for this place. Can't wait to share some pictures of it, it's really nice. And I could use help figuring out how to arrange the living room =P

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Moving, while a giant pain in the rump, has always been refreshing for me. It's always cool to move into a new home.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Tomi, get your hormones tested!
    I had them tested a year ago -- pretty much "flat line" as is expected for being post-menopausal. I have not had a period in 3 years. I'm doing some reading on vitex, but I'm not finding a lot of info in favor of using it to help libido in p-meno women.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I think dong quai is more frequently recommended for post menopausal women.

I don't think "flatline" is necessarily healthy for post menopausal women, but I'm not an expert.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    How exciting that you're moving! A fresh new start is always fun and exciting!

I think you will pleasantly surprised at how well you do during the 3 weeks Hulky is away - and you will find a new strength that you didn't even know was hiding inside.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm definitely excited about working with a fresh space. I think this will make it easier for both of us for a little while, since he likes to move often and we are both ready to live somewhere new (not in MA). The short term goal is to only be here for a year until we can move out of state, but that depends on jobs & financial status. If we had to stay another year, I'd be okay with that, but am considering looking for a new job after my A+ certification (goal of getting that before May, but depends on if I can afford the tests). We'll see.

I find myself wishing I could stay at home and just pack all day . It's harder for me to set aside small amounts of times to big tasks like this. I need to make some lists of things to remember to do, for both my name & address change. I'll have to take care of moving all the utilities to the new place, which I believe I can schedule in advance. Internet will be the only hassle, as I have to decide where the TV and computers are going so they can get wired up by the technician. I could do it myself, but it's freeeeeeeeeeee and they do a nice job.

I think I'll look in the basement tonight for anything that I can discard. I can also pack up some things, like my cauldron mugs, which I still have the box for. I think we have a large traffic cone that ended up down there somehow that I now have to figure out how to dispose of. Maybe I can leave it on a street corner in the middle of the night O.O.

----

I have some light heartburn after my lunch of soup & a few gelatin squares (making more tonight, only a few squares left, think I'll try a different juice though I did enjoy the grape). I haven't been taking the peppermint oil capsules or digestive enzymes lately. I think I'll resume taking the enzymes, but should probably buy a different brand (Digest Gold is recommended). I need to check the book for recommendations on what should be in a good B-complex.

Day 18938497398.3: still not eating enough

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What Kind of Hungry Are You?
    We all know it's not as simple as "Well, better stop doing that" for a lot of people, but I liked the break down. I think seeing the categories like that is helpful, same way that The Mood Cure breaks down different kinds of depression & "false moods."

As this entry title states, I'm still not eating enough. What else isn't new? I made more chicken soup last night (did not pour out half the broth this time, thank goodness) and I ate plenty of it, as well as some steamed carrots. Carrots seem to sit really well with me. They are magical, I am convinced. I cooked up some chicken breast too.

Of course, I was still ravenous after grocery shopping, so I ate half the container of yogurt that I bought (local brand with the right healthy bugs in it). My gut was a little gurgly after, but no ill effects so far. I should make sure to eat enough before I have any yogurt so I don't try to fill up on it. I need to start small! I am making yogurt tonight

My next food test is going to be squash. I think it will sit fine with my gut. I picked up acorn and butternut squash at the grocery store last night.

I slept really well last night and my bike ride felt good this morning. I took 400 mg of magnesium citrate before bed last night, no idea if that was a factor. I just took it to insure that my motility is okay today, since it's been sluggish lately (but at least working on its own).