Page 48 of 798 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 48

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Boyfriend and I took some 5-HTP late last night (after playing Skyrim) to knock us out. I feel better today, stomach-wise. I'm going to shower and have some eggs with leftover turkey. I got some bones from the bird that I'll be freezing till I get my crockpot (I think my mom is getting me one for Christmas). I don't know if my mom is going to make a turkey this weekend, but I'm definitely stealing bones from that bird if she is!

I heard from my dad this morning. His procedure is finished & they found two points of blockage. They put in the stents (sp?) and he's already feeling much better. He gets to come home tomorrow. I am going to visit him later today, and bring him a hat if my mom hasn't already (he's bald and likes to keep his noggin covered). That was a huge weight off everybody's mind to know that he's doing okay now. I just pray that something like this doesn't happen again. He said there's a rumor going around among the nurses in the cardiology area. "Did you hear about that guy that bikes everyday?" "Oh no, he didn't have a heart attack did he?" Well thankfully no, but it is funny in a sad way that someone with such a healthy heart ends up there and it doesn't ring any bells for anyone. But they just blame it on genetics, and I don't blame anyone. I've done that for a long time too.

I had some revelations the other day about the onset of my depression and anxiety. When I saw the doctor prior to the tests for AF and the bloodwork, he asked if something had happened when I became depressed almost 10 yrs ago. I remember that I was definitely depressed by the time I was 15, but I can't recall if I was depressed or anxious freshman year of high school. I was already deep into the depression by the start of sophomore year and experiencing a lot of anxiety. I remember quitting my position as stage manager in the fall play production because I could not handle the stress. I started cutting around that time. I went through puberty later than some, getting my period at 13, in 8th grade. Sometime after that is when I remember starting to become very sensitive, emotionally. Romantic or dramatic movies suddenly made me choke up. Scary movies suddenly scared me. This makes me think that perhaps my system couldn't keep up with my SAD anymore and the change in hormones threw my body out of whack. I'll wait until I'm sure all the Lexapro is out of my system, but I think it's time to look into my hormone levels and possibly start using a progesterone cream.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    but it is funny in a sad way that someone with such a healthy heart ends up there and it doesn't ring any bells for anyone. But they just blame it on genetics, and I don't blame anyone. I've done that for a long time too.
    When my mother and my grandmother told me this, I told them it was the biggest lie I've ever heard. Even conventional wisdom says you treat heart disease through diet and excercise.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Welp, he already eats well (if he replaced pasta/bread with veggies & ate more red meat, it'd be perfect) except for the occasional late night binge. I think he has cortisol issues which I'm sure is affecting his extra weight. He tends to be a night owl, like me. But it's just stressful for me to diagnose other people so I must restrain myself. I'll drop by later to say hi, since he should be home today.

I am definitely sick. I slept for 12-13 hours last night. My throat is sore. I poked around on here and I don't have the recommended teas, so I'm just having peppermint tea with honey. It definitely soothes the throat, though that's probably due to the warm water rather than the honey. I need to get my VitD drops in. Think I'll bump it up to 12,000IU for the next few days. I'm going to cut back on 5-HTP to 200mg/night for now so I don't oversleep. I will gargle with some warm salted water before bed.

Boyfriend is making a bacon weave & we're gonna have omelette sandwiches (cheese & bacon weave in the middle) for a late lunch.

This is the first time I've really given up since going primal. I was not in the mood to deal with anything last night, like defrosting meat, so we ordered pizza. Not the best plan when I'm already sick, but I did not want to cook and I wasn't in the mood for eggs again.

Still frustrated today. Second-thanksgiving is at 4pm, but boyfriend & I can't stay for long because he has a soccer banquet to go to. My mom just told me that the turkey isn't in the oven so that might not even be ready by 4. I feel bad, but I still want to go to the banquet so we'll probably just eat sides =\ Time to take my supps!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This is the first time I've really given up since going primal. I was not in the mood to deal with anything last night, like defrosting meat, so we ordered pizza. Not the best plan when I'm already sick, but I did not want to cook and I wasn't in the mood for eggs again.

Still frustrated today. Second-thanksgiving is at 4pm, but boyfriend & I can't stay for long because he has a soccer banquet to go to. My mom just told me that the turkey isn't in the oven so that might not even be ready by 4. I feel bad, but I still want to go to the banquet so we'll probably just eat sides =\ Time to take my supps!
    I actually went on the high sugar low fat diet, and drank lots of protein shakes and ate some coconut yogurt. I lost 3 lbs while I was sick too.

Don't give in to bad food, just because you're sick. Eat clean food, even if it isn't vlc.

My average calorie intake was 500 per day, and I never crashed once. You can do it!
    Follow me on google+

I had the opportunity to go completely primal today. I failed. Second-thanksgiving was tasty and delicious (and I stuck with the primal fare and will be picking up the turkey carcass tomorrow), but despite my full belly, I seemed to still feel hungry. Maybe I was just thirsty. We then went to boyfriend's soccer banquet. I ate salad, and a piece of breaded chicken (chicken parm)...and then a few cookies or brownies. I am going to have a cup of plain Kefir in the hope that it will help my full belly process all of this food. I still feel "hungry". My butt will murder me if I eat anymore. I think I need to finally get those probiotics to get my guts in order.

I don't intentionally do VLC. I don't count carbs anymore. I have no signs of ketosis, not like I did when I was first getting there and going through carb flu, so I don't think I'm eating VLC, but there are sometimes several days in a row that I don't eat veggies.

I am wiped. I need to sleep but I'm fighting it as usual. I have no lunch prepared for tomorrow and little desire to start planning for dinner as well.

b67epipadjlg is offline Junior Member
    You shouldn't need to cool the eggs. If you want, you can run some cold water over them to make them easier to handle. Otherwise, I just crack them, roll them and the shell kind of peels off in relatively few pieces.

Wow, spammers really like that post. Reported!

I don't feel like I slept well last night. I didn't take any supplements. I'm not sure if randomly skipping them is bad or OK. I want my body to rest to its full potential while I'm sick, but I don't want to risk being too groggy in the morning. I had some dreams about missing school this weekend (back to high school again, what is up with those dreams?) and it made me really nervous about getting to work late. I got in before 9AM today!

Today's breakfast was a mug of beef broth (from Whole Foods, it has some soybean oil in it, but I just wanted something warm & potentially nutritious because I knew I wouldn't be hungry). I took my VitD & B12 drops in some water, as well as 500mg of Tyrosine & 100mg of Theanine. I'll take more Theanine in the afternoon. It really does seem to help with the anxiety, which I am very pleased about.

I made a fail pumpkin pie last night. I used a smaller pyrex dish (rectangular) and I think I know what went wrong. 1. A round dish would've helped for more even cooking. 2. My coconut milk was separated to begin with so that probably also contributed to the uneven consistency. I cooked it until the knife came out clean in the middle, but when I loosened the edges after, I noticed that it didn't seem done at the bottom in the corners. Oh well. I'll eat it anyway. That and a banana are today's lunch. Dinner will be steaks that I've had marinating since last night. I just hope they don't get messed up and start cooking because of the vinegar while they're still in the fridge!

I'm going to carb up this week (don't know if that's good or bad when I'm battling sickness) because I'm starting to worry about hair loss. I've been shedding like a maniac for a couple of months now and I'm starting to feel like my hair might be thinning. It could just be the length, though. This is the longest my hair has been in years... I can't even remember the last time it was this long (in the front anyway, it's shorter in the back). I've had some dreams about having long and wavy hair that looked really beautiful lately. My hair will never be wavy, but I would like it to be long and healthy, for once.

No 'Poo: By the end of this week, it'll have been one month since conventionally shampooing. Woohoo! So I've learned that a little baking soda goes a long way to get the grime out, I need to scrub better with EACH shower, and I need to take care of my hair first (putting the conditioner in to soak first thing and rinsing it out last). I also need to find more conditioner, ideally something with more pronounceable ingredients. I may try a coconut oil treatment at some point before my winter date on Dec 17. I'm going to make us dinner and we're going to see a local production of the Nutcracker . but anyway, hair... I'm tossing around the idea of "starting over" with No 'Poo by doing a conventional wash at the end of the week. I'm not sure if that would undo any progress my scalp has made in the past month though =\ I just don't like feeling like I have to bring a comb or brush with me everywhere so my hair looks decent.

BTW I thought y'all might like a photo.

My aunt (dad's sister), me and my tiny grandma (Baba) at Baba's house on Thanksgiving. My hair is a bit grungy looking in photos, but I thought it looked really nice and clean in person. My dimples are crazy My grandmother used to be my height, but she's all hunched now I'm determined not to let that happen to me when I get old! She turned 85 this year and is pretty much the love of my life.

I am wiped out today. I think it is partially mental, because I am not happy to be back at work while still feeling sick and after feeling pretty stressed last week. It's going to be a while before I feel like I'm not going to get a phone call from my mom that my dad died, even though he is doing fine now and was not in THAT much danger. It's hard for me to determine if that feeling is "just me", or part of the anxiety. I hope I can get pack this cold quickly, feeling rundown while I'm bored at work is never fun.

Look at those SAD FACES, and your beaming smile.

There should be no other comparison to the SAD for you than this.

It's the happiest photo of you I've seen you post here.

I'm going to carb up this week (don't know if that's good or bad when I'm battling sickness) because I'm starting to worry about hair loss.
    Just take a multivitamin and a protein shake with your favorite yogurt while you're sick. Give your body some protein to at least try to prevent your body from taking the protein from your muscles, yogurt for probiotics, because your gut bacteria help you recover, and stay hydrated!

Feel better .
    Follow me on google+

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, good points. More carbs does not mean less protein! I was going to make a shake this morning and did not feel like it. Hard to get motivated when you feel run down. I'll just do my best Kefir when I get home and steaks are going straight into the broiler! Screw getting to room temp first =\

I've noticed that my teeth are more yellow lately. They've never been particularly white, but the contrast between my "normal" tooth color is rather significant compared to the white deposits (fluoride? calcium? dunno) at the bottoms of my top front teeth. Hmm...