Page 478 of 894 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 8932

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 478

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Depends on the grape juice. Any other symptoms? Asthma like symptoms? Headache? Increase in anxiety or feeling of doom and gloom?
    I never did a sleep away camp. We didn't have the money for us kids to go anywhere that wasn't free. We did VBS a lot as a kid, and I went on a couple of youth group over nighters, but I missed out on the non free aspects of sumner. As I got older, we found the money to occasionally join a rec soccer league, but that was it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    There is a show on USA now called Summer Camp. It sounds very similar, except of course, they're playing up the sex factor and people get eliminated each week - it's like Survivor but based around Summer Camp.

The closest I got to a Summer camp was Basic Training.

5:30 Wake up
    6-7: PT
    7-7:30: showers
    7:30-9:00: Breakfast
    9-10 (or so): barracks clean up
    10-1630: field training, ruck march, range qual, etc.
    1700-1800: dinner
    1800-1900: Drill sergeant time
    1900-2200: free time to write home, read, converse with battle buddies
    2200: lights out.

This was roughly the timeline.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Increase in anxiety today, but thought that was probably more related to the diarrhea/upset gut. No headache, just light-headed from fluid loss. No doom and gloom, it's mostly the anxiety (worrying about everything going on this weekend). Allergies aren't any worse than usual.

Most of my friends did daytime camps and/or organized sports. I was just never interested in either, I guess.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

diene is offline Senior Member
    I never went to a sleep-away camp. I wanted to, but I guess we didn't really have the money either. Plus, my mom was crazy and probably wouldn't have let me anyway.

Gluten-free day 13

If I counted right, anyway. Tomorrow might be 13. Whatever, tomorrow I stop counting.

I slept terribly last night. I guess I am worrying a lot about Hulky being away. It's going to be a rough 3 weeks. I could not fall asleep until around 3 AM. I joined Hulky in bed this morning after sleeping in the other room for a little while and then slept in until around 11, so I mostly caught up.

Still not sure if we're moving. We have to figure that out today. The apartment is really, really nice. Rent would not go up AND it would have a washer & dryer. Gas heat should be cheaper and not to mention the new windows so we wouldn't be losing as much heat in the winter. My heart just isn't in this move. It's exciting to think about moving to a new place, even in the same neighborhood, but I'm not sure how well I'll handle the stress with Hulky gone.

I can tell I lost water weight yesterday from the diarrhea. My abs are more visible. I'm working on hydrating today since I still feel a little light-headed.

We saw Percy Jackson 2. It was pretty awful, the books are infinitely better.
    Journal

Depression Lies

imgur: the simple image sharer
    This links to a nice bra-fitting guide (how to measure yourself at home)
    Uh, I measured my boobs today and they have DEFINITELY grown. Thanks, Vitex? I measured at 30" underbust and 35" bust. For fun, I measured my waist too, which is also 30". Yay, long ribcabe. I'll never have a super defined waist, but it looks awesome anyway. Not really concerned about hourglass figures or whatever.

The guide uses UK sizing, so I guess it's not that helpful for me. I mean, this says I should be a 32DD, if I'm rounding up. Definitely not.

Bra Fitting - How to Measure and Fit A Bra
    Most of the general info I'm finding for US sizing is that I should be a 34A, which is what I was trying to wear before my boobs definitely grew. I just tried on my bras and lo and behold, they fit perfectly. They have NEVER FIT well. This is cool. I'm still going to continue this bralessness as much as possible, but good to know I have some fitted underwire bras if I need them! I might be able to wear a 32B or C, but I'll have to try on some to find out. Doubtful. I think the cups would be too close.
    Journal

Depression Lies

diene is offline Senior Member
    Okay, now I'm definitely going to try Vitex.

Did you take it throughout the entire month or only during certain times in your cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Okay, now I'm definitely going to try Vitex.

Did you take it throughout the entire month or only during certain times in your cycle?
    I was diagnosed with low progesterone via blood test. It's supposed to be highest during ovulation, around a week before a 28-30 day cycle begins (period). I guess that day can vary for people, but mine was quite low and I've always been regular on a 28-30 day cycle. Anyway, my doctor told me to take it everyday for at least a few months. I just kept taking it once I began to feel the effects, about 1.5-2 months in. I haven't gone back for testing yet. I think someone posted something in YogaBare's journal recently about extended use for 9 months, which is accurate for me. I have not felt like it's doing anything for me lately, which could be from stress due to Hulky leaving, but I'm trying tapering off to see how the next month or so goes. I'll get my levels tested again when I can afford the bloodwork.

Effects for me were: more energy (first noticed that I felt inclined to bound up the stairs instead of dragging myself), no debilitating depression the entire week before my period with the worst days being day before and day of period (this had only started sometime last year, which prompted the testing), and now a shorter period (5 days instead of 7). Also, a libido! Something that I sorely lacked for several years. I blame antidepressants and birth control pills.
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I still wonder if a little vitex would help me in the libido department. Damn menopause!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Learn More
    Tomi, get your hormones tested!

Welp, I've made it two weeks gluten-free and now I want to start the SCD. I think today might actually be a prep day because I'm feeling pretty low with Hulky leaving (just left about 1/2 an hour ago). My parents invited me over to have dinner & hang out. My brother is getting home from camp today and I could do a little laundry, since their dryer got fixed. I kind of don't want to wash the sheets, but I really should.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We did a lot of driving to pick up the van that he's going to drive up to the field station today. We ate at a Denny's with his professor for lunch and a local Mexican place with the in-laws for dinner. Rice & beans leave me with hunger pangs. I am happy to leave those behind, moving forward with my diet plan.

I am going to meet with our potential new landlord, Hulky's former soccer coach, sometime this morning to see if we can negotiate rent. He's a great guy, but I am still feeling super nervous and emotionally off balance. I am worried for how my emotional stability will fare for the next 3 weeks. Hulky has been telling people that I'll be fine, but I am pretty worried for myself. This will be the longest we have been apart (probably only a week before, maybe 2 when I was in school, but the relationship was less serious).
    Journal

Depression Lies