Page 476 of 763 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 7621

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 476

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Trust me, I know how to research for sales . I think we'll at least get it running reliably, but replacing the tires is probably out of the question. I don't think we could do that on our own and it would probably cost as much as we'd get in a sale. That model is fairly common up there, only worth a bit if they're really nice.

Last post for the day barring any craziness: I told Hulky I'm going ahead with the SCD while he's away, hoping for answers & improvement instead of just "managing". I feel hopeful, but also scared. This blog has someone's trials with constipation, GAPS, and SCD...she doesn't have any long-term relief except through mag citrate yet. I need to follow the SCD protocol to the letter. I hope I can manage this if Venus visits in a couple of weeks. I hope I can find a reasonable way to do this and cook for both Hulky and me. It will be a huge pain for both of us to learn a new way of cooking just for me, or doing separate meals (not to mention harsher on the budget). I want to be healthy though At least he is supportive. He said, "Go for it!" I don't expect a cure in a month, but progress or more information would be great.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless Wonders: “She walks on gold.”

And more photos on my Flickr stream (also better quality because blogger likes to make things look awful)

Flickr: the nameless wonder's Photostream

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I have done SCD - read the book, did the supps (glutamine, molybdenum, etc.) and I can't say that it helped me much. I think many of the principles can be helpful and there are some that I do use to this day - if my stomach feels particularly taxed, I might due a few days inspired by the intro diet to get myself back to baseline - but I also found a lot of the "allowed" foods to be terrible for me. So it is a great way to find what works for you, but don't continue to follow any of the "rules" if they aren't working for you. Also, I feel like it's more geared towards people with IBS-D, not C.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Gluten-free day 10

Om, I'm doing a lot of "supplementary" reading too, about SCD and constipation in particular. Looks like some people continue their side treatments (mag citrate, prunes, whatever) while doing SCD. I think there may be specific foods that are problematic for me and this is at least a way to begin identifying them. I don't want to be on all these supplements for the rest of my life unless something in my digestive system is seriously broken

This morning, I had a revelation about my history of constipation. It HAS been a life-long issue. I would say I was regularly constipated, though I have no idea with what frequency. I have very clear memories of being afraid to poop while at a friend's house because I didn't want to spend a while in the bathroom. This happened a lot. I never told anyone about those problems because I'd forget it easily and nothing had ever indicated to me that this wasn't normal. I have been a milk-drinker and dairy-consumer for my whole life. I wonder if it in fact never agreed with me, it just wasn't as noticeable until now. I hope that the 24-hr fermented yogurt either sits okay with me or there are easy substitutions for some of the dairy recipes in the Breaking the Vicious Cycle book. I didn't get a chance to start reading last night.

Speaking of which, I had ice cream last night and slept poorly. I'm very tired today.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay day 10!

Your constipation revelation is very interesting. I wonder how many of us suffer with something obliviously until it becomes untenable.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who has always had the constipation problem and so has her daughter. She found dairy to be very problematic and meat also, so she is now vegan and doing very well and so is daughter. I must admit, she is looking good and kiddo is too. I worry about the long term for them though as she believes that broccoli has more protein that steak (you can find studies done that support any nonsense)! I wonder if the meat digestion has to do with her messed up gut and if she straightens that out, would it get better. Maybe her body doesn't produce the enzymes to digest meat well either. I think vegan is fine for a detox diet, but long term not so much. Anyway, good luck finding your answers! Don't stress about the meal prep or cost right now, just use this time for learning and you can figure out the rest later!

I would think underproduction of enzymes or bile would affect issues with digesting meat. I think all those veggies would destroy my gut right now!

This week is learning week, next week is implementation

ombat is offline Senior Member
    There are a few different types of constipation. I take it that yours is more of the "need to go but can't" variety that causes straining? Is that correct? It seems like that is more due to some sort of intolerance to a particular food (like dairy, as you mention) so I agree that SCD would provide good guidelines for figuring out what works for you.

I also realized that I have been dealing with my form of constipation (just not going for days at a time) since I was young as well but I never realized it was an "issue" back then. I definitely went days and days at a time without having a BM. I also had painful stomach cramping when I was a child and I wonder if they coincided with going after days of not... No way to recall, unfortunately.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    There are a few different types of constipation. I take it that yours is more of the "need to go but can't" variety that causes straining? Is that correct?
    Yup.

I also realized that I have been dealing with my form of constipation (just not going for days at a time) since I was young as well but I never realized it was an "issue" back then. I definitely went days and days at a time without having a BM. I also had painful stomach cramping when I was a child and I wonder if they coincided with going after days of not... No way to recall, unfortunately.
    I can't remember ever having cramping, not until things got really backed up starting last year, but I was usually an every-other-day pooper.

I'm anxious and excited about doing something different. I'm probably going to go a little dairy-crazy this week because even though I'll be starting off with some dairy next week, I'm sure, it's not going to be ice cream

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hope this works for you! happy thoughts!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.