Page 470 of 797 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 7964

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 470

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's interesting that your sleep is suffering since you gave up gluten. I wonder if it's to do with the opiate effect gluten has on some people...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Sleep was bad before I gave up gluten too, but that was also the week+ leading up to the engagement party. I used to sleep this poorly before I started taking 5-HTP, now it seems to happen randomly sometimes, but not for this long. I'm not taking 5-HTP tonight and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a melt down tomorrow. I will bring it with me to the lakehouse just in case.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sleep was bad before I gave up gluten too, but that was also the week+ leading up to the engagement party. I used to sleep this poorly before I started taking 5-HTP, now it seems to happen randomly sometimes, but not for this long. I'm not taking 5-HTP tonight and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a melt down tomorrow. I will bring it with me to the lakehouse just in case.
    I had such serious sleep difficulties for most of my life, and now I'm finding on a high fruit diet I sleep really well! Optimal sleep happens for me after 300gs carbs. Total calories plays a role, but no matter how much I ate on HFLC, my sleep was shit.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

It has been a my whole life kind of thing too, even as a toddler. Not taking hours to fall asleep is a huge improvement in recent years, but I'd like to sleep the whole night.

I took magnesium last night because I'd only taken 400 mg during the day. I woke up around when my alarm usually goes off but otherwise slept well!

Sent by carrier pigeon.

I am probably breaking my gluten-free streak today for some fast food on the road. We're just killing some time now until we leave for the lake house. It's raining now, but hopefully will be clearing up later. Should be fairly hot tomorrow & sunday!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I sleep like the dead eating higher carb.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I sleep like the dead eating higher carb.
    I do to but during the day. I guess I have average sleep, not great but nothing to really lose... Sleep over... Oh god. Anyway, after going moderate carb I have more energy and no swings so I can stay awake during the day easily but sometimes my body/mind won't shut up at night.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Hope the weather clears up for a nice weekend
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It has been a my whole life kind of thing too, even as a toddler. Not taking hours to fall asleep is a huge improvement in recent years, but I'd like to sleep the whole night.

I took magnesium last night because I'd only taken 400 mg during the day. I woke up around when my alarm usually goes off but otherwise slept well!

Sent by carrier pigeon.
    Isn't it interesting that so many of these symptoms correlate? insomnia, gut issues, depression, anxiety... I have all these issues as well.

Have you ever tried charcoal for your gut issues? I need to start sorting mine out...

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Isn't it interesting that so many of these symptoms correlate? insomnia, gut issues, depression, anxiety... I have all these issues as well.

Have you ever tried charcoal for your gut issues? I need to start sorting mine out...
    Gut issues = serotonin = cause of most of those issues, if you really think about it. However, it's not the only, as I have a pretty iron stomach and digestive system, and still have mild insomnia and anxiety. I think there are too many neurotransmitors to really narrow down a lot of symptoms, just some are pretty self-explanatory when related to the gut and where most serotonin is located.
    nihil